I need you to come into work this weekend

March 13th, 2019 at 12:41:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades

Also, the last attorney that told the Boss they didn't want to work with the protege was fired

This is confusing because you call
him a protege, which is someone
who is brand new in a field and
knows zilch. Now we find he's a
partner and is bringing in clients
from another firm. So he must have
experience far above the protege
level.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 13th, 2019 at 1:40:20 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Evenbob
This is confusing because you call
him a protege, which is someone
who is brand new in a field and
knows zilch. Now we find he's a
partner and is bringing in clients
from another firm. So he must have
experience far above the protege
level.

He has been an attorney about 6-7 years
He got this job through strange means and was almost immediately made partner despite having hardly any experience
He showed up for his job interview with 5 rabbis and had these rabbis sit in on the job interview
The whole situation is very strange
I call him the protege because he is brand new compared to everyone else here who has been practicing at least 15 years each and, aside from getting clients via these 5 rabbis, doesn't know squat
March 13th, 2019 at 2:09:35 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
He has been an attorney about 6-7 years
He got this job through strange means and was almost immediately made partner despite having hardly any experience
He showed up for his job interview with 5 rabbis and had these rabbis sit in on the job interview
The whole situation is very strange
I call him the protege because he is brand new compared to everyone else here who has been practicing at least 15 years each and, aside from getting clients via these 5 rabbis, doesn't know squat
If the guy is that effed up, 3 rabbis should have been more than enough. This guy is bulletproof.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 13th, 2019 at 2:14:08 PM permalink
aceofspades
Protege is F'g with me -- he just saw me in the office hallway and called from his office that I "messed up the brief" -- I said, oh, what did I do this time? He replied that the version I emailed him had a typo, the client found it and that I embarrassed the firm -- one of the secretaries then called me over to her desk and showed me the email the client sent (that she was copied on) -- I looked at the typo she pointed out and it did not exist on the version I had emailed the protege -- however, the protege did boast to me that he finalized everything on the brief yesterday -- meaning, the typo was on his F'g update to the brief, not my original one but yet threw me under the bus in front of the whole office by screaming down the hallway (his voice carrying past the Big Boss's office as well for extra BS)

Something has got to give here - this is insanity!!!
March 13th, 2019 at 2:54:10 PM permalink
Evenbob

Something has got to give here - this is insanity!!!

Leave or kill yourself, you choose. Or kill
the protege.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 13th, 2019 at 3:05:17 PM permalink
aceofspades
Just emailed this

March 13th, 2019 at 3:07:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Just emailed this

You might not have to quit, it
might be done for you.
March 13th, 2019 at 3:10:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
He brings in clients but has not put one dime into the firm - therefore, no equity for him
Somehow he snowed the Big Boss into thinking putting his name on the door would mean a constant stream of clients from him - while he does bring in cases, they are always referred to him through his synagogue (is it possible he is the only attorney therein lol). -- apparently (and this was before I arrived here), the entire staff warned the Big Boss to not make the protege a name partner -- the Big Boss told them all to go suck it and reminded them of where the door was

What area of the law is this all dealing with?
The President is a fink.
March 13th, 2019 at 3:24:59 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Evenbob
You might not have to quit, it
might be done for you.

From that email?
March 13th, 2019 at 3:26:51 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: AZDuffman
What area of the law is this all dealing with?