The Trump Impeachment Thread

January 4th, 2020 at 12:44:04 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
And it won’t pass then either.

Not in early January. But if Pelosi doesn't send over the articles by the end of January, I can see the Repubs calling her bluff.
January 4th, 2020 at 7:47:00 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Not in early January. But if Pelosi doesn't send over the articles by the end of January, I can see the Repubs calling her bluff.

We’ll see. :)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 4th, 2020 at 8:11:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
It's hard to imagine the standoff lasting through January. With the exception of some possible court appeal, which could legitimately delay proceedings.

Not even sure such a court appeal is possible.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 4th, 2020 at 11:22:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
It's hard to imagine the standoff lasting through January. With the exception of some possible court appeal, which could legitimately delay proceedings.

Not even sure such a court appeal is possible.

Yesterday Pelosi went to court
if to ask a judge if she can
pile on the articles of impeachment
without the House voting on them.
Add other articles. I don't see how
that would be possible. You have
to go thru the process. This whole
things is ridiculous.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 5th, 2020 at 8:13:22 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Is anyone on the forum worried about Iran interfering in the presidential race? Do you think the ramping up of the aggression against the US was a random event? Iran like every other country does things with a purpose. One possible scenario is get the anti-war crowd going before the election, it has even caused Hanoi Jane to make speeches again. Who do you think Iran would sooner deal with Trump or some bleeding heart liberal? I will await your answers although I already know what they will be, interference by a foreign power is fine as long as it is against Trump.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 5th, 2020 at 8:34:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
Is anyone on the forum worried about Iran interfering in the presidential race? Do you think the ramping up of the aggression against the US was a random event? Iran like every other country does things with a purpose. One possible scenario is get the anti-war crowd going before the election, it has even caused Hanoi Jane to make speeches again. Who do you think Iran would sooner deal with Trump or some bleeding heart liberal? I will await your answers although I already know what they will be, interference by a foreign power is fine as long as it is against Trump.

Terapined and myself have both said we’d impeach Obama for the same thing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 5th, 2020 at 8:39:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Looks like Trump has succeeded in getting all America’s out of Iraq. Their parliament has voted to kick us out.

Oh,still might not be approved.
January 5th, 2020 at 9:04:59 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Terapined and myself have both said we’d impeach Obama for the same thing.

Why was this target any different than all the people killed by the Obama drone strikes. I don't remember you complaining about his drone strike or mentioning impeachment. Just in case you have forgotten.

"Obama embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush. Between 384 and 807 civilians were killed in those countries, according to reports logged by the Bureau."

The civilians were collateral damage with leaders/terrorists being the primary targets.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 5th, 2020 at 9:20:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Why was this target any different than all the people killed by the Obama drone strikes. I don't remember you complaining about his drone strike or mentioning impeachment. Just in case you have forgotten.

"Obama embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush. Between 384 and 807 civilians were killed in those countries, according to reports logged by the Bureau."

The civilians were collateral damage with leaders/terrorists being the primary targets.

I was referring to the part of your question about Iran interfering in our election, not military strike.
January 5th, 2020 at 5:26:12 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

I do not know for sure whether or not it was a good idea to carry out this assassination. But I do know that since it is a Trump move every Democrat will be going after him. If he had the ability to take him out and didn't he is 'soft on terror'. If he does take him out he is provoking the terrorists into attacking us....... Kenarman hits the nail on the head...... since it's Trump whatever tack he took must be wrong.........