The Trump Impeachment Thread

October 17th, 2019 at 12:18:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288

The rest of the post is complete nonsense, as usual.

So you never heard him talk, then. He
was screaming for Trump to go before
he was ever sworn in.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 17th, 2019 at 12:20:09 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Evenbob
...Pelosi and the
others know he can't be
replaced with anybody half
as effective as he was with
keeping up the hate Trump
rhetoric.

EB, where do you get your news from?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 17th, 2019 at 12:31:51 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
October 17th, 2019 at 12:39:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Face
EB, where do you get your news from?

The question is, where don't you get
yours from.

Massive, Unprecedented Obstruction’: House Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings Slams Donald Trump

Rep. Cummings: Trump Deserves "Mark Of Impeachment"

I could post dozens of headlines, but
why bother. now they're saying
Cummings was signing impeachment
subpeanas from his death bed in
the hospital.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 17th, 2019 at 12:56:57 PM permalink
Face
The question is, where don't you get
yours from.

That's why I asked. I can't answer what I don't know.

"Why bother"? Because I'm interested and asked you.
October 17th, 2019 at 12:58:51 PM permalink
Evenbob

And I'm extremely busy, discover Google..
October 17th, 2019 at 1:07:43 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

The best place for news
Drew Curtis's FARK.com
If its interesting, fark will provide a link with a funny comment
Fabulous web site
I check it out everyday
Its not left or right , just pro alcohol and interesting. Drew likes to drink :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 17th, 2019 at 1:24:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
This is the crowd in TX going into
the Trump rally today. They started
lining up yesterday. America
loves Trump..

October 17th, 2019 at 1:50:37 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
And I'm extremely busy

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 17th, 2019 at 2:43:14 PM permalink
Face
Quote: terapined
The best place for news
Drew Curtis's FARK.com
If its interesting, fark will provide a link with a funny comment
Fabulous web site
I check it out everyday
Its not left or right , just pro alcohol and interesting. Drew likes to drink :-)

Thanks, terp, but I'm not looking for news. I'm looking for understanding.

It's like this... I am almost dictionary definition conservative (and I will have to insist, to the point of demanding, we use the small "c"). I am adverse to change. I generally desire to hold to tradition. I say in just about all cases from finances to employ to personal safety to recreation, I am a defensive person. The whole of my being focuses on protecting what I have with very little energy spent looking out toward what I can get. That coupled with my backwoods, rural existence means I'm attracted to and engage with majority Conservatives, with the big "C".

It is no surprise then that I have bonded with "the righties". Politics aside, I think AZD and me weave together real well, like if we were neighbors, it'd be a regular to pop in and see what was doin'. Cars, bugs, carpentry, automotive... the trades. We both have an appreciation and both engage in these arts, and I think we fit well together. And being that we share the same conservatism, our personalities would naturally mesh.

EB is even more extreme. I've stated publicly, several times, that I've a bias toward EB and have recused myself from any judgement involving him. That's how well his character meshes with my actual life. I would have no shock whatsoever to find he was actually related, as parts of who he is mirror that of people who have raised me. And so it's no surprise that I defend him, or engage with him when all others are raging, or whatever.

THAT'S what I'm trying to understand. How people who share so many of the same values as I can come to such a dramatically different conclusion than I when presented with the same information as I. That seems like an important question, doesn't it? You and I, terp, and our disagreement about guns, that doesn't bother me. I can understand it. I can see our differences in upbringing, life experiences and life philosophies and see how we come to a different conclusion based on them. I may think you're wrong, but I can see why you think you're right. It's a disagreement, not a breakdown.

Here, I find we already hold the same values, and I assume we have all the same pieces. But here I'm saying "bad" and they're saying "good". And I look again, and I say "no, it's, like, real bad" and they say "The Very Best!™". And I look again, and I say "holy s#$% no, guys... this isn't even on the charts. This is "Fall of Rome" bad" and they say "MMMMMMAGAAAAAA!!!!".

I've no reason to assume or even consider that their values are fake. I can only surmise I was wrong about the pieces. So, now that my intentions are known... y'all got any of those pieces?