The Trump Impeachment Thread

October 18th, 2019 at 5:13:43 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: kenarman
Most liberals are not okay with people who are different. If some one doesn't have the same values as them they want to call them a name, even if they have to make up a new one, and try to change them. If the people they disagree with don't change their mind then all hell breaks loose. Now they need to pass a new law, march in the street, boycott their business, rewrite history, etc. etc. Not for a minute do the liberals ever think that maybe they could be wrong on an issue and are absolutely sure that they have the moral high ground. The liberals are sure that if only those they disagree with could be educated to see the truth then they would surely agree with them. This is the same way a religion works.
Amen
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 18th, 2019 at 5:16:21 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Amen

Yea the extremists
But a regular Joe on the Left like me
ALL are welcome in my home
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 18th, 2019 at 7:05:01 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
As is yours.

I asked first.

I can’t imagine why you’re afraid to specify which “people who are different” that are liberals not okay with. Oh wait, yes I can.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 18th, 2019 at 7:20:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 18th, 2019 at 10:38:35 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Yea the extremists
But a regular Joe on the Left like me
ALL are welcome in my home

I believe you TP and I am the same in my home. I have friends from all colours, countries and religions. I enjoy a good debate on any subject and respect everyones opinion even when we are far apart (notice I didn't say even when they are wrong). I find that many of my friends on the left don't want to discuss any controversial subject. They just get mad and want to talk about something else if their opinions are challenged. These are usually not my friends of colour or the immigrant friends I have, it usually my WASP friends that are trying to save the world.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 19th, 2019 at 6:18:24 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
Different philosophy
Most liberals have a I'm ok you're ok philosophy. They are ok with people different from them. I'm ok with a person being a Muslim even though I don't know the person personally.

Most conservatives that are Trump supporters have a I'm ok you're not ok philosophy. They are not ok with people that are different from them. They are not ok with a person being a Muslim even though they don't know that person personally.

Really? I don't see it that way at all. SOME on each side are prone to nastiness at every opportunity, but most discussions that I have with people from both sides are pleasant even if there is not an agreement on how to fix a particular issue.

I think two things drive this--the free press has become the partisan press so only one side is well presented on any outlet and we have more keyboard warriors who are willing to be nasty.

An example--one of our local traffic reporters left after a long stay here on channel 2. Some idiot posted that it was good because she was getting "a little long in the tooth." People just don't say things like that in a group setting in regular circumstances.
October 19th, 2019 at 12:40:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
Really? I don't see it that way at all. SOME on each side are prone to nastiness at every opportunity, but most discussions that I have with people from both sides are pleasant even if there is not an agreement on how to fix a particular issue.

I think two things drive this--the free press has become the partisan press so only one side is well presented on any outlet and we have more keyboard warriors who are willing to be nasty.

An example--one of our local traffic reporters left after a long stay here on channel 2. Some idiot posted that it was good because she was getting "a little long in the tooth." People just don't say things like that in a group setting in regular circumstances.

I don't care if anyone else is nice. Nor ask them to be.

If I have to judge a post for value, then content, not tone, is king. I don't particularly care what the content is, as long as the person thinks it's meaningful to them. Some people can make paint drying interesting. But if they can't I don't necessarily hold it against them, I just bypass it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 19th, 2019 at 7:19:42 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Wow. Donny folds on having the G7 summit at his Doral resort next year.

It would have been an impeachable offense in itself (you can’t award yourself an 8-figure government contract), but it seemed like he thought he could get away with it since he was doing it out in the open.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 20th, 2019 at 8:38:34 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
Wow. Donny folds on having the G7 summit at his Doral resort next year.

It would have been an impeachable offense in itself (you can’t award yourself an 8-figure government contract), but it seemed like he thought he could get away with it since he was doing it out in the open.

Yes. President Trump did change his mind concerning the G-7 location. He decided it was not worth the hassle in view of the "optics" of the deal and legislation introduced by a trio of House Democrats Friday to block President Trump from hosting next year's G7 summit at one of his Florida resorts.

Yep it really makes sense to block a proposal which likely would not only have saved the US government money but also could have made the US Government money since:
-President Trump has and will turn over any profits that his businesses have received from foreign governments
-President Trump has stated that he would have provided the facilities to the US Government at little or no cost if allowed.

As to it being an "impeachable offense", i'm sure that there are many opinions which both agree and disagree with your claim.

If you believe that it is an "impeachable offense" because it violates the emoluments clause, I am not knowledgeable about this issue to decide either way. What I do know is that there are currently federal cases against President Trump concerning the emoluments issue. I will wait for the issue to be decided in court.
Let's go Brandon
October 20th, 2019 at 12:17:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Uh oh

"The fact is that Hispanics are flourishing in the Trump economy. Where Hispanics have especially flourished is in entrepreneurship. A recent report found entrepreneurship is at its highest level in recorded history, and it is being driven by Hispanics."

Latinos love them some Donald
Trump.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.