8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

February 19th, 2020 at 8:38:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Also Ross Perot was 5'5". Do you think he was really defeated? Hard to say. I think he defeated himself when he flaked towards the end in some sort of paranoia episode.

I think Perot thought he was in a practical joke that got out of hand. But the whole thing showed the angry base that is in the USA.
The President is a fink.
February 19th, 2020 at 8:40:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Also Hillary got 3 million more votes being shorter than Trump.

One she is a woman so height was secondary. Second illegal alien votes don’t count.
The President is a fink.
February 19th, 2020 at 8:44:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Wizard
To get back on topic, I caucused yesterday. Three-hour wait. I overheard people in line saying they left other locations that had even longer waits. Here was the routine:

1. Wait in one line to pass security and get in the building.
2. Accept an index card with a 3-digit number on it.
3. Wait a long time for your number to be called.
4. Wait in another line.
5. Caucus. This entailed filling out a card with your top three to five choices, in order. You had to do with with a caucus worker right in front of you, but she didn't seem to pay attention to my picks.

I skipped step 3 by leaving and returning later.

I won't say who I picked, but I will say Nevada should scrap the caucus system. I see no benefit to it at all compared to voting. With most people caucusing early, it pretty much is like voting, but there are very limited times and places, thus the long lines.

Right or wrong I think the idea is to appeal to the party faithful. Avoid getting a McCain getting the nomination because of open primaries. The caucus method might by now best be left to smaller population areas.
The President is a fink.
February 19th, 2020 at 8:47:40 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Mayor Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg Platitude Generator

(yes, "Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg" is his actual full name)
Let's go Brandon
February 19th, 2020 at 9:12:01 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Second illegal alien votes don’t count.

LOLOLOL

Over three years later and our righties still aren't able to cope with the fact that Donny got 3 million votes less than Hillary.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 19th, 2020 at 9:35:37 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: Pacomartin
Didn't Ronald Reagan, the original modern conservative, start the era of huge deficit spending?

Yes.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

The bottom 95% of the country is STILL waiting on its trickle.
February 19th, 2020 at 9:40:12 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: ams288
LOLOLOL

Over three years later and our righties still aren't able to cope with the fact that Donny got 3 million votes less than Hillary.

The amount of bull crap they need to digest in order to reconcile their lame talking points is astounding. Just a couple days ago, they were both blaming democrats for the amount of federal spending AND giving them credit for Trump's economy. Crazy huh? lol

And now they are fixated on height. Bloomberg is short, but trump is a fat slob who wears suits 2 times his size to cover it up. He cakes on make up and hair spray every day to pretend to look like something he's not. They won't stfu about something a person has no control over, but fawn over a man who wears make up and dies his hair orange blonde while slobbing over KFC and McDonald's.

Gimme a break. You guys are lame AF.
February 19th, 2020 at 9:49:13 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
I think Bob was responding to me, and I ain’t no lefty!
Oh no, I was responding to the dude who listed all of those world leaders before TV was around.

Quote: fleaswatter
Mayor Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg Buttcrack Platitude Generator

(yes, "Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg Buttcrack" is his actual full name)
Had to fix that lol 😂😂
February 19th, 2020 at 9:50:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Tripdufan
Yes.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

The bottom 95% of the country is STILL waiting on its trickle.

People that work got it decades ago. Slugs waiting for things to be handed to them not so much.
The President is a fink.
February 19th, 2020 at 10:00:21 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: AZDuffman
People that work got it decades ago. Slugs waiting for things to be handed to them not so much.

Anybody who can look at the data over the last several decades can ascertain that you're full of it. It's freely available. No excuses for ignorance.

https://www.epi.org/publication/top-charts-of-2018-twelve-charts-that-show-how-policy-could-reduce-inequality-but-is-making-it-worse-instead/

You see that first graph there? What's the solid top red line that represents .1% of the country doing while the rest is flat lining?

https://www.cbpp.org/research/poverty-and-inequality/a-guide-to-statistics-on-historical-trends-in-income-inequality

"The years from the end of World War II into the 1970s were ones of substantial economic growth and broadly shared prosperity.

Incomes grew rapidly and at roughly the same rate up and down the income ladder, roughly doubling in inflation-adjusted terms between the late 1940s and early 1970s.

The gap between those high up the income ladder and those on the middle and lower rungs — while substantial — did not change much during this period."

"Wealth — the value of a household’s property and financial assets, minus the value of its debts — is much more highly concentrated than income. The best survey data show that the share of wealth held by the top 1 percent rose from 30 percent in 1989 to 39 percent in 2016, while the share held by the bottom 90 percent fell from 33 percent to 23 percent."

You just called 80% of our country slugs and freeloaders. And have the nerve to fake rage over "deplorables"?

Biggest group of hypocrites ever assembled is current group of GOP.