September 30th, 2019 at 11:51:52 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

Fleswatter is throwing Biden BS against the wall to see what sticks
Sad and embarrassing nothing sticking
They cant defend Trump so they use BS to go after Biden
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 30th, 2019 at 12:00:03 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288

Thank god I didn’t hold my breath waiting for that evidence of anyone in the GOP angry about the firing in 2016!

As far I know it would have been impossible for the GOP to be angry in 2016 about the issue because the issue was unknown at that time by the GOP. To my knowledge, the first time this information was known was in 2018 when Quid Pro Joe bragged about extorting the Ukrainian government.
Let's go Brandon
September 30th, 2019 at 12:02:18 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: terapined

Fleswatter is throwing Biden BS against the wall to see what sticks
Sad and embarrassing nothing sticking
They cant defend Trump so they use BS to go after Biden
ROTFL

What is sad is the fact that you are too biased and blind to see actual corruption.
Let's go Brandon
September 30th, 2019 at 12:06:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: fleaswatter
What is sad is the fact that you are too biased and blind to see actual corruption.

Do you think the Trump kids haven't been making money in other countries Trump does government business in? What's your opinion on that?

Do you think when they show up in another country to take care of something, people doing business with them don't fall all over themselves because of who Daddy is?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 30th, 2019 at 12:06:41 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
The betting odds suggest a 61% chance that Trump will be impeached before the end of his first term. I wonder how many people betting that think impeachment means removed from the presidency. I think he will be impeached but won't get 2/3 in the Senate for removal. In other words, the same thing that happened to Bill Clinton.

The odds of him leaving before his first term is over are 21.5%.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 30th, 2019 at 12:49:23 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Wizard
The betting odds suggest a 61% chance that Trump will be impeached before the end of his first term. I wonder how many people betting that think impeachment means removed from the presidency. I think he will be impeached but won't get 2/3 in the Senate for removal. In other words, the same thing that happened to Bill Clinton.

The odds of him leaving before his first term is over are 21.5%.

Of course those are the odds.... The Democrats will apply extreme pressure on any of their brethren who do not want to impeach. They will be ostracized up the wazoo.... Since it only requires a majority, they can basically do it whenever they feel it is to their political advantage. They absolutely will not care if they have a less than 0.1% chance of conviction.
There is no prosecutor who brings charges against a criminal if they have such a low chance for success. But this is politics, not the criminal justice system. The thought of wasting countless man hours and likely hundreds of millions of dollars means nothing to the Democrat leadership. You can only imagine the conversation..... "I know we can't convict him, but what day should we impeach so that it will help us win the election?" Is there anyone who does not believe that is the Democrat plan?
September 30th, 2019 at 12:54:38 PM permalink
rxwine
He's be convicted if we didn't have so many banana Republicans.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 30th, 2019 at 1:01:15 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
He's be convicted if we didn't have so many banana Republicans.

I am a Republican. And I do like bananas. I still do not think anything I've heard so far is reason enough to remove him from office. Luckily for us we are nearing another election. Let the American people decide if they want him removed.

I want an EXTREMELY high bar to nullify an election, which is what the Democrats want to do.

Bill Clinton was CLEARLY guilty of a crime (perjury) and EXTREME abuse of power (sex with a subordinate), but those offenses to me would not rise to the level of nullifying the election which made him President.

Let the people vote.
September 30th, 2019 at 1:23:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
I am a Republican. And I do like bananas. I still do not think anything I've heard so far is reason enough to remove him from office. Luckily for us we are nearing another election. Let the American people decide if they want him removed.

I want an EXTREMELY high bar to nullify an election, which is what the Democrats want to do.

Bill Clinton was CLEARLY guilty of a crime (perjury) and EXTREME abuse of power (sex with a subordinate), but those offenses to me would not rise to the level of nullifying the election which made him President.

Let the people vote.

If we found out later that a President asked for dirt on his political appointment and purposely withheld funding from a another country to get it, that wouldn't be enough of a crime? If it was true?
September 30th, 2019 at 2:03:46 PM permalink
rxwine
I won't regret impeaching him even if he does win the election and is not removed from office. I thought he was impeachable from the Mueller Report and obstruction charges and that he already got his free "get out of jail" card with that business.

Nor would I be surprised if he is up to something again before we even get to the 2020 election. Especially if he gets a second pass. Just another "hey, you're untouchable" gimme to a guy who already believes that, probably long before he got into office.