The Trump Impeachment Thread

October 1st, 2019 at 1:25:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
It's too bad the Democrats do not have a leader as savvy as I am!

Pelosi.... "We have chosen not to impeach Donald Trump, even though we believe he has committed impeachable offenses. We are quite aware that our colleagues across the aisle in the Senate will not convict him even in the face of mounting evidence of his guilt. So we will leave it up to the American people to remove him from office by voting him out a year from November."

I'd rather see the Democrats do what's right and impeach him if he deserves it, rather than make a scummy deal like that because the Republicans refuse to convict him.

Frankly, I'm sick of that, as Trump's whole schtick seems to be barely paying attention to the law as long as the end justifies the means. That's all that's important to him. Following rules and telling the truth are just things that get in his way.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 1st, 2019 at 1:34:27 AM permalink
rxwine
I'm sick of hearing him defining what is or what isn't factual based on his own desires.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 1st, 2019 at 1:37:21 AM permalink
rxwine
And I'm sick of people who I might otherwise respect suggesting this is all okay. Sick of Trump's new world order where things only are what he says they are.

I don't want to be part of that, even to get rid of him.
October 1st, 2019 at 5:09:21 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
I'd rather see the Democrats do what's right and impeach him if he deserves it, rather than make a scummy deal like that because the Republicans refuse to convict him.

I agree
Trump really gave the Dems no choice but to impeach
This wasn't fueled by Dem hate although its there. They had to impeach due to Trumps outrageous conduct
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 1st, 2019 at 10:29:13 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Wizard
However, correct me if I'm wrong, but Nixon had enough support to beat impeachment at first. However, as more and more bad news came out, some Republican senators flipped and the whole house of cards quickly fell down.

It's crazy to consider that in the 1972 election, Nixon won 49 states. By the summer of 1974, Gallup had his approval at 25%.

October 1st, 2019 at 10:51:20 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: reno
It's crazy to consider that in the 1972 election, Nixon won 49 states. By the summer of 1974, Gallup had his approval at 25%.

Yup
Used to see bumper stickers back in the day, "Don't blame me, I'm from Massachusetts "
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 2nd, 2019 at 11:27:49 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The NYT has a story out about Adam Schiff getting an early account of the whistleblower’s complaint.

The feels like a story that is going to make the right wing tin foil hat crowd LOSE THEIR MINDS.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 2nd, 2019 at 11:38:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: ams288
The NYT has a story out about Adam Schiff getting an early account of the whistleblower’s complaint.

The feels like a story that is going to make the right wing tin foil hat crowd LOSE THEIR MINDS.

Both sides get leaks. Both sides use leaks. Not much they can make of it unless it was an illegal document release he initiated himself.
October 2nd, 2019 at 12:01:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I keep reading this everywhere.
When somebody mentions
impeachment, ask them what
Trump would be impeached
for. You won't get an answer.
There's no specific reason, none.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 2nd, 2019 at 12:02:46 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Both sides get leaks. Both sides use leaks. Not much they can make of it unless it was an illegal document release he initiated himself.

It wasn’t a leak.

Quote:
The C.I.A. officer approached a House Intelligence Committee aide with his concerns about Mr. Trump only after he had had a colleague first convey them to the C.I.A.’s top lawyer. Concerned about how that initial avenue for airing his allegations through the C.I.A. was unfolding, the officer then approached the House aide. In both cases, the original accusation was vague.

The House staff member, following the committee’s procedures, suggested the officer find a lawyer to advise him and file a whistle-blower complaint. The aide shared some of what the officer conveyed to Mr. Schiff. The aide did not share the whistle-blower’s identity with Mr. Schiff, an official said.

Everything was done the right way. But don’t be surprised if some lobotomized righties are calling this the biggest scandal in history on Hannity tonight.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman