The Trump Impeachment Thread

October 23rd, 2019 at 6:18:41 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
And yet, Trump has sent more troops TO the middle east than he has brought home.
https://amp.businessinsider.com/trump-not-ending-endless-wars-increasing-us-forces-middle-east-2019-10
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 23rd, 2019 at 6:22:32 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
If hostility's get serious between the US and China and Trump decides the US will resurrect internment camps and decides to throw you in being part Chinese, will you still support the war machines decision?

That's not going to happen. If I'm going to worry about that, I might as well worry about the sun exploding
Quote: petroglyph

Congress and the Pentagon are supposed to take direction from the people who pay for it, so we are supposed to have a voice about who we go to war with. I want to have a say in what my government does, surprised you don't.

That world has changed
I don't believe that isolation helps us
In areas where I have no expertise such as the Azov Battalion (As a kid, loved the Devils Brigade) , I defer to the consensus among our diplomats and military and they indicate that Trump made a big mistake.
Seems our troops were keeping the peace and peace is always a good thing
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 24th, 2019 at 9:47:38 AM permalink
terapined
I love how Judge Nap has to school Fox and friends on the law

Judge Napolitano Schools ‘Fox & Friends’ on Impeachment: Schiff Just ‘Following the Rules’ Written by GOP

https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-napolitano-schools-fox-and-friends-on-impeachment-adam-schiff-just-following-the-rules-written-by-gop?source=articles&via=rss
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 24th, 2019 at 9:50:54 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
I love how Judge Nap has to school Fox and friends on the law

Judge Napolitano Schools ‘Fox & Friends’ on Impeachment: Schiff Just ‘Following the Rules’ Written by GOP

https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-napolitano-schools-fox-and-friends-on-impeachment-adam-schiff-just-following-the-rules-written-by-gop?source=articles&via=rss

Judge Napolitano is pretty balanced and non biased on most legal and procedural issues.
October 24th, 2019 at 12:15:21 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Gandler
Judge Napolitano is pretty balanced and non biased on most legal and procedural issues.

I like the judge
Its just so hilarious Republicans are furious that the Dems are following Republican rules. Talk about hypocrisy.
October 26th, 2019 at 1:09:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
This shouldn't affect Trump legally. Just won't smell good.

33 million dollar contract.

Quote:
The lucrative government contract, to provide security for federal courthouses and cell blocks, went to CertiPath, a Reston, Va.-based company that has since 2013 been owned in part by a firm linked to Robert S. Trump, the president’s younger brother.

After the contract was awarded, an anonymous rival bidder filed a complaint with the Justice Department’s office of the inspector general, alleging that CertiPath failed to disclose that “one of the President’s closest living relatives stood to benefit financially from the transaction,” according to a copy of the July 22 complaint letter obtained by The Washington Post.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 26th, 2019 at 1:23:44 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
"I see, and these Russians, are they in the room with us right now?"
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 26th, 2019 at 3:48:18 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
It looks like pencil neck shifty Schiff is breaking the House of Representative's rules concerning the availability of records to members of the House.

Schiff’s procedures violate the House rules on committee records

Here is the House rule:
Quote:
(2)(A)
Except as provided in subdivision (B), all committee records (including hearings, data, charts, and files) shall be kept separate and distinct from the congressional office records of the member serving as its chair. Such records shall be the property of the House, and each Member, Delegate, and the Resident Commissioner shall have access thereto.

(B) A Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner, other than members of the Committee on Ethics, may not have access to the records of that committee respecting the conduct of a Member, Delegate, Resident Commissioner, officer, or employee of the House without the specific prior permission of that committee.

The house rules can be found here: House Rules
The rule quoted above can be found on page 568 of the rules
Let's go Brandon
October 26th, 2019 at 6:21:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: fleaswatter
It looks like pencil neck shifty Schiff is breaking the House of Representative's rules concerning the availability of records to members of the House.

Schiff’s procedures violate the House rules on committee records

Here is the House rule:
Quote:
(2)(A)
Except as provided in subdivision (B), all committee records (including hearings, data, charts, and files) shall be kept separate and distinct from the congressional office records of the member serving as its chair. Such records shall be the property of the House, and each Member, Delegate, and the Resident Commissioner shall have access thereto.

(B) A Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner, other than members of the Committee on Ethics, may not have access to the records of that committee respecting the conduct of a Member, Delegate, Resident Commissioner, officer, or employee of the House without the specific prior permission of that committee.

The house rules can be found here: House Rules
The rule quoted above can be found on page 568 of the rules
Are Pelosi and Schiff in violation of the Logan act? https://lauraloomer.us/2019/10/22/jordans-king-abdullah-rejects-pelosi-and-schiff-by-endorsing-trump-withdrawal-from-syria/#.XbTqZppKizL

"They know the King of Jordan is adamant on a two party-state solution, as the only open entry to Palestinian territory is through Jordan for those unable to enter Israel.

As the Ukrainian quid pro quo is collapsing, Pelosi and Schiff are actually making quid pro quo deals to the King to find quid pro quo? Isn’t this a violation of the Logan Act? We have been told that the conversations are transcribed. Pelosi and Schiff promising two-state legislation to King Abdullah in exchange for denouncing President Trump’s Middle Eastern policy and actions."
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 29th, 2019 at 7:32:34 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Wizard (Oct 10)
Here are the latest odds from Betfair

Trump to be impeached in his first term: 67.8%
Trump to leave office during first term: 22.2%

As long as I'm there, here are the Democratic primary odds

Warren: 51.4%
Biden: 17.7%
Sanders: 4.2%
Harris: 3.6%
Yang (yeah!): 4.2%

Let's update those figures, according to the betting market on Oct 29.

Trump to be impeached in his first term: 76.6%
Trump to leave office during first term: 23.3%

As long as I'm there, here are the Democratic primary odds

Warren: 41.0%
Biden: 18.7%
Sanders: 10.6%
Harris: 1.5%
Yang (yeah!): 2.9%
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber