The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 9th, 2020 at 3:14:54 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
We probably pay a multiple of the numbers being quoted for what we perceive as iron clad security for our Presidents and their families. I was in charge of the ORs at our local trauma center when Obama was in town. An OR, with full staffing, was kept dormant during his visit. Major roads were closed for extended periods during his visits. No one was allowed to leave the hospital for hours after their shift was over as we fed right into the road he was going to be taking. Hours of overtime for hundreds of workers. I can only imagine how many policemen were on OT. Plus countless other logistics that I can’t even dream about.
I also was witness to a day Obama was going out to dinner in DC. Three separate motorcades.... two phony, one real I was told. Each with multiple motorcycles up front, then som cars, then an ambulance, then more cars, followed by more motorcycles. To go to dinner. We weren’t allowed to cross a street for quite a while.
This is not about Obama or Trump or Bush or Clinton. It is ridiculous how much we spend on our chief’s security. But there is no real alternative. We’ve lost 4 of them, right? Almost lost Reagan as well...
January 9th, 2020 at 6:24:09 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Well, it IS about Obama and Trump, because Trump made it that way.

In the article I saw, it reminded us that Trump said he would be too busy to leave the white house and take trips.

The article then estimated that Trump in 1 year spent as much as Obama in 8 on that sort of trip.

Now, we find out that the "most transparent president ever" is one more fighting tooth and nail to keep stuff like that secret.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 10th, 2020 at 6:04:54 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Dalex64
Well, it IS about Obama and Trump, because Trump made it that way.

In the article I saw, it reminded us that Trump said he would be too busy to leave the white house and take trips.

The article then estimated that Trump in 1 year spent as much as Obama in 8 on that sort of trip.

Now, we find out that the "most transparent president ever" is one more fighting tooth and nail to keep stuff like that secret.

He's pretty transparent. How many Presidents can you actually name all the women he's had affairs which? How many Presidents have you had sworn testimony from his appointees? (All the indicted ones!). How many Presidents have tweeted every thought, unfiltered!?

Seriously, though, I was stunned he was able to get elected without releasing his tax returns.
January 10th, 2020 at 11:09:20 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO

Seriously, though, I was stunned he was able to get elected without releasing his tax returns.

Why. Clinton to this day has
never released his medical
records. Obama said the
would have the most transparent
WH in history, and it was the
most opaque and secretive
in history. And he got re-elected.
Obama is the biggest overall
liar we've had in office since
FDR.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 10th, 2020 at 11:27:38 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Evenbob
FDR.

Here. A stock photo for your next food post.

Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 10th, 2020 at 11:34:24 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Face
Here. A stock photo for your next food post.
]

I don't get it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 10th, 2020 at 4:44:55 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Obama said the
would have the most transparent
WH in history, and it was the
most opaque and secretive
in history. And he got re-elected.
FDR.

Yep, Obama still hasn't released his college transcripts!!
January 10th, 2020 at 4:52:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Nancy Pelosi to Transmit Impeachment Articles to Senate Next Week

“I have asked Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler to be prepared to bring to the Floor next week a resolution to appoint managers and transmit articles of impeachment to the Senate,” Pelosi wrote in the letter. “I will be consulting with you at our Tuesday House Democratic Caucus meeting.”
January 10th, 2020 at 9:59:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Nancy Pelosi to Transmit Impeachment Articles to Senate Next Week

“I have asked Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler to be prepared to bring to the Floor next week a resolution to appoint managers and transmit articles of impeachment to the Senate,” Pelosi wrote in the letter. “I will be consulting with you at our Tuesday House Democratic Caucus meeting.”

No comments? Did you think the
old bag would sit on them till the
election? She tried to get leverage
because she has no case. What a
moron.
January 11th, 2020 at 5:18:16 AM permalink
SOOPOO
No comments? Did you think the
old bag would sit on them till the
election? She tried to get leverage
because she has no case. What a
moron.

The 'experts' are still divided on the political results of this move. Some feel the hypocrisy of the Democrats in the absolute need to get the impeachment done quickly to save the country from Trump, yet not transmitting the articles to the Senate is bad for the Democrats. Others believe if the Senate Republicans do not allow witnesses that the Democrats will have a "see, we told you we can't trust the Republicans to be fair" moment.

I believe if the Republicans allow witnesses and it at least appears like a real trial then they will be the big winners. Conversely, if they don't, I believe the Democrats will be the big winners. Since there is virtually no chance of a conviction I think that the Republican strategy is clear. And since they have all the power, they can call every Biden in the phonebook.