No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 1st, 2020 at 3:47:22 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
It's funny hearing the mask police whine.
Remember, these are the same people who have no problem blowing their marijuana smoke in the air and endangering the rest of us who inhale their second hand smoke. 🙄

BTW someone made a great point on Twitter: "If a piece of cloth can't stop a fart from getting into the air, how the hell is it gonna stop a virus?!"
May 1st, 2020 at 7:04:43 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Why are they still allowed to sell nonessential lottery tickets is what I wonder.

I am not aware of any legal products that are not available for sale. The c-store is considered essential as it sell groceries too.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 1st, 2020 at 7:16:08 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
I guess an employer who doesn't follow up on a work history gets what he gets. You'd have to be really slick to go through life expecting no employer to want references.

Depends on how tight the labor market is. And how low level the job is. She was fired from a pizza shop (almost burned the place down!) before she got the bakery job. There weren't dozens (or any, probably) lined up for that job. If she is applying for an entry level job at Apple, then that would be different.
May 1st, 2020 at 7:20:06 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Shrek
It's funny hearing the mask police whine.
Remember, these are the same people who have no problem blowing their marijuana smoke in the air and endangering the rest of us who inhale their second hand smoke. 🙄

BTW someone made a great point on Twitter: "If a piece of cloth can't stop a fart from getting into the air, how the hell is it gonna stop a virus?!"

So why do doctors wear those uncomfortable N-95 masks when doing procedures on COVID-19 patients? Because they are designed to prevent the virus from getting through. Why don't they use cheaper surgical masks? Because they are NOT designed to prevent the virus from getting through! They are better than using nothing. But exactly how efficacious they are I can't tell you. Just less so than the N-95 masks.
May 1st, 2020 at 8:24:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Depends on how tight the labor market is. And how low level the job is. She was fired from a pizza shop (almost burned the place down!) before she got the bakery job. There weren't dozens (or any, probably) lined up for that job. If she is applying for an entry level job at Apple, then that would be different.

Still on the employer to not just hire blind. Do you remember reading one of the long term members on the other board telling how he bankrupted his employer while working as his employee. (it was either a bar or liquor store) (no wasn't EB) I can't remember rules about bringing up stuff like that, even if it's written out, but it's also not on this board, so that's all I'll say.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 1st, 2020 at 8:44:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
I am not aware of any legal products that are not available for sale. The c-store is considered essential as it sell groceries too.

I mean the entire lottery should be shut down as nonessential. And can't the virus survive on those tickets?
The President is a fink.
May 1st, 2020 at 10:02:57 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
I mean the entire lottery should be shut down as nonessential. And can't the virus survive on those tickets?
IDK about the virus living on the tickets? I was going on the assumption that the majority of handling was done by machine, not that the machine wasn't infected also. I used hand dis infectant before and after, and put the tickets in a box that I spritzed with a 5% bleach solution for 24 hours before handing them off?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 1st, 2020 at 11:00:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
delete
The President is a fink.
May 1st, 2020 at 11:00:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
It's probably been on your hands already if you've touched different things in public places.

In fact, it will probably be on your hands more than once in the next few months unless you never touch anything when you're in public. It's what you do with your hands then, that can get you in trouble. As far as I know, it doesn't go through normal skin.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 1st, 2020 at 11:14:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Georgia verifies 1K new COVID-19 cases in 24 hours

The last time Georgia had over 1,000 new cases in a day was mid-April.

This is apparently what the “open it up now!” crowd wants to see....

There is a reason GA’s governor is the least popular governor in the country right now.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman