I need you to come into work this weekend

March 13th, 2019 at 5:25:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: aceofspades
Money?
IDK, I believe that has been a quandary through the ages? Money is just another word for power which intrinsically, none of us really wants to be prey. So that's probably the truth of it?

So, **** this guy. Sounds like he isn't worth trying to save. These guys are everywhere, obviously he has issues. What's the key to getting rid of him? Do you think he really blackmailed the boss, and does the boss care that much about being exposed?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 13th, 2019 at 6:47:27 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I like a program on RT called America's Lawyer with Mike Papantonio. Sort of makes lawyers out to be good guys. You might like it?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 14th, 2019 at 5:47:44 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: petroglyph
IDK, I believe that has been a quandary through the ages? Money is just another word for power which intrinsically, none of us really wants to be prey. So that's probably the truth of it?

So, **** this guy. Sounds like he isn't worth trying to save. These guys are everywhere, obviously he has issues. What's the key to getting rid of him? Do you think he really blackmailed the boss, and does the boss care that much about being exposed?

Oh yes, the Boss is all about image/reputation
March 14th, 2019 at 5:47:52 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: petroglyph
I like a program on RT called America's Lawyer with Mike Papantonio. Sort of makes lawyers out to be good guys. You might like it?

Thanks for the tip
March 14th, 2019 at 7:52:06 AM permalink
aceofspades
OMG I am really going to lose mind - I was just in with the Boss and I reminded him that he told me last night that I would not have to work with the protege — he then stated he did not remember saying that and that he spoke with the protege last night who reminded him that he chose me for his "team" — meaning, it appears as if the roller coaster ride of yesterday (being told I would be working back with the Boss again - then the protege giving me new work - then my calling the Boss who reassured me I would be switched back to working with him) has once again started up — if the final (although who knows what is ever final around here) verdict today is that I will be working with the protege as my boss, I will likely put in my two week’s notice ASAP
March 14th, 2019 at 8:55:49 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I will likely put in my two week’s notice ASAP

Good move
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 14th, 2019 at 8:59:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I've been there--good luck.

I was looking for a video suggestion in how to go out but it might have been taken down.
The President is a fink.
March 14th, 2019 at 9:09:14 AM permalink
aceofspades
So, it seems as if the writing is on the wall -- the Boss just had me drop what I was doing for the protege (on papers that are due tomorrow) so I could draft an emergency (a true emergency) petition and go to court and file it -- halfway through, the Boss comes in and tells me the protege just called him and told him that I MUST complete his project before I am assigned to anything else
The Boss promptly told me to stop working on the emergency petition and email it to another attorney to complete and that I should go back to working on the protege's files
March 14th, 2019 at 9:13:59 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
So, it seems as if the writing is on the wall -- the Boss just had me drop what I was doing for the protege (on papers that are due tomorrow) so I could draft an emergency (a true emergency) petition and go to court and file it -- halfway through, the Boss comes in and tells me the protege just called him and told him that I MUST complete his project before I am assigned to anything else
The Boss promptly told me to stop working on the emergency petition and email it to another attorney to complete and that I should go back to working on the protege's files

Sure, put in your 2 weeks and do what needs to be done
My company immediately dismisses anybody that gives 2 weeks notice.
They are afraid employee leaving will bring down morale so they ask the employee to leave immediately and give 2 weeks pay to do nothing.
On the flip side, I gave 2 weeks once and management freaked and pulled me into the office to give me a raise to stay. I stayed
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 14th, 2019 at 9:23:20 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Why didn't you give your notice at that point? I am starting to wonder if your are just a drama queen? Be assertive. Nothing worse than a passive lawyer.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.