No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 1st, 2020 at 9:43:51 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
NEVER was a concern for Obama or the Democrats. NEVER cared that there was no way to pay for it. The Democrat way....

You have to be kidding...right? The Democrat way?

Republicans = borrow & spend

Democrats = tax & spend

Pick your poison. I know what my preference is. But to classify spending without paying for it as "the democrat way" displays a complete lack of historical numbers and facts.

Democrats have been far far better for our economy throughout the last 100 years of history and in most measurements it's not even close. You could argue it's just a coincidence. You could argue it's luck. You could argue that they benefit from the last republican administration policies that are just now taking effect. Heck you could even argue that it's the House that controls the purse strings and therefor it's them that should get the credit or blame. You could argue that Presidents don't have that much impact overall on the economy and that their biggest impacts are felt during times of crisis (like the time we are in now). What you cannot argue is that it's not true.

Our economy has performed better with a democrat in the WH and the numbers are not close.

Let's not pretend that it's the "democrat way" to spend and not pay for it. Both parties spend and the Democrats will openly admit to you that they plan to raise taxes to pay for it. Republicans will spend on wars and our military industrial complex while cutting taxes at the same time. They never pay for sh*t. Let's at least be honest about it.
April 2nd, 2020 at 4:17:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
San Francisco order bans reusable bags from grocery stores in effort to fight coronavirus

Kind of ironic. If something good comes out of all this maybe one thing will be an end to these bag bans.
The President is a fink.
April 2nd, 2020 at 4:27:55 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: fleaswatter
Hmmmmmmm

-on Mar 1, 2020 the ban on single use plastic shopping bags goes into effect in NY. Shoppers in NY start using reusable shopping bags.

-on March 1,2010 the first case of COVID-19 in New York was conformed

-as of March 26, 2020 NY has over 37,000 cases of COVID-19

Did the desire to be environment friendly in NY facilitate the spread of the virus?

The Spread of a Norovirus Surrogate via Reusable Grocery Bags in a Grocery Supermarket

Now that San Fran has banned then, perhaps NYC and other cities will follow.
April 2nd, 2020 at 5:37:33 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan
Let's at least be honest about it.

OK. Honesty. Democrats spend way more than Republicans. You want me to make a list of programs that if there were no Democrats would be cut?
I'll let you make a list of programs that would be cut if there were no Republicans.

Now, trip.... honesty.... what do you think would happen?
April 2nd, 2020 at 6:11:37 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Doctors and nurses being fired for revealing equipment shortages or for revealing a personal desire for greater protective measures. Medical people being forbidden to talk to the media.
April 2nd, 2020 at 7:41:59 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
OK. Honesty. Democrats spend way more than Republicans. You want me to make a list of programs that if there were no Democrats would be cut?
I'll let you make a list of programs that would be cut if there were no Republicans.

Now, trip.... honesty.... what do you think would happen?

Bill Clinton balanced the budget
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 2nd, 2020 at 7:42:49 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Fleastiff
Doctors and nurses being fired for revealing equipment shortages or for revealing a personal desire for greater protective measures. Medical people being forbidden to talk to the media.

For profit hospitals that value PR over lives
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 2nd, 2020 at 7:52:15 AM permalink
terapined
WTF, Now I'm angry. Fu*kin Republican governor with no balls

Ron DeSantis deems religious services ‘essential’ — allows them to continue amid coronavirus outbreak
https://deadstate.org/ron-desantis-deems-religious-services-essential-allows-them-to-continue-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/?fbclid=IwAR0IGXDcOZsADLbHpeynwFZvUSyzRydIXPJPil3uHOQi6doAxnRYeWusenI
April 2nd, 2020 at 7:57:16 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
The US is currently a little over 5K deaths and has another 5K in serious and critical condition. If the critical all die that is roughly 10K deaths to date. Last years death rate in the US was 54K / week. These numbers are somewhat similar for any of the countries even Italy and Spain. I see nothing in these numbers that justifies the damage being done to the economy and the fabric of US society. Politicians are doing things because the sheeples are all screaming "you must do something" . The media is just pumping up the hysteria, I have yet to see any of them put the numbers in perspective. The reports aren't we have 5% more deaths this week than normal. The media report is 5,000 COVID 19 DEATHS. There are going to be riots in the streets if this goes on too long.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 2nd, 2020 at 8:07:55 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: kenarman
The US is currently a little over 5K deaths and has another 5K in serious and critical condition. If the critical all die that is roughly 10K deaths to date. Last years death rate in the US was 54K / week. These numbers are somewhat similar for any of the countries even Italy and Spain. I see nothing in these numbers that justifies the damage being done to the economy and the fabric of US society. Politicians are doing things because the sheeples are all screaming "you must do something" . The media is just pumping up the hysteria, I have yet to see any of them put the numbers in perspective. The reports aren't we have 5% more deaths this week than normal. The media report is 5,000 COVID 19 DEATHS. There are going to be riots in the streets if this goes on too long.

A) We are still on the upswing of the curve. EVEN WITH the extreme measures taken, it is STILL going to get worse before it gets better.

B) If we had done nothing, the death toll would be catastrophically worse right now (and also, still getting worse).

I find your argument uninspiring.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob