The Gay Thread

September 14th, 2019 at 2:15:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: KNathan
You have a good point, but there are 13 year olds who would just shoot ISIS Members to avenge their parents death.

The only good ISIS member is a dead one.
The President is a fink.
September 14th, 2019 at 2:31:07 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: fleaswatter
I disagree with this being "allowable" or "acceptable".

I agree, and you've demonstrated the problem fully.

You are right that such a post would result in a ban. If we pretend a moment that you did say it, I would judge that there's no external reason for that thought to exist, ie. it's not a meme or a common joke or anything else that could have engendered or otherwise caused that particular thought to be there, leaving the only reason for posting as an attempt to incite or rile, given that it's specific to a poster.

However, pretty much the same type incident could happen, and based on my judgement alone, there's a good chance it would slide free and clear. Robert Francis just threatened the American public. I'm pretty sure there's folks here who align with his idea, right down to the door-to-door knocking. With my opinion that it is an act of aggression that STARTS with armed conflict and can only proceed to armed combat, I hold that any such person engaging in said act be met with the use of force including threat of death, no different than any other gang banger attempting to steal your guns. With that fresh in the news, and my understanding of "right", a post such as "Democrats are dangerous and need to be exterminated" would likely skate right by. Because of what's in the forefront of the public's awareness, I might judge it's an expression against, and a riposte to, the public figures involved, and not a threat or insult directed to a member, even if the member's opinion mirrored the public figure identically.

You see? It's all a ton of effort that results in not one thing more than one kid's opinion on the matter, and not a bit of it is expressible in an edict or set of rules. It's either control one's self, or put your faith on it being one of the 10 or so days a year I have my s#$% together lol.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 14th, 2019 at 2:53:53 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
5 pages of thread hijack.
September 14th, 2019 at 3:09:29 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Let me clarify some site policy myself. The rules are basically the same as at WoV, except discussion is allowed on touchy subjects, like politics, religion, and sexuality. Personal insults are still not allowed. As a reminder, one can insult a general group of people as long as it doesn't encompass every member of the group or there are no forum members in the group. No insults of specific forum members. That said, let me address Face's comments.

Quote: Face
Case in point, we're throttling it already. After discussion, generalizations are back to "allowable". "Not all Republicans are racists, but all racists are Republicans" would be an example of acceptable.

This is true.

Quote:
"Republicans are racist", counter to what I stated yesterday, is now back to acceptable. "All Republicans are racist" is not, as it would be inclusive to members here.

This is true also. I interpret "Republicans are racist" to be a generalization, which may not apply to all of them. However, throw the word "all" in there and you've got a personal insult as long as there is at least one Republican forum member.

Quote:
"Donald Trump is racist" is allowed, as while specific, he is not a member. "Shrek is a racist" is not, as it's specific and to a member.

Yep. Again, it depends on whether the victim is a forum member or not.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 14th, 2019 at 6:18:10 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
About the issue of birth control not being prescribed to underaged Minors without parental consent, I think that should be thrown out the window. Lots of underaged kids without birth control have sex and end up parents at an age when they should be focusing on school and not changing diapers of their babies. Many teens will NOT bring a parent to a doctor for birth control parents, especially Christian teens with Christian parents fearing that they will be spanked by their parents for having premarital and underaged sex, and God literally help them if they end up pregnant. Giving birth control to teens without parental permission is the way to go. And condoms and spermicide for that matter too.
September 15th, 2019 at 11:04:04 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: DRich
I think many people would consider this blond picture of her beautiful.

Actually she looks like a total tomboy here.
Like one of those thick lesbian soccer players. No thanks. 🤢
September 16th, 2019 at 1:01:33 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Shrek

She looks like a guy in drag. Looks
vary mannish as a blond.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 16th, 2019 at 2:26:48 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: Evenbob
Quote: Shrek

She looks like a guy in drag. Looks
vary mannish as a blond.

I was thinking something along the lines of what you said. I think she looks like a Transgender in the blond picture. Nowadays she looks like a biological woman with very short hair. In the blond picture she looks like a biological man who became a woman when he got older.
September 16th, 2019 at 7:00:50 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I will admit I was wrong. I can see someone looking at the blond long haired version and using the word beautiful. Both my ex and present wives have long blond hair, not to imply I am shallow or anything.....
September 16th, 2019 at 11:37:47 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
I will admit I was wrong. I can see someone looking at the blond long haired version and using the word beautiful. Both my ex and present wives have long blond hair, not to imply I am shallow or anything.....

SooPoo, what is wrong with you? Nobody that partakes in these threads ever admits being wrong. I am not sure that you will continue to be welcomed here. If nothing else, you will have lost the respect of lots of these lunatics.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.