Tulsi Gabbard

October 25th, 2019 at 11:05:02 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Of women that have served in the armed forces
I'd take Tammy Duckworth over Tulsi any day
I have a tremendous amount of respect for Tammy
Unlike no chance to be President Tulsi, Tammy has won a statewide election
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 25th, 2019 at 11:15:19 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Hillary wiped the floor with Bernie in 2016, beating him by almost 4 million. By contrast, Obama beat Hillary in 2008 by 40k.

This idea that the DNC rigged the election for Hillary is absurd. You can't fix 4 million votes. Just like you can't bus 3 million illegal immigrants into California without Twitter knowing about it. A little bias? Maybe. Uniting behind a candidate to avoid a bruising race? Probably. Completely rigged? No.
October 25th, 2019 at 11:21:51 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Tripdufan
Hillary wiped the floor with Bernie in 2016, beating him by almost 4 million. By contrast, Obama beat Hillary in 2008 by 40k.

This idea that the DNC rigged the election for Hillary is absurd. You can't fix 4 million votes. Just like you can't bus 3 million illegal immigrants into California without Twitter knowing about it. A little bias? Maybe. Uniting behind a candidate to avoid a bruising race? Probably. Completely rigged? No.

Agree
If it was rigged
No way Obama beats Clinton
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 25th, 2019 at 11:23:24 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
Of women that have served in the armed forces
I'd take Tammy Duckworth over Tulsi any day
I have a tremendous amount of respect for Tammy
Unlike no chance to be President Tulsi, Tammy has won a statewide election

I like Colonel Duckworth.

But, compare their websites...

Gabbard has vast details on policy standpoints, and the data of her votes and proposed legislation she has been working on for each.

Duckworth has vague talking points under each category....

What policy do you like from her?
I am guessing you cannot name one, since they are so hard to find..... She mostly just goes along with the mainstream, does not have an impressive list of proposals and activist movements....
October 25th, 2019 at 11:32:07 AM permalink
Gandler

You realize Clinton got almost all of the Super Delagates?

Bernie got a hand full (less than 50....). Malloy got literally 1..... Clinton got well over 500....

And, in that election Super delegates accounted for 15% of delegates.

Super delegates were not at all in line with the popular vote. If so Sanders should have received over 45% (popular vote) of the Super delegate votes.....

This is how the system is rigged, 15% can swing any election.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/02/ex-dnc-chair-goes-at-the-clintons-alleging-hillarys-campaign-hijacked-dnc-during-primary-with-bernie-sanders/%3foutputType=amp

Even Warren and Brazille were speaking out in 2017 (after Tulsi started the trend).... This is not a far out opinion... There are many people who do not like the structure...
October 25th, 2019 at 11:53:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Also, another memo about Trump. Getting what is likely a corrupt outsider is no testament for getting outsiders.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 25th, 2019 at 12:06:22 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Gandler

What policy do you like from her?

Simply the content of her character
I'm impressed
Incredible resume
Take Kris Kristofferson
I'm impressed
Incredible resume. Helicopter pilot like Tammy. We was ready to teach at West Point but decided he wanted to be a songwriter instead
October 25th, 2019 at 12:21:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
We'll see what Buttigieg says about the process after it's over. He is the closest thing to this race's unknown on the Democratic side. And he has managed to work his way into top 3 or 4 consistently. I don't think anyone is handing it to him. He's clear and concise and still driving support fairly consistently.

edit -- should qualify, he is the closest thing to this race's unknown who has busted through as a front runner.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 25th, 2019 at 12:22:33 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: rxwine
We'll see what Buttigieg says about the process after it's over. He is the closest thing to this race's unknown on the Democratic side. And he has managed to work his way into top 3 or 4 consistently. I don't think anyone is handing it to him. He's clear and concise and still driving support fairly consistently.

He is a pretty solid canidate.

But, by your guys' logic, the only election he ever one was Mayor....
October 25th, 2019 at 12:52:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

What is absurd is not understanding what "rigged" means. They set the debates for times nobody would be watching. The had the superdelegates locked up for her. They out and out admitted this. They basically cleared the field for her same as they did when she ran for Senate, except Bernie would not fall into line.
The President is a fink.