March 11th, 2019 at 4:17:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
That's funny, right now I'm watching a
rerun of Modern Family where Mitchell's
lawyer boss wants him to work the
weekend and Mitch says no and the
boss fires him.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 11th, 2019 at 4:32:14 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: DRich
Why not just go to the owner and explain that you are not comfortable working for the protege and would he reconsider? Tell him if he won't reconsider you offering your two weeks notice that day.

Because that would be a fruitless endeavor -- Boss is controlled by protege and the last time someone complained about the protege they were fired
March 11th, 2019 at 4:32:34 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: petroglyph
Only but one thing to do Ace, grudge**ck his old lady.

That or you know he's got a mountain of insecurity to work off, and the wife expects to be the boss after her daddy buying the apartment. I'd rather live in my car than have to kiss the fil's ass every time we got together.

There's plenty to work with here Ace, just have to enjoy planting the seeds of his destruction. Maybe jokingly let his new wife know the reason he picked you is the protege knew you would keep quiet about all the women you guys been sharing at the office on weekends?

Ahhh if only fantasies could become reality
March 11th, 2019 at 4:32:49 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Evenbob
That's funny, right now I'm watching a
rerun of Modern Family where Mitchell's
lawyer boss wants him to work the
weekend and Mitch says no and the
boss fires him.

Sounds about right
March 11th, 2019 at 4:40:20 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: aceofspades
Ahhh if only fantasies could become reality
They do sometimes, but I usually fall asleep shortly after.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 11th, 2019 at 6:40:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
March 11th, 2019 at 6:42:43 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
March 11th, 2019 at 6:50:39 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Evenbob
So don't quit before you have another
job. Then give 2 weeks notice.

Pfft. Where's the theatre in that?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 11th, 2019 at 7:15:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Face
This is NY. That's felony-in-a-can.

Good thing I didn't suggest ricin.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 11th, 2019 at 7:35:35 PM permalink
aceofspades
I have only been at this firm 8 months - before that I worked for myself for 10 years - made a bad life decision which I thought was going to really put me over the top financially (and no, it was not going to Vegas and betting everything I had on a spin of the roulette wheel) - business got really bad and, to stay afloat and keep the dream alive, so to speak, I went through all my savings - then, in 2016-2018 things got progressively better for me and I was doing ok making enough on my own to pay my bills - then in early 2018 the phone stopped ringing and had no clients -- I ended up living on my credit cards and then began working at this firm - since working here I erased my credit card debt and my next paycheck will be one where I can finally begin to save - but this turn of events today really threw me for a loop
I just spoke to an attorney friend of mine from California who handles the who's who of A-list sports and entertainment divorces and she told me she hasn't heard me this low since the "bad life decision" happened about 2010 -- she is going to reach out to a high profile NYC attorney tomorrow and tell him he needs to interview me -- also spoke to another friend I've known since kindergarten and he also said I do not sound as if I feel I have any light in my life -- he said he would usually not recommend anyone leaving position without something as a Plan B but he said he can hear in my voice I am mentally going downhill and reminded me that I built myself to great heights previously and he had faith in me I could do it again -- I guess I really didn't know how bad I sounded until I spoke to these two friends this evening
I feel like I am experiencing a low-level panic attack every waking hour -- and my sleep has suffered as well, over the past two months I am maybe getting 4 hours of sleep a night -- this cannot keep up

PS--Just spoke with another attorney friend of mine from Cali (who is semi-retired now after battling cancer) -- he said the same thing my other friends said - he told me from his perspective, having been dealign with cancer, is that life is too short to work someplace where you feel anxious all day/night -- I then mentioned the attorney from earlier in this post and it turns out they are friends -- I have known them both for 10 years and had no idea they were friends -- such a small world
Page 3 of 76<123456>Last »