The Gay Thread

September 28th, 2019 at 3:35:25 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
The question is do employees have the right to dismiss someone acting like a flaming fruitcake who keeps discussing their sexual preference when it disrupts the business. They should. They should also be allowed to not have gays involved in any way that could be intimate when you would ban a straight person from opposite sex interactions.

That would qualify as sexual harrassment if somebody is making continued unwanted advances, there are already rules protecting against such behavior. (Straight men get prosecuted far more often for workplace sexual misconduct....)
September 28th, 2019 at 4:27:46 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
That would qualify as sexual harrassment if somebody is making continued unwanted advances, there are already rules protecting against such behavior. (Straight men get prosecuted far more often for workplace sexual misconduct....)

Not what I am talking about. Talking about being disruptive. Dressing and acting in a flaming way. A guy bragging about how many guys he let have him at the bathhouse. A guy “identifying” as a woman and wanting to wear a dress. These kinds of things.
The President is a fink.
September 28th, 2019 at 4:43:28 PM permalink
Gandler
Not what I am talking about. Talking about being disruptive. Dressing and acting in a flaming way. A guy bragging about how many guys he let have him at the bathhouse. A guy “identifying” as a woman and wanting to wear a dress. These kinds of things.

What is "dressing in a flaming way"?

I have heard endlessly about straight sex in every job I have ever had back to when I was 14..... The idea that gay men are the only ones who talk about sex at work is absurd.... But, I do agree that it is unprofessional on both fronts...

If somebody is being disruptive they can be fired, as long as the behavior is equally frowned upon (meaning somebody would get fired for talking about straight sex).
September 28th, 2019 at 5:42:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I have heard endlessly about straight sex in every job I have ever had back to when I was 14..... The idea that gay men are the only ones who talk about sex at work is absurd.... But, I do agree that it is unprofessional on both fronts...

If somebody is being disruptive they can be fired, as long as the behavior is equally frowned upon (meaning somebody would get fired for talking about straight sex).

I've worked with a lot of gays
Great people to work with
Salt of the Earth
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 28th, 2019 at 5:49:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Not meeting dress code for your sex male or female.

If you give special protection to gays they can claim the behavior is because they were gay. Or just make a lawsuit saying they were really let go because they were gay not because they were disruptive. We already have enough people hiding behind being in some kind of minority class we don’t need more.
The President is a fink.
September 28th, 2019 at 6:00:08 PM permalink
Gandler
Not meeting dress code for your sex male or female.

If you give special protection to gays they can claim the behavior is because they were gay. Or just make a lawsuit saying they were really let go because they were gay not because they were disruptive. We already have enough people hiding behind being in some kind of minority class we don’t need more.

Not meeting the dress code for a gender is not really a gay issue.

Firing somebody for their personal life and not being disruptive is.
September 28th, 2019 at 10:58:46 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Not meeting the dress code for a gender is not really a gay issue.

Firing somebody for their personal life and not being disruptive is.
Businesses should be able to fire whoever they want for whatever reason. Just like workers should be able to quit whenever they want for whatever reason. BUT I have a better solution to this problem: Business would be better off not hiring gays in the first place. Then they won't have to deal with all the problems that they cause. 👍
September 29th, 2019 at 3:25:47 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: Shrek
Businesses should be able to fire whoever they want for whatever reason. Just like workers should be able to quit whenever they want for whatever reason. BUT I have a better solution to this problem: Business would be better off not hiring gays in the first place. Then they won't have to deal with all the problems that they cause. 👍

Bad idea. Beyond bad idea. Catastrophic bad idea. Hurricane 5 type of bad idea. A business that doesn't hire gays would get Discrimination Lawsuits. Be blasted by Social Media and bad word of mouth anf be potentially shut down. The Equal Act is supposed to allow potential Employees to get hired regardless if they are Richard who loves his boyfriend William or William who loves his girlfriend Rachel.
September 29th, 2019 at 4:46:01 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: KNathan
Bad idea. Beyond bad idea. Catastrophic bad idea. Hurricane 5 type of bad idea. A business that doesn't hire gays would get Discrimination Lawsuits. Be blasted by Social Media and bad word of mouth anf be potentially shut down. The Equal Act is supposed to allow potential Employees to get hired regardless if they are Richard who loves his boyfriend William or William who loves his girlfriend Rachel.

This post has me convinced that what I said was correct. 😂😂😂
September 29th, 2019 at 4:47:41 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: Shrek
This post has me convinced that what I said was correct. 😂😂😂

The Equal Act disagrees with you.