The Trump Impeachment Thread

October 23rd, 2019 at 2:43:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Meanwhile we just get closer to impeachment time.

No we don't, that's not their intent.
They have nothing to impeach on.
They want to disrupt and make
Trump look bad to his supporters.
It's backfiring.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 23rd, 2019 at 2:57:53 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
No we don't, that's not their intent.
They have nothing to impeach on.
They want to disrupt and make
Trump look bad to his supporters.
It's backfiring.

I honestly don’t even think you believe this. You just have to keep repeating it and hope it turns out to be true eventually (spoiler alert: it won’t).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 23rd, 2019 at 3:00:31 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Dalex64
Mitch wants the republicans to attack the process, rather than defend trump's actions.

Basically, he wants an ad hominem defense.

If they’re arguing about process, they’re losing.

Dems have a slam dunk case against Donny and all the GOP can try to do is distract. Their “no quid pro quo” defense seems to have evaporated.
October 23rd, 2019 at 3:07:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
I honestly don’t even think you believe this.

Be patient, you'll see. Just like
with Hillary. You'll see.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 23rd, 2019 at 3:11:05 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
Be patient, you'll see. Just like
with Hillary. You'll see.

Hillary isn’t running.

And when she doesn’t, you still won’t man up and admit you were wrong. You’ll just claim she was too sick to run. We all know how that’s how it will go down....
October 23rd, 2019 at 3:41:40 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
If they’re arguing about process, they’re losing.

Dems have a slam dunk case against Donny and all the GOP can try to do is distract. Their “no quid pro quo” defense seems to have evaporated.

Exactly. And make no mistake about it, when they say, "attack the process", this means to undermine the United States Constitution.
October 23rd, 2019 at 4:10:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Why are the Democrats in such a hurry to get more US arms in the hands of the Azov battalion of ultra right wing extremists with the one hand, while wanting to take guns away from Americans with the other?

Do you know who it is, that you are rushing to arm? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 23rd, 2019 at 4:39:39 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Why are the Democrats in such a hurry to get more US arms in the hands of the Azov battalion of ultra right wing extremists with the one hand, while wanting to take guns away from Americans with the other?

Do you know who it is, that you are rushing to arm? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion

I'm not rushing arms to anybody
I have to imagine 99.99999999% of democrats don't know what the Azov Battalion is
I've never heard of it and don't really care. I defer to our experts in the Pentagon
Pentagon wants to give them arms, I'm ok with it. Pentagon says no, I'm ok with that as well
Go Astro's. Now that's something I care about. Rooting for 7 games
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 23rd, 2019 at 5:43:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: terapined
I'm not rushing arms to anybody
I have to imagine 99.99999999% of democrats don't know what the Azov Battalion is
I've never heard of it and don't really care. I defer to our experts in the Pentagon
Pentagon wants to give them arms, I'm ok with it. Pentagon says no, I'm ok with that as well
Go Astro's. Now that's something I care about. Rooting for 7 games
If hostility's get serious between the US and China and Trump decides the US will resurrect internment camps and decides to throw you in being part Chinese, will you still support the war machines decision?

Congress and the Pentagon are supposed to take direction from the people who pay for it, so we are supposed to have a voice about who we go to war with. I want to have a say in what my government does, surprised you don't.
October 23rd, 2019 at 5:49:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
I find it ironic that, congress, who's job it has always been, to vote on war has continually shirked their constitutional responsibility to vote on whether or not we war on Syria has remained silent. But now that Trump wants to fulfill one of his campaign promises that got him elected [getting us out of Syria], all of a sudden congress can't shut up about him wanting to get our soldiers out, when they wouldn't even vote to get us in. That's a giant wtf moment in my book.