No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 31st, 2020 at 9:59:44 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
I will take MSNBC (covered the virus early warning America) over Fox (ignored the virus early because protecting Trump more important then warning America) any day now.

Fox News is reportedly worried that there may be legal action taken against them over their truly despicable coverage of COVID-19 early on. They may have very well killed off some of their viewers by downplaying it as a hoax.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/905601/fox-news-reportedly-fears-early-downplaying-covid19-leaves-open-lawsuits
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 31st, 2020 at 10:18:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Just to get us all back to reality. Current deaths in NYC are 1550. If we call this a 2 week total and we average that number of deaths over the next year we would have another 1550 X 25 = 38,750 deaths or .2 of the population of metro NYC. In the whole state of NY 44,092 people died of heart disease alone in 2017.

But the current death toll is with shut down and social distancing in place not everyday circumstances.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 31st, 2020 at 11:34:15 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Model Citizen Kills Old Woman Violating Social Distancing Policies

"An 86-year-old woman in a Brooklyn hospital died Saturday after being assaulted by another patient for allegedly breaking social distancing guidelines amid the coronavirus outbreak, according to a report."

"Lundy was issued a disorderly conduct summons by hospital police and was released before NYPD arrived, the Daily News reported, citing unnamed police sources. She lives in Bedford-Stuyvesant and has 17 prior arrests, on charges including drug possession, trespassing, assault and strangulation."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-woman-86-dies-knocked-ground-violating-coronavirus-social-distancing?fbclid=IwAR2RMRBI42trchP-kuQ_SMxmqN7TXOt9Vtm1PyQ518nmHj2HNPb955h5wGQ
March 31st, 2020 at 12:02:55 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Quote: fleaswatter
Well, well, well, looks like President Trump was right again!!!!!

FDA issues emergency authorization of anti-malaria drug for coronavirus care

I wonder what all the naysayers and skeptics here and the lame-stream media are going to say now???

I wonder if the democrat governors of Nevada, New York and Michigan are going to rescind their executive orders which outlawed the prescribing of these medications for the treatment of the Chinese virus??? Maybe they would rather see infected patients in their states DIE, DIE, DIE than make use of medications touted by the President.

I’ll continue to listen to the experts, not Donny:

If it does end up working, great! But we don’t know yet. And Donny’s announcement was obviously premature and irresponsible.

Not being silly, but there are lies and there are lies. I think a lot of what the President has done is to give hope, in ways that one could call LIES! But the perhaps overstating the value of a drug (by the way, he may end up being correct!) is not a lie I'm concerned about. Regardles of whether he said anything or not, the doctors/researchers were already working on it. So premature, perhaps. Irresponsible? I'd say no for this specific issue.

You want irresponsible? Cuomo allows restaurants to do take out. Find a you tube video of people in line so close they can lick the person in front of them. Then he complains about people not practicing social distancing. Dry cleaners are essential businesses? I'll bet you $5 he has at least one relative who owns a dry cleaners. His STUPID brother, high risk due to him NOT practicing social distancing presumably due to his 'essential' job was still visiting HIS OWN ELDERLY MOTHER well after the crisis was underway! (Excuse given.... "she was bored and lonely!")
March 31st, 2020 at 12:06:04 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
https://buffalonews.com/2020/03/31/at-ecmc-shaken-doctor-shares-lessons-from-the-covid-floor/

The above is from my hospital. It would be me had I not been lucky enough to retire in September. I trained him, and he has been my partner for 15 years. He is about the most stoic individual I know.

As I was typing this I got a text from my brother-in-law who is now officially COVID-19 positive. My sister's test is not back but it is just a moot point now. She was positive before him. They probably got it from their Med Student son who had it first (not tested though).
March 31st, 2020 at 12:13:45 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Don’t eff with Maddow...

Trump pledged to send the ships to NY and CA on March 18th. I watched Gov. Cuomo make the announcement.

"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo told reporters on Wednesday morning that Trump had pledged to send the 1,000-bed Navy hospital ship to New York City Harbor."

“The president, I spoke to this morning, he’s going to be making arrangements to send up this hospital ship, which is called [USNS] Comfort. It has about 1,000 rooms on it, it has operating rooms, and the president is going to dispatch the Comfort to us,” he said. “It will be in New York City Harbor. This will be, it’s an extraordinary step obviously, it’s literally a floating hospital which will add capacity, and the president said he would dispatch that immediately.”

The ships arrived in LA and NY this week.
March 31st, 2020 at 12:23:25 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Seems the new GOP line is “impeachment impeded Donny’s coronavirus response.”

Unfortunately:

1) That’s a tacit admission that Donny’s coronavirus response has been awful

2) The timeline does not support it

Quote:
2/6 Senate acquits Trump

2/26 “The 15 (people) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to 0”

2/28 “1 day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear”

2/28 “This is their new hoax”

3/12 “It’s going to go away”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 31st, 2020 at 12:40:10 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Tanko
Trump pledged to send the ships to NY and CA on March 18th. I watched Gov. Cuomo make the announcement.

"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo told reporters on Wednesday morning that Trump had pledged to send the 1,000-bed Navy hospital ship to New York City Harbor."

“The president, I spoke to this morning, he’s going to be making arrangements to send up this hospital ship, which is called [USNS] Comfort. It has about 1,000 rooms on it, it has operating rooms, and the president is going to dispatch the Comfort to us,” he said. “It will be in New York City Harbor. This will be, it’s an extraordinary step obviously, it’s literally a floating hospital which will add capacity, and the president said he would dispatch that immediately.”

The ships arrived in LA and NY this week.

Yes, on March 18th President Trump pledged to send the ships to NY and CA and it was reported here:

Trump says hospital ships heading into coronavirus battle, Navy says they're not ready yet

Quote:
President Donald Trump is sending in the Navy to battle the coronavirus crisis, specifically two massive hospital ships.

They’re in “tip top shape,” Trump said Wednesday, and will likely be launched “in the next week or so.":

then 2 days later on March 20th Rachael Madcow said the following:

Now today someone here posts an idiotic March 30th tweet from Rachael Madcow (which takes up almost a half page here) believing it somehow vindicates Rachael Madcow. LOL

Follow the timeline, actually listen to Madcow's words.

Must be terrible to be addicted to Madcow's "kool aid".
Let's go Brandon
March 31st, 2020 at 12:51:08 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Seems the new GOP line is “impeachment impeded Donny’s coronavirus response.”

Unfortunately:

1) That’s a tacit admission that Donny’s coronavirus response has been awful

2) The timeline does not support it

The timeline never supports any of their arguments. None of them. No timeline EXISTS that support anything that the MAGAts claim. Not Solyndra. Not Burisma. Not Hillary e-mails. Not Benghazi. Not impeachment. Not covid-19. Not FBI investigations into Trump campaign. I literally could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. None of what they claim is EVER backed up by actual facts and timeline of a situaiton. At least, that's the case over the last 10 years since they lost their minds with the election of Barack Obama.

And yes, our initial response to the virus was pathetic and we are paying the price with lives lost.

#thanksMAGAts
March 31st, 2020 at 1:01:32 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://thesaker.is/putin-visits-sars-cov-2-patients-in-biggest-covid19-center-in-russia/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW