1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 1st, 2020 at 11:21:35 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
Georgia verifies 1K new COVID-19 cases in 24 hours

The last time Georgia had over 1,000 new cases in a day was mid-April.

This is apparently what the “open it up now!” crowd wants to see....

There is a reason GA’s governor is the least popular governor in the country right now.

Yeah it is a mess here.

Our Gov dropped the ball hard. He could not even make it last until May (like he originally said, which was not long enough to begin with).

I don't know if he is the worst Gov in America (that is saying a lot). But, I used to like him (seems like a down to earth guy), but he is too pro-business (former GA sec of state) so he is too afraid of upsetting certain business interests here...
May 1st, 2020 at 11:30:22 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Gandler

There is a reason GA’s governor is the least popular governor in the country right now.

Yeah it is a mess here.

Our Gov dropped the ball hard. He could not even make it last until May (like he originally said, which was not long enough to begin with).

I don't know if he is the worst Gov in America (that is saying a lot). But, I used to like him (seems like a down to earth guy), but he is too pro-business (former GA sec of state) so he is too afraid of upsetting certain business interests here...

More testing, more positives. More freedom to move, more positives.

I think it is a combination of both things; each would be weighted differently for different areas. I doubt there would be a perfect reopening unless we waited until the Coronavirus disappeared...which is not going to happen.

"One way state leaders aim to fight is through increased COVID-19 testing. Dr. Kathleen Toomey, Georgia’s public health commissioner, set a private goal Monday of 100,000 new tests in the next 10 days."

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/breaking-georgia-verifies-new-covid-cases-hours/LqtzhH5mSQvSvkHIJsUxCI/amp.html

They will find more infections with those tests. Outcomes of the disease will be more telling than the number of infections.
May 1st, 2020 at 12:21:13 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Yeah it is a mess here.

When you say dropped the ball, if you mean more Georgians will die with an "open" State than in a "closed" State, then you are correct. But WHENEVER any Governor "opens" his State there will be more deaths than if he kept it closed FOREVER. Sadly, but honestly, we will need to accept COVID-19 deaths that would have been prevented WHENEVER the Governor chooses to "open" the State.

The adult argument is..... how many extra deaths are ok? And then trust the math and pick that date. Politicians are afraid to answer that question.

How does Cuomo answer this question....? "By fully opening the economy today, there will be an extra 50 deaths over the next month that could have been avoided. Are you opening the State today?

Put any different number in for 50 and answer....
May 1st, 2020 at 12:28:57 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO

Yeah it is a mess here.

When you say dropped the ball, if you mean more Georgians will die with an "open" State than in a "closed" State, then you are correct. But WHENEVER any Governor "opens" his State there will be more deaths than if he kept it closed FOREVER. Sadly, but honestly, we will need to accept COVID-19 deaths that would have been prevented WHENEVER the Governor chooses to "open" the State.

The adult argument is..... how many extra deaths are ok? And then trust the math and pick that date. Politicians are afraid to answer that question.

How does Cuomo answer this question....? "By fully opening the economy today, there will be an extra 50 deaths over the next month that could have been avoided. Are you opening the State today?

Dropped the ball meaning he reneged on his original decision to keep closed until may in order to open a week early due to corporate pressure... He could not even keep his original plan in place...

GA had pretty loose guidelines to begin with, pretty much only adult clubs, massage parlors, beauty salons and a few other places were deemed nonessential.... The state was 99% open anyway.... The governor even made it illegal for costal mayors to close beaches or for any mayor to make it stricter. He dropped the ball hard from the start and then could not even carry his watered down month "stay at home order" through, he had to back down a week early....
May 1st, 2020 at 12:35:43 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC
More testing, more positives. More freedom to move, more positives.

Georgia conducted nearly 13,000 tests two days ago. More than three times their usual number. There is a lag in the results, which were reported today.

The daily trend in the number of hospitalizations, would be a better indicator, but it is not available.

The daily number of Covid-19 deaths in GA is decreasing.
May 1st, 2020 at 1:00:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

So well put!

