No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 31st, 2020 at 6:16:35 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
I feel like more people would be staying at home if they saw this image of how the test for the virus is done:

They might...but would they feel more like going out after the new, quicker, and less invasive test becomes common?

There are too many people with no fear at all of this virus. Not even a reasonable fear of it.
March 31st, 2020 at 7:35:52 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I feel like more people would be staying at home if they saw this image of how the test for the virus is done:

In my previous life as a pain management doctor, I did this periodically. Patients tolerate it way better than that picture would imply!
Google "sphenopalatine ganglion block".
March 31st, 2020 at 8:06:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
Well, well, well, looks like President Trump was right again!!!!!

FDA issues emergency authorization of anti-malaria drug for coronavirus care

I wonder what all the naysayers and skeptics here and the lame-stream media are going to say now???

I wonder if the democrat governors of Nevada, New York and Michigan are going to rescind their executive orders which outlawed the prescribing of these medications for the treatment of the Chinese virus??? Maybe they would rather see infected patients in their states DIE, DIE, DIE than make use of medications touted by the President.

I’ll continue to listen to the experts, not Donny:

Quote:
Dr. Fauci on using chloroquine to fight coronavirus on CNN: "You have to hearken back to the facts. There is no definitive evidence that this works."

If it does end up working, great! But we don’t know yet. And Donny’s announcement was obviously premature and irresponsible.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 31st, 2020 at 8:18:52 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I wonder what all the naysayers and skeptics here and the lame-stream media are going to say now???

I wonder if the democrat governors of Nevada, New York and Michigan are going to rescind their executive orders which outlawed the prescribing of these medications for the treatment of the Chinese virus??? Maybe they would rather see infected patients in their states DIE, DIE, DIE than make use of medications touted by the President.

If it does end up working, great! But we don’t know yet. And Donny’s announcement was obviously premature and irresponsible.

I want the drug to work but anecdotal stories are meaningless
Kind of funny how rightwingers are suddenly chloroquine experts, desperate to support Trump on his hail Mary passes. Lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 31st, 2020 at 8:34:55 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined

Kind of funny how rightwingers are suddenly chloroquine experts, desperate to support Trump on his hail Mary passes. Lol

TP you are the one always touting that you want evidence and will make an informed decision based on that evidence. You are letting your dislike of Trump get in the way on this one. The drug is a known and well tested safe anti-viral drug. We have a viral pandemic and 100's if not 1000's of medical professionals have decided that we have nothing to lose since we have no treatments now let's give it a try. We will know very soon how effective it is, early results are somewhat promising but no magic bullet. Our problem is going to be ramping up production fast enough if it becomes a popular treatment . Already patients that are on the drug for HIV and other diseases are having trouble getting their on going prescriptions filled.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 31st, 2020 at 8:46:59 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
March 20

The USNS Mercy arrived at the Port of Los Angeles four days ago and is accepting patients.

The USNS Comfort arrived at NYC yesterday.
March 31st, 2020 at 8:53:15 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3

Quote:
Dr. Fauci on using chloroquine to fight coronavirus on CNN: "You have to hearken back to the facts. There is no definitive evidence that this works."

Quote: terapined

During an interview on Philadelphia’s AM 990 The Answer Radio:

Quote:
CHRIS STIGALL:If you’re a doctor listening to me right now and a patient with coronavirus feels like they want to try [Chloroquine] and you’re their doctor, you’re not Anthony Fauci the guy running the coronavirus task force, would you say ‘alright, we’ll give it a whirl’?

DR. ANTHONY FAUCI: Yeah, of course,...
Let's go Brandon
March 31st, 2020 at 9:05:19 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Just to get us all back to reality. Current deaths in NYC are 1550. If we call this a 2 week total and we average that number of deaths over the next year we would have another 1550 X 25 = 38,750 deaths or .2 of the population of metro NYC. In the whole state of NY 44,092 people died of heart disease alone in 2017.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 31st, 2020 at 9:19:15 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
March 20

The USNS Mercy arrived at the Port of Los Angeles four days ago and is accepting patients.

Don’t eff with Maddow, she’ll take you out at the knees!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 31st, 2020 at 9:27:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
March 20

I will take MSNBC (covered the virus early warning America) over Fox (ignored the virus early because protecting Trump more important then warning America) any day now.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"