No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 30th, 2020 at 8:12:00 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
Well, well, well, looks like President Trump was right again!!!!!

FDA issues emergency authorization of anti-malaria drug for coronavirus care

I wonder what all the naysayers and skeptics here and the lame-stream media are going to say now???

I wonder if the democrat governors of Nevada, New York and Michigan are going to rescind their executive orders which outlawed the prescribing of these medications for the treatment of the Chinese virus??? Maybe they would rather see infected patients in their states DIE, DIE, DIE than make use of medications touted by the President.

It appears you didn’t read the article you linked to.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 30th, 2020 at 8:17:54 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
"Mr. Ren, an outspoken property tycoon in Beijing, wrote in a scathing essay that China’s leader, Xi Jinping, was a power-hungry “clown.” He said the ruling Communist Party’s strict limits on free speech had exacerbated the coronavirus epidemic.

Now Mr. Ren, one of the most prominent critics of Mr. Xi in mainland China, is missing, his friends said on Saturday."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/world/asia/china-ren-zhiqiang.html

"Chinese laboratories identified a mystery virus as a highly infectious new pathogen by late December last year, but they were ordered to stop tests, destroy samples and suppress the news, a Chinese media outlet has revealed."

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/coronavirus-crisis-caused-by-decisions-chinese-government/

People disappearing, placed under house arrest, etc. China is lying about their numbers. The press should spend about at least a small percentage of the effort they do on the handling of the outbreak here in the US on the handling of it around the world. Aren't they supposed to seek the truth?
March 30th, 2020 at 8:25:22 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
The press should spend about at least a small percentage of the effort they do on the handling of the outbreak here in the US on the handling of it around the world. Aren't they supposed to seek the truth?

They are. China doesn’t like it.

China to restrict US journalists from three major newspapers
March 30th, 2020 at 8:37:30 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
This Johns Hopkins site shows the number of recovered cases, something which is lacking from much of the media coverage.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/?fbclid=IwAR1-XxWcuLMhNYwMZDvbE1I4ofIMvIS03fzIJarx3a2-NVSiGTcL7kZnqa8

on the interactive map, you can click on a country on the left to get just the numbers of that country, or an area on the map.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 30th, 2020 at 8:40:44 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
It appears you didn’t read the article you linked to.

Which part of the article didn't I read?
Maybe this one?
Quote:
The Food and Drug Administration on Sunday issued an emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, decades-old malaria drugs championed by President Donald Trump for coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence.

or maybe this one:
Quote:
The agency allowed for the drugs to be "donated to the Strategic National Stockpile to be distributed and prescribed by doctors to hospitalized teen and adult patients with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible," HHS said in a statement,...

Of course the article I linked to desires to "downplay" the FDA's authorization, it is from Political after all. I could have easily linked to more "conservative" sites but members here on the "left" here would just post their typical snarky responses.

Maybe you would rather read an unbiased statement from HHS:

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/03/29/hhs-accepts-donations-of-medicine-to-strategic-national-stockpile-as-possible-treatments-for-covid-19-patients.html
Let's go Brandon
March 30th, 2020 at 8:46:15 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: fleaswatter
Which part of the article didn't I read?
Maybe this one?

or maybe this one:

Of course the article I linked to desires to "downplay" the FDA's authorization, it is from Political after all. I could have easily linked to more "conservative" sites but members here on the "left" here would just post their typical snarky responses.

Maybe you would rather read an unbiased statement from HHS:

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/03/29/hhs-accepts-donations-of-medicine-to-strategic-national-stockpile-as-possible-treatments-for-covid-19-patients.html

I see nothing in any of these articles saying Donny was “right again!!!”
March 30th, 2020 at 8:53:49 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288

There is very little reporting of it and not a lot of editorial comment condemning China. I have seen some of it, but it really equals a very time effort overall. We know (and always have) that China desires any negatives to be hidden.
March 30th, 2020 at 8:55:46 AM permalink
RonC
I am watching the Comfort docking speeches. I have no problem with there being a few welcoming remarks. I just wonder if all of these events (including the ones at the White House would be better done with more social distancing and cleaning the podium area between users when it is shared...
March 30th, 2020 at 11:25:26 AM permalink
RonC
Did my weekly grocery run today. This is a huge change for us; we regularly stopped by the grocery store several times a week because we needed this or that. I did one run a couple of weeks ago and bought mostly stuff others were not after (they were busy looking for water, toilet paper, and the other hoarded stuff) to round out our overall supplies. The idea was to reduce our visits to once a week or longer. I am shooting for 8-9 days between visits.

The stocking levels were up from the past two visits, with restrictions on water purchases lifted. Paper towels were in good supply. Still no hand sanitizer and short supplies in toilet paper.

Overall, there will also less family units shopping that I saw last week when I was out. That is a good thing. The staff did their best to stay away from you if they weren't behind the plexiglass.

Hopefully, folks will stay committed to social distancing....
March 30th, 2020 at 11:43:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
Did my weekly grocery run today. This is a huge change for us; we regularly stopped by the grocery store several times a week because we needed this or that. I did one run a couple of weeks ago and bought mostly stuff others were not after (they were busy looking for water, toilet paper, and the other hoarded stuff) to round out our overall supplies. The idea was to reduce our visits to once a week or longer. I am shooting for 8-9 days between visits.

The stocking levels were up from the past two visits, with restrictions on water purchases lifted. Paper towels were in good supply. Still no hand sanitizer and short supplies in toilet paper.

Overall, there will also less family units shopping that I saw last week when I was out. That is a good thing. The staff did their best to stay away from you if they weren't behind the plexiglass.

Hopefully, folks will stay committed to social distancing....

From what I have seen the grocery stores have "settled" into what is now a pattern. The initial surge is over so other than some empty SKUs the stock is normal. People are seeing what is normal to survive on and not going nuts. And of course some unfortunates cannot afford to hoard.
I used to make it a game to see how many days I could go without going to the grocery store, which is not as easy as it sounds. I am now mostly living out of the pantry.
The President is a fink.