The Trump Impeachment Thread

October 30th, 2019 at 3:57:01 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
This is how all investigations are conducted
Its building a case
The evidence will be made public. Be patient.
All these hearings are being conducted under the same exact rules the Republicans voted for and John Boehner signed off on
The exact rules republicans are complaining about are the rules they approved.
Its so unbelievable that they are actually having a meltdown with that clown posse move to invade a hearing.
You make the rules, you need to abide by the rules even if you lose power
That's why you see so many republicans not running for re election
Being in the House sucks when you are not the party in power and 2020 aint looking good for the GOP regarding the House
Elections have consequences.

You truly don't get it. I don't know if they are following the rules or not and Boehner said that he did not change the rules as Nap said he did.

The problem I have with it is that if you are conducting a "grand jury like" investigation, then we shouldn't know anything about the testimony (including opening statements being published) until the hearings come a conclusion.
October 30th, 2019 at 4:31:02 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
The news said the last time the rules changed was in 2015, when the Republicans were in power.
They didn't say which rules changed, or who put in the relevant rules that they are following.

I think all they were getting at is that the rules haven't changed since Trump took office, or since the democrats took power.

The news says they are following the rules.

There are republicans on the committees that are holding the hearings.

Benghazi had a lot of closed door hearings, too.

I don't think it is breaking any laws or rules to release information from the hearings which are not being held publicly. It ISN'T a grand jury hearing.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 30th, 2019 at 4:48:18 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Attack the process because the facts are not supporting the argument. Awesome. The facts, by contrast, support that the president is a corrupt man.
October 30th, 2019 at 5:01:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
Like the Democrats slandering Tulsi Gabbard?

I am not "for" it in any case. The attack should be on the position, not the person.

Whole different subject
Politics can be really rough
ask Lyin Ted, Little Marco , Crooked Hillary ect
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 30th, 2019 at 5:07:50 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
You truly don't get it. .

No you don't get it
I want a serious investigation
Not some clown show where everybody is playing for the cameras
Serious investigations are conducted without live tv cameras
The evidence will be made public and you can contest it at that time
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 30th, 2019 at 5:09:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The problem I have with it is that if you are conducting a "grand jury like" investigation, then we shouldn't know anything about the testimony (including opening statements being published) until the hearings come a conclusion.

Are you suggesting if that was done the rightwing wouldn't be going on daily about some unfairness?

Hmm. When pigs can get ice water in hell maybe.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 30th, 2019 at 5:35:39 PM permalink
fleaswatter
For all of the posters here that believe the democrats are conducting the so-called "impeachment inquiry" in a fair, honest and by the rules manner:

What is your opinion of the fact that pencil neck shifty Schiff has directed a witness to NOT answer questions asked by republicans during the witness's testimony????

And by the way, the name of the whistle-blower is Eric Ciaramella.
Let's go Brandon
October 30th, 2019 at 6:02:41 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
For all of the posters here that believe the democrats are conducting the so-called "impeachment inquiry" in a fair, honest and by the rules manner:

What is your opinion of the fact that pencil neck shifty Schiff has directed a witness to NOT answer questions asked by republicans during the witness's testimony????

I think it’s great - if what you are referring to is when the GOP was asking questions trying to get the witness to out the whistleblower.

I think the GOP congressmen and the president are complete scum for trying to out a whistleblower and should face legal consequences.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 30th, 2019 at 6:20:38 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: fleaswatter

And by the way, the name of the whistle-blower is Eric Ciaramella.

"Federal documents reveal that the 33-year-old Ciaramella, a registered Democrat held over from the Obama White House, previously worked with former Vice President Joe Biden and former CIA Director John Brennan, a vocal critic of Trump who helped initiate the Russia “collusion” investigation of the Trump campaign during the 2016 election." Sounds like a totally unbiased informant to me. He was also involved in Hillary's campaign and was one of main inventors of the Russian collusion theory.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 30th, 2019 at 6:28:16 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Quote: ams288

I think it’s great - if what you are referring to is when the GOP was asking questions trying to get the witness to out the whistleblower.

I think the GOP congressmen and the president are complete scum for trying to out a whistleblower and should face legal consequences.

I'm sure that you have read the "Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989" in it's entirety. /s

The purpose of the act is to protect federal government employees in the United States from retaliatory action for voluntarily disclosing information about dishonest or illegal activities occurring in a government organization.

There is noting in the act which makes it illegal to identify the wistleblower.
Let's go Brandon