The Trump Impeachment Thread

October 17th, 2019 at 8:29:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
This is "Fall of Rome" bad" and they say "MMMMMMAGAAAAAA!!!!".

That's because you expect way too
much from a president. I expect
nothing. So when we get somebody
like Trump who gets things done
in spades, I can easily overlook any
of his character flaws and just enjoy
the ride. You seem to be a
perfectionist, everything has to line
up perfectly or you're unhappy.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 18th, 2019 at 8:39:30 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Face
Thanks, terp, but I'm not looking for news. I'm looking for understanding.

Different philosophy
Most liberals have a I'm ok you're ok philosophy. They are ok with people different from them. I'm ok with a person being a Muslim even though I don't know the person personally.
Most conservatives that are Trump supporters have a I'm ok you're not ok philosophy. They are not ok with people that are different from them. They are not ok with a person being a Muslim even though they don't know that person personally.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 18th, 2019 at 3:00:59 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Different philosophy
Most liberals have a I'm ok you're ok philosophy. They are ok with people different from them. I'm ok with a person being a Muslim even though I don't know the person personally.
Most conservatives that are Trump supporters have a I'm ok you're not ok philosophy. They are not ok with people that are different from them. They are not ok with a person being a Muslim even though they don't know that person personally.

Most liberals are not okay with people who are different. If some one doesn't have the same values as them they want to call them a name, even if they have to make up a new one, and try to change them. If the people they disagree with don't change their mind then all hell breaks loose. Now they need to pass a new law, march in the street, boycott their business, rewrite history, etc. etc. Not for a minute do the liberals ever think that maybe they could be wrong on an issue and are absolutely sure that they have the moral high ground. The liberals are sure that if only those they disagree with could be educated to see the truth then they would surely agree with them. This is the same way a religion works.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 18th, 2019 at 3:21:56 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Most liberals are not okay with people who are different. If some one doesn't have the same values as them they want to call them a name, even if they have to make up a new one, and try to change them. If the people they disagree with don't change their mind then all hell breaks loose. Now they need to pass a new law, march in the street, boycott their business, rewrite history, etc. etc. Not for a minute do the liberals ever think that maybe they could be wrong on an issue and are absolutely sure that they have the moral high ground. The liberals are sure that if only those they disagree with could be educated to see the truth then they would surely agree with them. This is the same way a religion works.

I’m calling B.S.

Could you give some specifics? Your post is extremely generic. Which “people who are different” are liberals not okay with?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 18th, 2019 at 3:28:07 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Not for a minute do the liberals ever think that maybe they could be wrong on an issue and are absolutely sure that they have the moral high ground.

You guys support Donald Trump. We most definitely hold the moral high ground.
October 18th, 2019 at 3:59:21 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: ams288
I’m calling B.S.

Could you give some specifics? Your post is extremely generic. Which “people who are different” are liberals not okay with?

Probably easier for you to simply list all the people you don't agree with.
October 18th, 2019 at 4:04:58 PM permalink
terapined

I look at myself and the members here
I would welcome anybody in my house. Gay, straight, Trump supporter (one of my best friends) , liberal, Muslim, Christian , Jew ect
Take AZ, I really doubt he would let a Muslim into his house
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 18th, 2019 at 4:14:20 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Your non-answer is noted.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 18th, 2019 at 4:56:47 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: ams288
Your non-answer is noted.

As is yours.
October 18th, 2019 at 5:02:54 PM permalink
terapined
As is yours.

Here is an answer
I don't agree with one of my best friends that is a Trump supporter

I used to go to a lot of shows with a conservative deadhead. He proudly wore his "Bring Nixon back" button back in the day
He lost it at a Hampton Coliseum show. It was a really good show. The Grateful Dead always put out for a Hampton show. One of the last general admission coliseums