I need you to come into work this weekend

March 13th, 2019 at 10:12:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Why would he have you be under
some new kid, I don't get that part
of it.

You've never been in a place where someone young is being groomed?
The President is a fink.
March 13th, 2019 at 10:43:51 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: petroglyph
Well then, there's still that other thing.

My commute..?
March 13th, 2019 at 11:04:52 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
You've never been in a place where someone young is being groomed?

So he was under you or over you.
I got the impression he was the
one calling the shots. He told
you the thing you wrote over
the weekend wasn't good enough
for him.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 13th, 2019 at 11:11:10 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Evenbob
So he was under you or over you.
I got the impression he was the
one calling the shots. He told
you the thing you wrote over
the weekend wasn't good enough
for him.

He is a name partner (but not an equity partner - which means his name is on the door but he does not share in the overall firm profits). -- however, he has some Svengali like control over the Big Boss and nobody can figure out why (although some have speculated)
March 13th, 2019 at 11:15:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: aceofspades
He is a name partner (but not an equity partner - which means his name is on the door but he does not share in the overall firm profits). -- however, he has some Svengali like control over the Big Boss and nobody can figure out why (although some have speculated)

Name but not equity? What is the benefit other than ego? I thought they would never put your name on the door unless you had a piece of the action?
The President is a fink.
March 13th, 2019 at 11:22:08 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
My commute..?
Grudgef**k. "Do on to others, and all that", it doesn't seem that protege deserves any peace.

"there is no greater pleasure, than lying on the soft bellies of your slain enemies wives and daughters" Genghis Khan
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 13th, 2019 at 11:26:58 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I have great news: the bookkeeper (who used to be a big fan of the protege) and the two legal secretaries (all three of these ladies have been here 20+ years each) all went into the Boss’s office yesterday to complain about the protege and told him that if any of them ever quit it would be because of the protege — they also told the Boss that I was very unhappy about being transferred to work exclusively with the protege (but that I would never tell the Boss that as I wouldn't throw someone under the bus like that) — well, apparently, the Boss listened and reversed course and took me away from the protege and back under his fold!!!! YES YES YES

If I was your boss, you would definitely lose some credibility in my book. Only a weak person would not be willing to approach their boss to try and solve the problem and to express their concerns.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 13th, 2019 at 11:38:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
If I was your boss, you would definitely lose some credibility in my book. Only a weak person would not be willing to approach their boss to try and solve the problem and to express their concerns.

Depends on who you're dealing with. Your previous experience with him and your own strengths and weaknesses. I wouldn't say universally you should use the same approach. Sun Tzu -- art of war or something.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 13th, 2019 at 12:28:41 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: AZDuffman
Name but not equity? What is the benefit other than ego? I thought they would never put your name on the door unless you had a piece of the action?

He brings in clients but has not put one dime into the firm - therefore, no equity for him
Somehow he snowed the Big Boss into thinking putting his name on the door would mean a constant stream of clients from him - while he does bring in cases, they are always referred to him through his synagogue (is it possible he is the only attorney therein lol). -- apparently (and this was before I arrived here), the entire staff warned the Big Boss to not make the protege a name partner -- the Big Boss told them all to go suck it and reminded them of where the door was
March 13th, 2019 at 12:30:10 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: DRich

I did not tell anyone to tell the Boss anything
Also, the last attorney that told the Boss they didn't want to work with the protege was fired
The legal secretaries - who have both been here 20+ years, hold a tremendous amount of power in this office -- they took it upon themselves to do what they did