The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 12th, 2020 at 4:54:24 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
He knows it's a joke impeachment,
just like everybody else.

That certainly isn’t what the tweet said.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 13th, 2020 at 5:25:00 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Gee, impeachment is horrible.

Wait, it looks to me like President Clinton emerged from it without too much problem. Sure, he's called an "impeached President" and the impeachment process has been brought up a lot now with an impeachment having progressed from a bunch of shrill screams upon President Trump's election to the actual deed being done on the lame set of charges leading to the actual approved articles of impeachment. Aside from that, Clinton has made a crap-ton of money and enjoyed his status as an elder statesman.

Okay...I was wrong...impeachment SHOULD be horrible. Instead, we have a bunch of people who participated in an impeachment in the 90's that was totally unnecessary, telling us from the other side of the fence, how the process should be done this time.

These two impeachments are political farce. Sure, Clinton committed a crime (perjury) but it was hardly a high crime or misdemeanor...it was all about a blow job and a blue dress. This one is a bunch of weak sauce that Nancy Pelosi has been forced to bring to the table by people who would be better served trying to figure out how to beat Trump in November.

I know both parties aren't exactly the same in their goals, but Politicians from both parties are more the same than different in their actions. For way too many of them, their survival in office is much more important than any of their constituents.

"A resolution on rules and procedure for the trial was adopted unanimously on the following day;[37] however, senators tabled the question of whether to call witnesses in the trial. The trial remained in recess while briefs were filed by the House (January 11) and Clinton (January 13)"

--Wikipedia

That was the process in 1999; why is it wrong to follow the same process okay this time?
January 13th, 2020 at 9:29:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
Gee, impeachment is horrible.

Wait, it looks to me like President Clinton emerged from it without too much problem. Sure, he's called an "impeached President" and the impeachment process has been brought up a lot now with an impeachment having progressed from a bunch of shrill screams upon President Trump's election to the actual deed being done on the lame set of charges leading to the actual approved articles of impeachment. Aside from that, Clinton has made a crap-ton of money and enjoyed his status as an elder statesman.

Okay...I was wrong...impeachment SHOULD be horrible. Instead, we have a bunch of people who participated in an impeachment in the 90's that was totally unnecessary, telling us from the other side of the fence, how the process should be done this time.

These two impeachments are political farce. Sure, Clinton committed a crime (perjury) but it was hardly a high crime or misdemeanor...it was all about a blow job and a blue dress. This one is a bunch of weak sauce that Nancy Pelosi has been forced to bring to the table by people who would be better served trying to figure out how to beat Trump in November.

I know both parties aren't exactly the same in their goals, but Politicians from both parties are more the same than different in their actions. For way too many of them, their survival in office is much more important than any of their constituents.

"A resolution on rules and procedure for the trial was adopted unanimously on the following day;[37] however, senators tabled the question of whether to call witnesses in the trial. The trial remained in recess while briefs were filed by the House (January 11) and Clinton (January 13)"

--Wikipedia

That was the process in 1999; why is it wrong to follow the same process okay this time?

So you would equate someone having an improper affair in a business you own as the same thing as them using millions of company funds improperly? You may not believe Trump did anything wrong, but I don't see how you be so dismissive of the charges against Trump in comparison to Clinton.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 13th, 2020 at 1:48:18 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
So you would equate someone having an improper affair in a business you own as the same thing as them using millions of company funds improperly? You may not believe Trump did anything wrong, but I don't see how you be so dismissive of the charges against Trump in comparison to Clinton.

IF there was an actual crime committed, it would be different. IF...

The lazy impeachment presented by the Democrats is much less than that. They didn't make any attempt to compel witnesses to testify, they leaked info from their supposedly secure hearings, they said lots of things, but the end result--their work product--falls way short of what you talking about.

If that is the level you accept for an impeachment, we may see an impeachment every Presidential term.
January 13th, 2020 at 2:29:01 PM permalink
rxwine
IF there was an actual crime committed, it would be different. IF...

This is false even by the republicans own witness

All 4 constitutional scholars said it was impeachable at the impeachment hearing. Including the representative for the republicans who claimed it was impeachable but paper thin evidence.

They couldn't find even one person that would put their reputation on the line to disagree. WHAT does that tell you?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 13th, 2020 at 2:47:30 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
This is false even by the republicans own witness

All 4 constitutional scholars said it was impeachable at the impeachment hearing. Including the representative for the republicans who claimed it was impeachable but paper thin evidence.

They couldn't find even one person that would put their reputation on the line to disagree. WHAT does that tell you?

"The strategy to focus on constitutional violations rather than the criminal violations they had discussed — such as bribery, extortion, campaign finance or obstruction of justice — highlights how Democrats contend that a president does not have to commit a crime to be impeached."

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/house-democrats-abandon-crimes-impeachment-articles

Impeachable? You can impeach a ham sandwich.

The idea is to be able to discern that something that you "can" impeach for also rises to a level so serious that it should lead to the removal of the President.

Instead, they have chosen to impeach as a political tool.
January 13th, 2020 at 6:52:44 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

The idea is to be able to discern that something that you "can" impeach for also rises to a level so serious that it should lead to the removal of the President.

Damm straight its serious. So serious, it does not matter what party the President is from.
If Obama pulled this crap, damm straight I would demand Obama be impeached
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 13th, 2020 at 7:01:20 PM permalink
rxwine

Impeachable? You can impeach a ham sandwich.

I don't think I'd call him a sandwich but he's relates well to ham in many respects.
January 13th, 2020 at 10:04:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Lev Parnas, one of Rudy Giuliani's Soviet-born associates embroiled in the impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump, has submitted the contents of his cell phones to the House Intelligence Committee, according to his lawyer.
January 15th, 2020 at 2:36:43 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: terapined
If Obama pulled this crap, damm straight I would demand Obama be impeached
So how come you say things like this about DEMocRATS who are long gone from office?? 🙄

Are you gonna be "courageous" and criticize Hairy Reed next? lol 😂😂