No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 2nd, 2020 at 12:10:41 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
"Every morning, this morning I didn't, I get a brief from medical docs on the status of where things are. And, uh, you know, uh, the former head of the, uh, anyway...".

"Over 600,000 dead."

May 2nd, 2020 at 1:26:46 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: kenarman
SOOPOO I hope you enjoyed your golf game. I will flip things around a bit on the question you have asked several times on the number of deaths. I will use Canadian stats some countries would be worse and some better. Canada normally has about 25 million deaths a month. Covid so far has caused 3,391 deaths in Canada. We have been under lockdown for close to 6 weeks. This has done nothing to develop any kind of herd immunity the number of deaths from my point of view are meaningless in the big picture. A large portion of the deaths were elderly and in care facilities with little quality of life and few years to live. This might seem hard nosed but I am into my 70's and death is not that scary a thing and inevitable anyway. To get around to answering your question I would accept 5 or 10 times as many deaths in a no lock down scenario, likely even more. The cost to the fabric of our society is currently much worse than the number of deaths.

I did enjoy my game! Lots of pars and even one birdie from the regular men's tees! Probably 86 or so... one hole I took 3 shots from a single bunker but only took a 7.... might have been an 8.... (The cups are elevated so you just have to hit them.... on a two foot putt you just ram it into the cup..... probably saves 2 to 3 shots a round.)

I respect your answer. It is not too dissimilar from mine. If I hear Cuomo or Trump say one more time that "even one death from this scourge is one too many" I will need to bang my head into a wall.
May 2nd, 2020 at 1:56:19 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Face

Jun 28, 2018 - There were 267,213 deaths in Canada in 2016—the highest level since the Vital Statistics registration system was introduced in the 1920s. This is from Statscan the Canadian government statistics department.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 2nd, 2020 at 2:01:26 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: SOOPOO
I did enjoy my game! Lots of pars and even one birdie from the regular men's tees! Probably 86 or so... one hole I took 3 shots from a single bunker but only took a 7.... might have been an 8.... (The cups are elevated so you just have to hit them.... on a two foot putt you just ram it into the cup..... probably saves 2 to 3 shots a round.)

I respect your answer. It is not too dissimilar from mine. If I hear Cuomo or Trump say one more time that "even one death from this scourge is one too many" I will need to bang my head into a wall.

They have just opened up our local course this weekend (we only have 1 full size course) and I will try to get out this week. The closure until now was weather related and not Covid related.
May 2nd, 2020 at 2:41:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Tanko
"Every morning, this morning I didn't, I get a brief from medical docs on the status of where things are. And, uh, you know, uh, the former head of the, uh, anyway...".

"Over 600,000 dead."

I've seen this with a laugh track
added, it's hilarious. I wouldn't
let the old man run a lemonade
stand, let alone anything bigger.
Notice Scarbourugh let the
first mistake go, then when Biden
said it again, it was just embarrassing
and he had to correct him. Biden's
mouth is connected to his brain,
that's the problem.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 2nd, 2020 at 2:43:36 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: kenarman

Jun 28, 2018 - There were 267,213 deaths in Canada in 2016

That's better. 25mm per month, you'd be out of people in 6 weeks.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 2nd, 2020 at 3:11:36 PM permalink
kenarman

Then we could start Canada over again maybe do a better job the second time.

I must have Biden disease my brain knew wanted it wanted to type but my finger didn't. I edited my original post.
May 2nd, 2020 at 4:14:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

But Americans might be able to play in the NHL.
The President is a fink.
May 2nd, 2020 at 7:29:30 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Crazies: Reopen everything now!

Georgia: okay!

Georgia retailers:

Like I said earlier, these crazies out there protesting the stay-at-home orders with their big guns and tiny penises are a small minority of people. The vast majority of Americans know it isn’t safe yet and even if everything opened up tomorrow, the demand just won’t be there. It doesn’t make economic sense to open up yet.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 2nd, 2020 at 7:49:57 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Crazies: Reopen everything now!

Georgia: okay!

Georgia retailers:

Like I said earlier, these crazies out there protesting the stay-at-home orders with their big guns and tiny penises are a small minority of people. The vast majority of Americans know it isn’t safe yet and even if everything opened up tomorrow, the demand just won’t be there. It doesn’t make economic sense to open up yet.

Exactly
These protestors are nuts because
Trump and the Governors really have no power regarding starting up the economy
That power rests with the people
Until people feel safe, they will continue to stay home safely
To get people to feel comfortable to start the economy means testing testing testing and tracking tracking tracking

We had a big gathering at a nearby restaurant. They had a band playing outside. The parking lot was full as people ate their takeout listening to music in their cars.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"