Too many people look at it statically. You need to look dynamically. And people need to stop thinking we can just stop death.
The President is a fink.
May 1st, 2020 at 3:40:34 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
So well put!

Too many people look at it statically. You need to look dynamically. And people need to stop thinking we can just stop death.

Thank you. Please refer to Shrek posts for the proper way to laud my posts! (Teasing).

I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing when we open up. I think I'll consider the entire world a supermarket. I'll wear a stupid mask. Use gobs of hand sanitizer. I hope wifey and I decide to use restaurants if open.

And if I start getting sick, I beg for Remdesivir as soon as I get a positive test. Then hope for the best.
May 1st, 2020 at 4:13:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
So well put!

If you look at it dynamically there are more than two variables.

For instance, one would be the earlier you open up, you also increase the chance the more people could have missed the chance of improved treatment that might have saved their life that might be here over the next couple months had you just waited somewhat longer.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 2nd, 2020 at 4:03:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
If you look at it dynamically there are more than two variables.

For instance, one would be the earlier you open up, you also increase the chance the more people could have missed the chance of improved treatment that might have saved their life that might be here over the next couple months had you just waited somewhat longer.

I look at it this way. Deaths are going to come in at most 1/10 of what was predicted, in some cases 1/20. Thus we do not need to continue the police state. Whether one wants to say this is because of or in spite of the police state lockdown (called "shelter in place" by the media) does not matter. By my count we are at Day 54 of various stages of said lockdown. Results are results.

We are now fractured into two positions. There are those that say we need to continue the lockdown. Some do not live in reality and say that we cannot allow "greed to cost lives." I have seen that, or forms of it, said. These are the people who think milk comes from the grocery store and gas comes from the gas station. To them anything that causes any damage "needs to be banned." That people are going to lose their house or be evicted and are going hungry does not matter, WE HAVE TO SAVE LIVES!

The other side says "OPEN UP ALREADY!" These people accept that life is calculated risk. They understand we need to get back to work. They want to get out of the house. They understand life is not perfect, and that beef comes from cows, meaning cows have to die so they can eat at Burger King. They know that people dying is life.

So, it kind of comes down to, do you want to have a depression and live in poverty until they get a vaccine, which may never come in the first place. Or do you want to go about life and take your chances that you will be among the 1 in 200 or so people the die if you are in the group that catches it, which lowers your odds to maybe 1 in 1000 or less?

BTW: If you want to live in poverty and wait for vaccine there will probably be China Virus II that will come out right after.
The President is a fink.
May 2nd, 2020 at 5:47:17 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
I look at it this way. Deaths are going to come in at most 1/10 of what was predicted, in some cases 1/20. Thus we do not need to continue the police state. Whether one wants to say this is because of or in spite of the police state lockdown (called "shelter in place" by the media) does not matter. By my count we are at Day 54 of various stages of said lockdown. Results are results.

We are now fractured into two positions. There are those that say we need to continue the lockdown. Some do not live in reality and say that we cannot allow "greed to cost lives." I have seen that, or forms of it, said. These are the people who think milk comes from the grocery store and gas comes from the gas station. To them anything that causes any damage "needs to be banned." That people are going to lose their house or be evicted and are going hungry does not matter, WE HAVE TO SAVE LIVES!

The other side says "OPEN UP ALREADY!" These people accept that life is calculated risk. They understand we need to get back to work. They want to get out of the house. They understand life is not perfect, and that beef comes from cows, meaning cows have to die so they can eat at Burger King. They know that people dying is life.

So, it kind of comes down to, do you want to have a depression and live in poverty until they get a vaccine, which may never come in the first place. Or do you want to go about life and take your chances that you will be among the 1 in 200 or so people the die if you are in the group that catches it, which lowers your odds to maybe 1 in 1000 or less?

BTW: If you want to live in poverty and wait for vaccine there will probably be China Virus II that will come out right after.

And another libbie gets SLAMMED lol!

Damn, this is what AZ just did.......I think the libbie is still reeling! 🤣🤣🤣

Then again, this is the libbie who brought up donkey dicks and bestiality the last time he got slammed. Thank god I have him blocked because I definitely don't want to see what he's gonna say now. 🙈