Tulsi Gabbard

October 25th, 2019 at 7:28:04 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
I don't know Jill Stein. Maybe Putin approves of whatever she is doing.
The article I posted is about the house race and Kai Kalele raising a lot of money to beat Tulsi in a primary

I think any house Rep running for President is a publicity whore. Man or Woman.
To me its like the school janitor demanding to be considered for Principal
Win at least a state wide race and get back to me and I might consider you for my presidential vote

Jill Stein was (and possibly again) the Green Party Canidate (Medical Doctor) and very pro environment and natural healing. She has almost no foreign policy, which makes her being a Russian stooge laughable.....

You are comparing appointed positions (Principle) to elected positions. School Boards (generally) appoint Principles (they are elected by locals), nobody demands to be Principle (though if a Janitor was taking classes to get the requires certifications, he/she would have any right to apply for consideration).... However, elected positions are basically just a popularity contest, qualifications are far less relevant.

I would argue Tulsi is one of the more qualified people running.
October 25th, 2019 at 7:35:55 AM permalink
Gandler
Tulsi has been snubbed by Democrats since 2016 when was a Vice Chair on the DNC she was critical of the debate structure and how it favored Clinton. Since then she has had a target on her back and the DNC has been out for blood (especially after Clinton lost and Bernie probably would have won....)

She has pretty much been disinvited as a DNC chair after honest public critiques of the debates and structure of the 2016 primaries which were obviously designed to secure Clinton the nomination.

Now Clinton is once again using the DNC to lash out at her. This should be clear that the DNC does not like her.

I am liberal, but the DNC has a lot of levels of corruption and vested interests, if you cannot see this, you don't understand politicts. I honestly prefer the structure for the RNC from a purely structurally standpoint. The DNC is designed to favor establishment canidates.
October 25th, 2019 at 7:38:04 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Gandler
What do you hate about her?

Drug legalization?

Universal Healthcare?

Education Reform?

The fact that she is a female Officer?

If you don't care about foreign policy why do you even care about imagined Russian conspiracies (which clearly don't exist?

You provide no logic, you just call her a Russian asset and then go on to say you don't care about foreign policy?

There about 15 other Dem candidates who *aren't* crazy that have better positions on all of those issues you've mentioned than Tulsi.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 25th, 2019 at 7:38:27 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Jill Stein was (and possibly again) the Green Party Canidate (Medical Doctor) and very pro environment and natural healing. She has almost no foreign policy, which makes her being a Russian stooge laughable.....

Regardless, I'm sure Putin approves

You are comparing appointed positions (Principle) to elected positions. School Boards (generally) appoint Principles (they are elected by locals), nobody demands to be Principle (though if a Janitor was taking classes to get the requires certifications, he/she would have any right to apply for consideration).... However, elected positions are basically just a popularity contest, qualifications are far less relevant.

The point I was making was that she needs to take steps to run for President
Winning a tiny district is step 1. Step 2 is winning state wide office which she is skipping
Its just a massive jump from winning a tiny district to winning a Presidential election

I would argue Tulsi is one of the more qualified people running.

Doesn't really have much to do with winning a Presidential election
I consider Trump one of the most unqualified and he won
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 25th, 2019 at 9:39:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I honestly prefer the structure for the RNC from a purely structurally standpoint. The DNC is designed to favor establishment canidates.

The structure which picked Trump? I’ll pass.

OTOH , I’m fairly neutral on Tulsi.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 25th, 2019 at 9:51:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I am liberal, but the DNC has a lot of levels of corruption and vested interests, if you cannot see this, you don't understand politicts. I honestly prefer the structure for the RNC from a purely structurally standpoint. The DNC is designed to favor establishment canidates.

The DNC needs to clean up the superdelegate thing. The supers are supposed to keep the party from nominating nut cases like in and because of 1972. They have become how to fix the election, unless a candidate wins nearly 70% of the primary vote the supers will likely still be able to swing things.

Then throw in the proportional take of delegates from primaries. Though if not for the supers there is a real chance of a floor fight some election soon.

The downside is the RNC process leans very heavy to giving it to who's "turn" it is to run and hope for the best. Trump is the only person to beat that system since primaries were invented.
The President is a fink.
October 25th, 2019 at 10:33:32 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: rxwine
The structure which picked Trump? I’ll pass.

OTOH , I’m fairly neutral on Tulsi.

The structure which does not rig debates and does not rig elections (Super Delegates who vote as told)....

Also, as you can see the structure which punishes people (Tulsi) who speak out against insider corruption (this happened long before she was planning to run, so it has nothing to do with her campaign, this is when she was a vice chair.....)

So yes the structure which picked Trump because that is who their voters wanted...

The DNC is designed to make it impossible for Trumps (outsiders) to win a nomination. Look at what happened to Bernie last go around (Which is what got Tulsi in trouble when she publicly criticized party managers and she has been the black sheep ever since....) We not like Trump, but it is a far better system if outsiders have fair odds....
October 25th, 2019 at 10:36:43 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
The DNC needs to clean up the superdelegate thing. The supers are supposed to keep the party from nominating nut cases like in and because of 1972. They have become how to fix the election, unless a candidate wins nearly 70% of the primary vote the supers will likely still be able to swing things.

Then throw in the proportional take of delegates from primaries. Though if not for the supers there is a real chance of a floor fight some election soon.

The downside is the RNC process leans very heavy to giving it to who's "turn" it is to run and hope for the best. Trump is the only person to beat that system since primaries were invented.

Exactly. Tulsi actually spoke out against this years ago, when she was vice chair, and has been a black sheep ever since.

That is why all of the party loyalists who do what the DNC instructs bash her as a Russian asset without clearly knowing anything about her.....
October 25th, 2019 at 10:48:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The structure which does not rig debates and does not rig elections (Super Delegates who vote as told)....

Also, as you can see the structure which punishes people (Tulsi) who speak out against insider corruption (this happened long before she was planning to run, so it has nothing to do with her campaign, this is when she was a vice chair.....)

So yes the structure which picked Trump because that is who their voters wanted...

The DNC is designed to make it impossible for Trumps (outsiders) to win a nomination. Look at what happened to Bernie last go around (Which is what got Tulsi in trouble when she publicly criticized party managers and she has been the black sheep ever since....) We not like Trump, but it is a far better system if outsiders have fair odds....

Trump was an extremely high profile outsider. He is not a good example of just anyone being able to break through. In fact, he’s probably the worst example ever of an ordinary person breaking through the establishment. His profile was higher than 98% of elected politicians. He spent decades sticking himself in the spotlight.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 25th, 2019 at 10:58:23 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: rxwine
Trump was an extremely high profile outsider. He is not a good example of just anyone being able to break through. In fact, he’s probably the worst example ever of an ordinary person breaking through the establishment. His profile was higher than 98% of elected politicians. He spent decades sticking himself in the spotlight.

The point still stands.

Andrew Yang is an equivlant, outsider businessman who has a lot of buisness connections and some media exposure (granted not the decades of TV shows and publicity stunts that Trump has spent his life doing).

Trump is unique, because his buisness is literally his name/brand, everyone knows Trump for decades. Whether you like him or hate him, the name automatically connects to hotels and properties.