No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

December 22nd, 2020 at 6:39:07 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I generally just respond to others on this thread.... but.... I think he really just imploded by threatening not to sign the stimulus bill because ‘it doesn’t do enough for regular folk’ or something like that. There have just been months of agonizing negotiations between Pelosi and McConnell, PRESUMABLY with the White House involved as well. If Trump actually cared enough about the amount of freshly printed money to be handed out to ‘average Americans’, he should have CLEARLY SAID SO, before a bill hit his desk.

I believe this is a clear stab in the back of Mitch McConnell. I will refer to Trump as President chaos for the next month. January 20 can’t come soon enough.
December 22nd, 2020 at 6:44:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
I generally just respond to others on this thread.... but.... I think he really just imploded by threatening not to sign the stimulus bill because ‘it doesn’t do enough for regular folk’ or something like that. There have just been months of agonizing negotiations between Pelosi and McConnell, PRESUMABLY with the White House involved as well. If Trump actually cared enough about the amount of freshly printed money to be handed out to ‘average Americans’, he should have CLEARLY SAID SO, before a bill hit his desk.

I believe this is a clear stab in the back of Mitch McConnell. I will refer to Trump as President chaos for the next month. January 20 can’t come soon enough.

Maybe he wants to sabotage the two GA senate candidates to get back at Mitch?

Nancy Pelosi has already tweeted that’s she’s ready to pass the $2000 stimulus by unanimous consent in the House.

Only gonna be the Senate GOP to blame if we don’t get that $2000. Just in time for the runoff!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 22nd, 2020 at 6:50:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Maybe he wants to sabotage the two GA senate candidates to get back at Mitch?

Nancy Pelosi has already tweeted that’s she’s ready to pass the $2000 stimulus by unanimous consent in the House.

Only gonna be the Senate GOP to blame if we don’t get that $2000. Just in time for the runoff!

It's getting interesting
Everybody knows 600 is peanuts
I'd love 2k
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 22nd, 2020 at 7:25:12 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
On the bright side, he has now admitted that he lost.
"send me a suitable bill or else the next administration will have to deliver a COVID relief package."
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 22nd, 2020 at 7:28:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The rightwing usually reject the label of xenophobia. but Trumps pardon of the Blackwater convicts generally reinforces the low regard for life of foreigners in an actual crime. It's hardly the first time either.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/former-blackwater-employee-sentenced-life-imprisonment-murder-2007-shooting-nisur-square
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 22nd, 2020 at 7:29:08 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Pardon season has now officially begun.
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/12/22/-trump-pardons-15-including-people-convicted-in-mueller-probe-.html
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 22nd, 2020 at 10:27:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Two Deutsche Bank employees responsible for lending to President Donald Trump and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, have resigned.

“Rosemary Vrablic and Dominic Scalzi have tendered their resignations to Deutsche Bank effective as of year-end, which was accepted by the bank,” Deutsche Bank AG DB, -0.28% said in a statement Tuesday.

Vrablic has been a longtime managing director and senior banker in Deutsche Bank’s wealth management division, and helped manage hundreds of millions of dollars lent to Trump over the years, the Times reported.

Scalzi reportedly worked closely with her, and the two continued the bank’s private relationship with Trump after the commercial side stopped doing business with him, accusing Trump of being a habitual deadbeat.

Through Vrablic, Deutsche Bank has lent the Trump Organization more than $300 million, according to the Times.

In August, the Times reported Deutsche Bank was reviewing a 2013 real-estate deal involving Vrablic and Scalzi and a company partly owned by Kushner.

The Trump Organization is under parallel fraud investigations by the New York Attorney General and the Manhattan district attorney’s office, which have both subpoenaed Deutsche Bank for records.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trumps-longtime-personal-bankers-resign-from-deutsche-bank-11608697069
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 22nd, 2020 at 11:03:57 PM permalink
terapined
Can 2020 get any stranger
Pelosi, Sanders and AOC are praising Trump for demanding 2k payments.
Boy did Trump just throw a hot potato to the Senate
In the middle of crucial races in GA
Can politics get any more fascinating
Got the popcorn out
Rooting for the 2k payments
At this point in my life, getting selfish. Give me the money
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 22nd, 2020 at 11:04:39 PM permalink
terapined
Dup post
December 23rd, 2020 at 1:27:52 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO

Bravo man. Finally a Soopoo take I can agree with lol.

Both the omnibus and corona relief bills are veto proof. /popcorn