No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 12th, 2020 at 10:18:35 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Yep as I've been saying all along this whole coronavirus scare is a big hoax! It's at the bottom of the list man!!

This whole thing has shown that people blindly believe the propaganda they see on TV and are incapable of thinking for themselves! 🙄

April 12th, 2020 at 10:30:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Ha ha ha. So you're saying Fauci and the "Scarf lady" aren't the best people?

Sadly, they probably are the best.
A poor commentary of the state
of who's in charge of world health.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 13th, 2020 at 5:31:10 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Shrek
Yep as I've been saying all along this whole coronavirus scare is a big hoax! It's at the bottom of the list man!!

This whole thing has shown that people blindly believe the propaganda they see on TV and are incapable of thinking for themselves! 🙄

I think for myself. I’m selfish. There, I admitted it. I’m not going to die of starvation, so I’m not as worried about it. Abortion won’t kill me. Unclean drinking water is easy to avoid for me. No thanks on suicide. I won’t smoke.

However, to protect myself from coronavirus is quite a difficult task , both for me and for society as a whole. I’ve said this before, often about malaria, that Americans barely care at all about deaths in Africa. Not a blip on our radar. Southeast Asia deaths from unclean drinking water? Maybe a blip on the radar, but no US public policy to fight it.

As I wrote while you were in time out, I will accept coronavirus deaths to some degree, but am for all the social distancing and economy crushing rules we have right now. Once our health care system can handle the caseload normally, that means no tent hospitals in Central Park, no need to use a convention center as a hospital, then I’d open things up, even being aware that many preventable deaths will not be prevented. I’m high risk; one of those deaths might be my own.

Calling what is happening in NYC now a ‘hoax’ is pathetically ignorant.
April 13th, 2020 at 5:49:30 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
I’m high risk; one of those deaths might be my own.

Oh no, I meant it's a hoax because it's been blown waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion. If NYC wants to destroy itself, that's fine with me. But in other places such as Fresno County, there have only been FIVE deaths. No need to destroy their economy. More people die from car accidents, yet I don't see anybody giving up their cars. 🙄
April 13th, 2020 at 6:31:02 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
"Six people were wounded in a shooting at a party in California early Saturday, even though the state is under a stay-at-home order to help prevent the coronavirus from spreading.

Authorities were called to an apartment complex in Bakersfield just after midnight where a large party had taken place, the Kern County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement. Investigators at the scene found 94 shell casings and three live rounds of ammunition, The Associated Press reported."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bakersfield-party-shooting-covid19-coronavirus_n_5e9351ebc5b6765e9563198d

Some say that as many as 400 may have attended.

They were wrong to be at the party, of course, but people are only going to accept being cooped up for so long before more and more things like this, and even more smaller events, (without the shootings, hopefully) are going to happen.
April 13th, 2020 at 7:08:40 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’m starting to understand why righties seem so afraid of Gretchen Whitmer lately. She swiftly destroyed Ted Cruz on Twitter last night.

And he deleted within minutes:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 13th, 2020 at 8:26:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: Shrek

Shrek complaining about Trump declaring a National Disaster instead of declaring the virus a hoax
amazing how some conservatives are turning on Trump
Trump does watch a lot of TV and Trump cant think for himself
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 13th, 2020 at 9:58:17 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The virus reactivated in 116 recovered South Korean patients.

Concern it could attack immune system like HIV.

"To the surprise of the scientists, the T cell became a prey to the coronavirus in their experiment."

If it has those capabilities, it is an airborne form of HIV.

Attacks hemoglobin, rendering red blood cells incapable of carrying oxygen.

April 13th, 2020 at 12:32:25 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
“Only the best people....”

lolololol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 13th, 2020 at 2:08:11 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
The President is wrong about him being the one who can re-open the country. He has mostly persuasive authority (per Jonathan Turley) than administrative authority. The governors have administrative control of their states. That is why I thought that it was generally left to the states to close down (and, subsequently, reopen) even though he (and his team) gave some guidelines for social distancing.

His new group should be working with the states and taking the guidelines from the scientists and doctors into account while working on reopening.

The whole Dr. Fauci "gotcha" playbook is old (and the President's retweet was stupid) because those who rail against the President seem to push Dr. Fauci at all times...and the President was basically following his advice the whole time. His words may have been mixed, but he did follow a lot of the scientific advice along the way.