The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 11th, 2020 at 5:30:24 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
I believe if the Republicans allow witnesses and it at least appears like a real trial then they will be the big winners. Conversely, if they don't, I believe the Democrats will be the big winners. Since there is virtually no chance of a conviction I think that the Republican strategy is clear. And since they have all the power, they can call every Biden in the phonebook.

I think you’ve been wrong about this impeachment at every turn, and this is no different.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 11th, 2020 at 7:04:06 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
I think you’ve been wrong about this impeachment at every turn, and this is no different.

Luckily what you think is irrelevant to all but you. I think I've been close to accurately predicting the flow of this mess. Next prediction.... Pelosi eventually sends articles to Senate. Trial occurs. NO ONE changes their mind on guilt or innocence. Trump acquitted. Pretty simple.
January 11th, 2020 at 7:48:28 AM permalink
ams288
Next prediction.... Pelosi eventually sends articles to Senate. Trial occurs. NO ONE changes their mind on guilt or innocence. Trump acquitted. Pretty simple.

You're really going out a limb there! /sarcasm
January 11th, 2020 at 9:49:47 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
I thought she had some inside info on RBG's health and was waiting to hold the Articles until RBG passed away so the Dems could then make a rally cry that POTUS Trump could not nominate someone to the SCOTUS while an impeachment trial was pending
January 11th, 2020 at 10:10:42 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I believe if the Republicans allow witnesses

Witnesses for what. The Senates job
is first to decide if the crimes in
the articles of impeachment are
real crimes. They are not even
close, what good would witnesses
do.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 11th, 2020 at 11:49:39 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Evenbob
Witnesses for what. The Senates job
is first to decide if the crimes in
the articles of impeachment are
real crimes. They are not even
close, what good would witnesses
do.

Gee, Bob.... A majority of our elected Congressmen disagree with you. Even if i agree with you (I do), the process is in place for the Senate to conduct a trial. It doesn't say for the Senate to a priori decide that the articles are horseshit.
I'm not saying that it won't be up to a majority of Senators to decide which witnesses may be relevant or not, just like it was up to the majority of Congressmen to decide which witnesses were necessary to vote to impeach.
I really do want to hear Joe Biden testify, actually. It will make great theater.
"President Trump said he was asking for Zelinski to investigate corruption in the Ukraine. How exactly did your unqualified son get that 7 figure do nothing job from the Ukrainian gas company?"
January 11th, 2020 at 12:12:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Gee, Bob.... A majority of our elected Congressmen disagree with you. Even if i agree with you (I do), the process is in place for the Senate to conduct a trial.

Yup. And what does a judge do
when some case comes before
him that has no merit? He throws
it out because trying it would be
a waste of time. I've heard umpteen
law professors on the Left and Right
say these aren't even crimes, let
alone meet the standard of high
crimes. The House wants the
Senate to continue an investigation
because the House failed.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 11th, 2020 at 12:20:47 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Luckily what you think is irrelevant to all but you. I think I've been close to accurately predicting the flow of this mess. Next prediction....
Haha I love watching SOOPOO slam the libbies! 😂😂

Didn't someone say that he's the guy who predicted Hillary Clinton would beat Trump??
Yet he's got the gall to talk about other people supposedly being "wrong at every turn"?! lol 🤣
January 11th, 2020 at 12:54:43 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Shrek
Haha I love watching SOOPOO slam the libbies! 😂😂

Didn't someone say that he's the guy who predicted Hillary Clinton would beat Trump??
Yet he's got the gall to talk about other people supposedly being "wrong at every turn"?! lol 🤣

Well..... I'm a guy that predicted HRC would beat DJT also....... I was 'wrong at that turn..."
January 11th, 2020 at 2:40:27 PM permalink
ams288
Well..... I'm a guy that predicted HRC would beat DJT also....... I was 'wrong at that turn..."

Just about everyone thought Hillary would win. It’s become revisionist history by certain righties that they thought Donny would win in 2016.

EB claims he thought Donny would win (he didn’t) but he’s never been able to find any posts from 2016 where he said as much.