8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

February 19th, 2020 at 10:03:21 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: Shrek
Oh no, I was responding to the dude who listed all of those world leaders before TV was around.

Do you sometimes wish it was YOU who was making these counterpoints instead of jerking everybody else off? You bring nothing to the table.
February 19th, 2020 at 10:41:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan
Anybody who can look at the data over the last several decades can ascertain that you're full of it. It's freely available. No excuses for ignorance.

https://www.epi.org/publication/top-charts-of-2018-twelve-charts-that-show-how-policy-could-reduce-inequality-but-is-making-it-worse-instead/

You see that first graph there? What's the solid top red line that represents .1% of the country doing while the rest is flat lining?

https://www.cbpp.org/research/poverty-and-inequality/a-guide-to-statistics-on-historical-trends-in-income-inequality

"The years from the end of World War II into the 1970s were ones of substantial economic growth and broadly shared prosperity.

Incomes grew rapidly and at roughly the same rate up and down the income ladder, roughly doubling in inflation-adjusted terms between the late 1940s and early 1970s.

The gap between those high up the income ladder and those on the middle and lower rungs — while substantial — did not change much during this period."

"Wealth — the value of a household’s property and financial assets, minus the value of its debts — is much more highly concentrated than income. The best survey data show that the share of wealth held by the top 1 percent rose from 30 percent in 1989 to 39 percent in 2016, while the share held by the bottom 90 percent fell from 33 percent to 23 percent."

You just called 80% of our country slugs and freeloaders. And have the nerve to fake rage over "deplorables"?

Biggest group of hypocrites ever assembled is current group of GOP.

You can keep trying to disprove it all you like. Face is everyone is way better off than in 1980 unless you are a lazy slug. More and bigger houses. More and better care. Fancier vacations. Trickle down worked great. If you work. Those waiting for minimum wage to go up to get a raise well they will keep waiting.
The President is a fink.
February 19th, 2020 at 10:46:27 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: AZDuffman
You can keep trying to disprove it all you like. Face is everyone is way better off than in 1980 unless you are a lazy slug. More and bigger houses. More and better care. Fancier vacations. Trickle down worked great. If you work. Those waiting for minimum wage to go up to get a raise well they will keep waiting.

Oh there's no trying at all. The FACT is that trickle-down is a farce, bad economic policy, and is holding us back. Anybody that isn't a hack who can objectively look at the data will come to that conclusion. It's not even close. The fact that you cite what a natural progression would be without it as proof it worked is laughable and weak AF.

I link data, you respond with BS rhetoric. WEAK AF.
February 19th, 2020 at 10:56:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Oh there's no trying at all. The FACT is that trickle-down is a farce, bad economic policy, and is holding us back. Anybody that isn't a hack who can objectively look at the data will come to that conclusion. It's not even close. The fact that you cite what a natural progression would be without it as proof it worked is laughable and weak AF.

It is a fact that trickle down works. It is a fact that anyone I have seen attacking it hates it because they are greedy selfish hateful people who are upset someone else is paying less taxes than before. Even if revenue goes up it frosts them that someone is paying a lower rate but on more income. They spend their lives mired in their hate while they wait for the handout that never comes from the liberals they vote for time after time.

They are the kind of people who if a genie gave them a wish but said Trump would get twice what they get would wish to be blinded in one eye.

They never get ahead because they are too worried someone with more is not being punished for daring to earn more.
The President is a fink.
February 19th, 2020 at 11:00:22 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Somewhere many posts ago I referred to simple poll. "are you better off now than you were before Trump took office?" Resounding victory for "Yes". You think billionaires are polled disproportionately? You may think the middle class has been left behind, but they don't think so! It's why Warren is tanking. She keeps trying to tell people they are not doing well when they're doing well!

You can talk about "trickle" or "deficit" or "Stormy Daniels" as much as you'd like. The middle class is doing better. They know it. They know the Democrats don't know it. Bad news for the Democrats. Good news for Trump.
February 19th, 2020 at 11:21:17 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: SOOPOO
Somewhere many posts ago I referred to simple poll. "are you better off now than you were before Trump took office?" Resounding victory for "Yes". You think billionaires are polled disproportionately? You may think the middle class has been left behind, but they don't think so! It's why Warren is tanking. She keeps trying to tell people they are not doing well when they're doing well!

You can talk about "trickle" or "deficit" or "Stormy Daniels" as much as you'd like. The middle class is doing better. They know it. They know the Democrats don't know it. Bad news for the Democrats. Good news for Trump.

Umm, we are talking about DECADES of economic policy, not 3 years. The middle class, compared to 1980, is NOT DOING BETTER. Their share of the pie has consistently shrunk, but guys like AZ tags them as selfish for pointing out the inequalities that trickle-down is responsible for? Puh-lease.

There are a few things in the Trump tax bill that I think were good for the middle class, but didn't go far enough. Increasing the child tax credit is one of them and if you're a family of 5 and got an extra three thousand bucks back, I dont' fault you for saying "I'm better off". But if you really drill down into the data, you can CLEARLY see that the middle class has been ROBBED for the last 30+ years.

CEO pay skyrocketing while the workers who are the lifeline of their businesses have flat-lined. THIS IS A FACT. Yeah know, those pesky things that don't align at all with what the GOP sells in 2020.

For example, business investment is currently shrinking, you know that right? Corporations just got huge tax windfall benefits, but where's the reinvestment? Remember when the one time bonuses were handed out at AT&T and you all were fawning over it? Turns out it was just that, ONE TIME.
February 19th, 2020 at 11:26:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

So, you think the majority of elections since the midterms are just a fluke.. More seats turning over to Democrats than Republicans reflect Trump support?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 19th, 2020 at 11:30:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
And why did trump support split down partisan ways so much during impeachment? Democrats don’t think Trump has much to do with a good economy or it’s not worth supporting him?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 19th, 2020 at 11:36:53 AM permalink
Tripdufan
You may think the middle class has been left behind, but they don't think so! It's why Warren is tanking. She keeps trying to tell people they are not doing well when they're doing well!

lol, conservatives just crack me the f up

Warren is tanking and that's proof that the "middle class has been robbed" message doesn't resonate, while they make no mention of Bernie Sanders surging, who is saying the same damn thing.
February 19th, 2020 at 11:59:50 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: rxwine
They weren't necessarily anything but leaders.
I hope you got my point that we are talking about the President of the United States right? People have also gotten taller over the last several hundred years. I think Napoleon was of average height for his time and place.