years left. She says it was satire and
we were too 'dense' to get that.

Uh Huh. She got the number from
the hysterical UN Climate Report
and she believed it. Now she's
finally realizing what a fool she
made of herself, so it was just
a joke.

Same as the GND that was such a joke people thought the GOP wrote it as a parody. She really believed in it, then she saw the reaction.
The President is a fink.
May 14th, 2019 at 8:16:05 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
Uh Huh. She got the number from the hysterical UN Climate Report and she believed it.

How about that. Thank you for that information Bob

Quote: UN Press Release
Only 11 Years Left to Prevent Irreversible Damage from Climate Change,

Speakers Warn during General Assembly High-Level Meeting

Ambition, Urgency Needed to Address Global Emergency, Secretary-General Says

Just over a decade is all that remains to stop irreversible damage from climate change, world leaders heard today as the General Assembly opened a high‑level meeting on the relationship between the phenomenon and sustainable development.

https://www.un.org/press/en/2019/ga12131.doc.htm
May 14th, 2019 at 8:26:50 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I am really impressed that AOC takes climate change very seriously
I take it very seriously.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 14th, 2019 at 8:42:49 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
I am really impressed that AOC takes climate change very seriously
I take it very seriously.

Everybody I know that says they are serious about climate change only want the changes that effect somebody else's life style. Really serious people would give up their road trips and holidays that are for pleasure only. Nobody I know does that. Concerts are not good for the environment.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 14th, 2019 at 9:11:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman

Everybody I know that says they are serious about climate change only want the changes that effect somebody else's life style. Really serious people would give up their road trips and holidays that are for pleasure only. Nobody I know does that. Concerts are not good for the environment.

Few people who claim to be serious can stomach what it really takes. Remember when Algore called for $2.50 gas to help? That was in 2000. About 2 years later when it went to $2.50 the same people who called for it cried about the "greedy oil companies!"
The President is a fink.
May 14th, 2019 at 11:02:25 AM permalink
terapined
Concerts are not good for the environment.

Yup, you nailed it. Concerts are the worst thing ever to affect the environment. Watching 2nd episode of Chernobyl tonight on HBO. That pollution is nothing when compared to what concerts do to the enviroment
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 14th, 2019 at 1:46:58 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Yup, you nailed it. Concerts are the worst thing ever to affect the environment. Watching 2nd episode of Chernobyl tonight on HBO. That pollution is nothing when compared to what concerts do to the enviroment
ROTFL

We can all find things that are worse than we are talking about at the time. Of course the mantra of the lefties is if we all just gave up a little bit we would save the world. Nobody gives up anything that they actually want to do and find a multitude of ways to justify it.

Everyone in North America creates way more CO2 than their share compared to a per capita basis of the worlds population.

I am front about the fact that I believe very little from the global warming conspiracy too many inconsistencies in the "facts". I find that more honest than most bleeding heart lefties that talk the talk but never walk the walk on their own personal energy use.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 14th, 2019 at 1:54:39 PM permalink
terapined
Nobody gives up anything that they actually want to do and find a multitude of ways to justify it.

I'm willing to spend more of my money to keep the environment cleaner. If stuff costs more because its green, I will spend more leaving me with less money.
I hardly drive these days. I love my bicycle.
May 15th, 2019 at 1:01:04 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: pew
Are you trying to be funny saying "pretty cool"? If not I don't get it. Come to think of it, I don't get it either way. Whats your point? P.S. I like her. She does look pretty funny holding that huge hammer like a little kid.

If you don't find this cool then nothing is cool :-)

https://www.awesomeinventions.com/testicle-cooling-device-coolmen-cooltec/?fbclid=IwAR04az5ZIna1CDj-LkZ1lGmamvAwlF_-epIh8qOzuPULFcZCFhjft9GMM6w&utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark
June 8th, 2019 at 6:23:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
AOC schooled by FBI counterterrorism official after suggesting white supremacists are getting 'off the hook'

She invents a charge, probably something she read in a news article, assuming she reads anything in the first place. Just like she got slapped down by the banks, she got slapped down here.
The President is a fink.