December 27th, 2020 at 5:46:07 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
It's getting interesting
Everybody knows 600 is peanuts
I'd love 2k

If they manage to force it on me this time, (they didn't last time) I'll either donate it or pay any income tax obligations I might have for this year with it and donate anything left over.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 27th, 2020 at 5:47:33 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Dalex64

If he would:

1. Pardon Tiger King.

AND:

2. Announce Tiger King as his 2024 running mate.

I believe he would legit have a landslide win.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 27th, 2020 at 5:48:51 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Tripdufan
Bravo man. Finally a Soopoo take I can agree with lol.

Both the omnibus and corona relief bills are veto proof. /popcorn

If this is the first SOOPOO take you can agree with, then you should read more of his posts. I think SOOPOO is probably the most politically sensible/reasonable person on this board.
December 27th, 2020 at 5:50:10 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Quote: ams288
Are GOP senators starting to get fed up with Donny’s corruption?

I guess being the law and order President means tough on crime except cronies.

Well, the first rule of being a high-level Republican is to be a total hypocrite, so he's at least traditional in that regard.
December 27th, 2020 at 6:01:07 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich
Anything that helps destroy our two party system would be good.

Will it, though? The only thing I see that accomplishing is handing 2024 to the Democrats on a silver platter.
December 27th, 2020 at 6:58:26 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Mission146
If this is the first SOOPOO take you can agree with, then you should read more of his posts. I think SOOPOO is probably the most politically sensible/reasonable person on this board.

Clearly Mission’s best post ever!!!!.......

Now about ams slamming ‘righties’ who are anti deficit but ignore climate change.... I am a ‘rightie’ who is concerned about both. As far as climate change goes, if you do not have a bias going in, there is no other reasonable conclusion other than human activities are at least part of the problem.

EXACTLY what to do about it is too complicated for a DT post. Once again, probably a compromise between ‘green’ and ‘energy’ platforms would be best.
December 27th, 2020 at 7:05:47 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: SOOPOO
Clearly Mission’s best post ever!!!!.......

Now about ams slamming ‘righties’ who are anti deficit but ignore climate change.... I am a ‘rightie’ who is concerned about both. As far as climate change goes, if you do not have a bias going in, there is no other reasonable conclusion other than human activities are at least part of the problem.

EXACTLY what to do about it is too complicated for a DT post. Once again, probably a compromise between ‘green’ and ‘energy’ platforms would be best.

As far as climate change is concerned: It's not that I don't believe it, it's that I don't care.
December 27th, 2020 at 7:36:40 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
As far as climate change is concerned: It's not that I don't believe it, it's that I don't care.

My point exactly. Some don’t care at all. Some care ‘medium’ like I do. Some make it there raison d’etre. I think political policies that take all three types of reactions to it into account work best...
December 27th, 2020 at 7:39:03 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: SOOPOO
My point exactly. Some don’t care at all. Some care ‘medium’ like I do. Some make it there raison d’etre. I think political policies that take all three types of reactions to it into account work best...

We're not a rich country; we're a country with a really high credit limit.

Show me zero deficit, zero national debt, nearly 0% unemployment and the highest workforce participation rate of all time and I would consider maybe caring a little about any environmental concern that could/would cost money/resources.
December 27th, 2020 at 4:41:33 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I agree, adapt or perish. I don't care.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.