Saint John Henry Newman

October 21st, 2019 at 3:34:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

There had been homosexuality for generations in the military anyway, ("it's not gay if its underway", "its not gay if deployed"..... etc.... the premise being when women were not around for months-years, men tended to have sex with each other's when bored, even "straight" men....) Of course now with being able to be open, and women serving pretty much everywhere now, the dynamics are changing (for the better in my view)....

News flash: straight men do not have sex with each other when they are bored. Ever. If they do, they are not straight.

And it is NOT a good thing. Sex within a unit causes problems, a reason gays were barred in the first place.
The President is a fink.
October 21st, 2019 at 4:18:27 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
News flash: straight men do not have sex with each other when they are bored. Ever. If they do, they are not straight.

And it is NOT a good thing. Sex within a unit causes problems, a reason gays were barred in the first place.

You realize straight men and women have sex too (probably more often since it is more acceptable).

Should all women be banned so straight men don't get tempted? That would be absurd.
October 21st, 2019 at 4:21:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
You realize straight men and women have sex too (probably more often since it is more acceptable).

Should all women be banned so straight men don't get tempted? That would be absurd.

Women should be banned from combat units. People in a sexual relationship are bad for unit cohesion.
The President is a fink.
October 21st, 2019 at 5:18:10 PM permalink
Gandler
Women should be banned from combat units. People in a sexual relationship are bad for unit cohesion.

https://mwi.usma.edu/women-arent-problem-standards/

As long as standards are the same (and in the Army they are Age and Gender neutral now), I see no problem.
October 21st, 2019 at 6:15:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

As long as standards are the same (and in the Army they are Age and Gender neutral now), I see no problem.

One of the things that helped crush the gay ban, was that there were so many service members that had military service records as good or better than all the straight people and had simply been discharged through self-admission, or some "outing" that had no disciplinary purpose but to expose their sex life.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 22nd, 2019 at 4:28:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman

You need to think more in reality and not "book thinking." Need to see how men and women interact in the real world.
The President is a fink.
October 22nd, 2019 at 5:39:25 AM permalink
Gandler
You need to think more in reality and not "book thinking." Need to see how men and women interact in the real world.

I know how men and women interact in the real world, it's how most adults interact in the real world.
October 22nd, 2019 at 5:47:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I know how men and women interact in the real world, it's how most adults interact in the real world.

Good, then you should see why women do not belong in combat units.
The President is a fink.
October 22nd, 2019 at 5:49:42 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I agree
I have worked in offices where men and women work together
I see no issues.
If there is an issue, its due to an individual, not due to men and women working together
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 22nd, 2019 at 5:05:11 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: terapined
I agree
I have worked in offices where men and women work together
I see no issues.
If there is an issue, its due to an individual, not due to men and women working together

I don't understand the attitude that some hold where they think women are an automatic liability just by being there. It seems so archaic to me.