1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 30th, 2020 at 4:56:42 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Quote: ams288
Quote: AZDuffman
Hillary Clinton under fire for joke about US leading in virus cases: Trump 'did promise America First'

I said after the election the real reason not to vote for this woman is because she is an awful human being. She proves it once again.

lol... when Donny tries to trigger the opposite side on Twitter the righties love it. When Hillary does the same thing.... well, just look at their reaction.

It was a poor joke.

Why won't you admit it?

What is she doing to help?

Who cares? She’s a private citizen, free to make all the poor jokes she wants.

Maybe you should redirect your outrage at Donny and all the lives he cost with his delayed response to the pandemic....

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 30th, 2020 at 5:10:57 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Hillary Clinton under fire for joke about US leading in virus cases: Trump 'did promise America First'

I said after the election the real reason not to vote for this woman is because she is an awful human being. She proves it once again.

lol... when Donny tries to trigger the opposite side on Twitter the righties love it. When Hillary does the same thing.... well, just look at their reaction.

It was a poor joke.

Why won't you admit it?

Who cares? She’s a private citizen, free to make all the poor jokes she wants.

Maybe you should redirect your outrage at Donny and all the lives he cost with his delayed response to the pandemic....

...I have called him out. I wasn't one of the ones complaining about the travel ban on China, either.

Putting it in big type is unnecessary and useless. Kind of childish.
March 30th, 2020 at 5:14:48 AM permalink
ams288
Putting it in big type is unnecessary and useless. Kind of childish.

lol

I just copied and pasted a screenshot from Twitter (which you should have noticed when you quoted my post). I had nothing to do with the font size.

You’re so easily triggered by nothing.
March 30th, 2020 at 5:22:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

It was a poor joke.

Why won't you admit it?

Thank you!

Quite honestly, I do not think "poor joke" or "poor taste" begins to cover it. I think it shows both how sick she is and how sick anyone defending it is.

What's next? Saying that it is a good thing for people looking for apartments in SF/NYC because so many people will die there?

Lefties showing who there are. We all need to remember who they are.
The President is a fink.
March 30th, 2020 at 5:51:25 AM permalink
ams288
What's next? Saying that it is a good thing for people looking for apartments in SF/NYC because so many people will die there?

Lefties showing who there are. We all need to remember who they are.

Hmmm.....

So you think Shrek is a leftie??

Quote: Shrek
Can we send that virus to San Francisco, New York, LA, and every other libbie infested city? 😂😂
March 30th, 2020 at 6:12:01 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Are these things accounted for in any of the numbers being used:

--the number of flu deaths is not nearly what it could be per year based on the fact that a vaccine prevents many cases of it each year.

--is every death that shows a positive Covad-19 test being shown as a death due to "complications of Covad-19"...in other words, are some deaths being wrongly attributed when other causes, not exacerbated by Covid-19, may have caused the death?

There are still too many people dying, of course. I still see family outings to the grocery store. The more people who go from one family unit, the more chances of one of them being infected on the trip. My wife saw people out playing soccer yesterday...that isn't as close contact as basketball, but it does have a lot of close contact. They were also arriving in cars with 4-5 people appearing to be from different families in them.

I don't think everyone truly gets "social distancing"...

I agree with your points and that social distancing needs to continue.

I think this will end up worse than a typical flu year, even with the measures that are being taken. I guess my issue is when people bring up the number of covid 19 deaths now and compare that to a typical flu season. This isn't over yet, and it is nice to see Trump in particular emphasising the need for public safety by advising the continuation of social distancing beyond the Easter date he set for getting things going again.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 30th, 2020 at 7:07:15 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Wondering if SOOPOO has heard any similar descriptions from colleagues on how Covid19 patients are dying.
"Can appear to be stable, and then rather suddenly desaturate and die." I assume those are the ventilator patients.

Let me explain 'ventilator patients' first. If someone comes in to the hospital with respiratory distress, doctors have a bunch of things to evaluate before deciding to intubate a patient, and thus put them on a mechanical ventilator.
1. How does the patient look? Is the patient complaining of difficulty breathing? Importantly, how much WORK is the patient putting in to breathing? I've many times in my career been called to evaluate a patient, working very hard to breathe, whose oxygen level is ok, whose CO2 level is ok, but I could tell that the patient would not be able to sustain the effort to keep breathing that hard. I'd say to the consulting doctor that if we don't intubate now we will in an hour or two.
2. Oxygen level---- if the lungs are not able to absorb oxygen at a sufficient amount, the ventilator can apply 'positive pressure' to 'squeeze more oxygen into the blood. If really bad, the ventilator can also apply positive pressure continuously not just with every actual breath it delivers. (Google PEEP)
3. CO2 level, and thus pH (acidity) are important factors. If you are not ventilating enough, the lungs don't get rid of the CO2 your body produces, and your blood becomes acidotic. Acidosis affects all your organs negatively. If you combine low O2, and high CO2, its a bad scene.

I'd say the "appear to be stable and then rather suddenly desaturate and die" would be an extremely rare situation. If someone is not dead already, meaning they were struggling to breathe when I was called, after intubation there would always be an improvement, at least temporarily. If the disease continues to accelerate the inability of the lungs to oxygenate and ventilate.... which is what causes most of the deaths..... But I'd be surprised if "suddenly" means minutes, not hours.

I have NO knowledge of specific deaths, but if there is some difficulty and/or delay in getting the breathing tube in, that could make the death more 'sudden'.

Remember, also, that there will be patients on the brink of getting a heart attack that now get COVID. Just a small decrease in oxygen level could cause the heart attack. To answer RonC, yes, that will be listed as a COVID death. Someone on home oxygen before this pandemic gets COVID and dies pretty quickly, will be a COVID death. The person probably was DNR and any minor lung issue would be enough to end his life.

I forgot to mention this, but some patients not doing well, but not bad enough to need to be intubated, basically can be helped by the equivalent of a CPAP machine that helps sleep apnea patients. The technique will likely save thousands of people from needing to be intubated.
March 30th, 2020 at 7:59:37 AM permalink
RonC
lol

I just copied and pasted a screenshot from Twitter (which you should have noticed when you quoted my post). I had nothing to do with the font size.

You’re so easily triggered by nothing.

I am human enough to apologize if I was mistaken about why it was in large font. If you cared, I would tell you that I find extraneous large font, copying of long posts/threads over and over, etc. annoying and, in a case where you had done it on purpose, childish.

"Triggered" and "gaslighting" are words you overuse...to be "triggered" I'd actually have to care about what you think. I don't. Just because I reply to any of your posts doesn't mean that I haven't forgotten about it in a few seconds.
March 30th, 2020 at 8:01:01 AM permalink
RonC
The USNS Comfort is arriving weeks ahead of schedule. That is good news.
March 30th, 2020 at 8:05:27 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Well, well, well, looks like President Trump was right again!!!!!

FDA issues emergency authorization of anti-malaria drug for coronavirus care

I wonder what all the naysayers and skeptics here and the lame-stream media are going to say now???

I wonder if the democrat governors of Nevada, New York and Michigan are going to rescind their executive orders which outlawed the prescribing of these medications for the treatment of the Chinese virus??? Maybe they would rather see infected patients in their states DIE, DIE, DIE than make use of medications touted by the President.
Let's go Brandon