Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Follies

May 7th, 2019 at 3:06:48 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Evenbob

Cue ams…

Just watched "Knock Down the House". Figured here was more appropriate than Netflix...

Getting the ratings out of the way because it's obvious, ams and terp will find it a 5/7 and EB and AZD certainly a 1/0. For petro, probably wouldn't be disappointed in watching. Personally, I quite enjoyed the drama of it all. Who doesn't like a good underdog story? It was on par with "Miracle" if looking from a purely feel-good standpoint. Maybe I'm just happy to feel again, I dunno. Probably.

On the political side... I suppose if ever we sat down and talked specific P+P's, we'd wind up ~85% opposed. But as far as politicians who please me, she has the lead. Lifetime. Couple a few tidbits in there with what I've seen elsewhere of her penchant for holding up a lot of mirrors, and you could absolutely consider myself a fan. A "loose" fan, to be sure. But I sure as f#$% would support policies I don't like under a system I do before I'd support any of the hogs#$% going on today.

It'll be fun to watch it unfold, as I believe she has the legs to last a fair bit. Not that I could ever break free of my cynicism; I wholly believe that her making ranks to actually effect change will corrupt her, and I will not (am unable to) change that cynicism until proven wrong. But, it's nice to hope again. It's nice to finally have someone speaking for me. F#$% WHAT we're doing. HOW and WHY? Not what we're gonna do WITH the system, but what are we gonna do ABOUT it.

Tune in next time where I lose my s#$% because I didn't get what I want and all pols need to be sent to the moon.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 8th, 2019 at 6:53:08 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
She's not so much an idiot as she is a moron..

America loves a cute dumb chick.

May 8th, 2019 at 10:36:41 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Here's Crazy Eyes being amazed that
we eat things grown in dirt. She
sounds mentally retarded here.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 11th, 2019 at 4:48:03 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Pretty cool
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 11th, 2019 at 5:17:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Here's Crazy Eyes being amazed that
we eat things grown in dirt. She
sounds mentally retarded here.

Is it any wonder she was a bartender with an econ degree? She all but said she thought food came from the grocery store.

I guess some points for not calling them "colored greens."
The President is a fink.
May 11th, 2019 at 6:22:36 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Are you trying to be funny saying "pretty cool"? If not I don't get it. Come to think of it, I don't get it either way. Whats your point? P.S. I like her. She does look pretty funny holding that huge hammer like a little kid.
May 11th, 2019 at 7:43:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Trying to be funny??????

I just think its pretty cool that an underdog female bartender waitress overcame the odds, beat an incumbent and just presided over the United States House of representatives.
Its just a cool story. I can see a movie made about this with the ending presiding over the house. Pretty cool.
Maybe our definition of cool is different. Take UMBC beating VA. Underdog overcoming the odds.
Its pretty COOL to see the players advancing UMBC on the bracket board.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 11th, 2019 at 7:58:16 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
So when an overweight, white, mature man, underdog who often has oral diarrhea wins the presidency that is a reason to hate him. When a young, non white, female, underdog who often has oral diarrhea wins a seat its cool? Maybe check your logic on that one TP.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 11th, 2019 at 8:12:32 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
Is it any wonder she was a bartender with an econ degree? She all but said she thought food came from the grocery store.

I guess some points for not calling them "colored greens."

"Collard greens"

collard (n.)
variety of kale with fleshy leaves along the stem, 1755, American English, a Southern corruption of colewort (Middle English) "cabbage," later especially "kale, greens." The first element is related to the cole in cole-slaw; for second element, see wort.

wort (n.) "a plant," Old English wyrt "root, herb, vegetable, plant, spice,"
May 11th, 2019 at 11:52:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin
"Collard greens"

collard (n.)
variety of kale with fleshy leaves along the stem, 1755, American English, a Southern corruption of colewort (Middle English) "cabbage," later especially "kale, greens." The first element is related to the cole in cole-slaw; for second element, see wort.

wort (n.) "a plant," Old English wyrt "root, herb, vegetable, plant, spice,"

Come on. Colored people eat them.

Have you seen the namesake episode of this very site? Or are you playing along?
The President is a fink.