No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

December 28th, 2020 at 1:59:13 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Mission146
Quote: ams288
When I hear righties say they don’t care about climate change because they’ll be dead long before the consequences of it really get nasty, that’s EXACTLY how I feel about the debt/deficits. Those bills aren’t coming due in my lifetime.
Credit where it's due...that's quite a fair point.

Fair point? Nah, it's actually a dumb point. Climate change (which is questionable in the first place) won't have dire effects until thousands of years from now. On the other hand, irresponsible spending could very well have repercussions in 5 or 10 or 20 years. It doesn't surprise me that the libbie doesn't understand this though. 🙄
December 28th, 2020 at 7:47:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
According to Congresswoman Sabemon(sp?) what Trump is really afraid of in the defense bill is this provision which becomes effective immediately upon passage.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-banks/u-s-congress-bans-anonymous-shell-companies-idUSKBN28L2NV
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 31st, 2020 at 6:06:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Trump ending his term like a spoiled petulant schoolboy might not be good for America but it sure is a political gift to Biden.

Trump ignoring the major technological hack, ignoring his own behind schedule vaccination plan to have18 million more vaccinated by 2021 resisting a smooth transition, virtually ignoring a significant event of the Nashville bombing while playing golf nearly every day since the election...it's political alibi for Biden all the way down the line. Biden can play the hand about the Trump mess left to him for anything he needs to.

It's highly ironic as Trump may appear to think he's hurting Biden. He's hurting America, he's hurting his own record, but he's actually helping Biden politically.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 1st, 2021 at 7:09:51 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Trump ending his term like a spoiled petulant schoolboy might not be good for America but it sure is a political gift to Biden.

Trump ignoring the major technological hack, ignoring his own behind schedule vaccination plan to have18 million more vaccinated by 2021 resisting a smooth transition, virtually ignoring a significant event of the Nashville bombing while playing golf nearly every day since the election...it's political alibi for Biden all the way down the line. Biden can play the hand about the Trump mess left to him for anything he needs to.

It's highly ironic as Trump may appear to think he's hurting Biden. He's hurting America, he's hurting his own record, but he's actually helping Biden politically.
. Agree. Whatever Biden fails at will be ‘because it was worse than we even knew’. Biden will take no responsibility for any failures, but of course will accept credit for any successes. After all, it IS what politicians do! Is there anyone here who, no matter what the facts are, is not expecting Joe Biden to say ‘the economy was worse than we thought’ and ‘COVID-19 was worse than we were led to believe’ ..... I could go on.....
January 1st, 2021 at 7:52:05 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
. Agree. Whatever Biden fails at will be ‘because it was worse than we even knew’. Biden will take no responsibility for any failures, but of course will accept credit for any successes. After all, it IS what politicians do! Is there anyone here who, no matter what the facts are, is not expecting Joe Biden to say ‘the economy was worse than we thought’ and ‘COVID-19 was worse than we were led to believe’ ..... I could go on.....

I agree, every politician will do that.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 1st, 2021 at 11:43:26 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote:
NEWS: The Senate has voted 81-13 to join the House in overriding President Trump's veto of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).

One has to wonder if Donny will lash out and attempt to sabotage the GA runoffs to spite Moscow Mitch (the case could be made that he was ALREADY doing that)...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 1st, 2021 at 11:58:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
One has to wonder if Donny will lash out and attempt to sabotage the GA runoffs to spite Moscow Mitch (the case could be made that he was ALREADY doing that)...

At this point
Trump could care less what happens in GA
His eyes are on a (maybe huge, probably small) Trump rally in DC Jan 6 11am.
They are still trying to determine where.
I'm sure the DC Mall is out, crowd will look too small :-)
Its the last crybaby move to try to change the election
He gets a big crowd, he does not attend the inauguration
He gets a Tulsa sized crowd, he may realize its over and attend.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 1st, 2021 at 1:26:43 PM permalink
SOOPOO
. I am EXTREMELY happy that a veto has been overridden. It is the way the President’s power is legally limited. I wish it happened more often.
January 4th, 2021 at 6:40:49 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
. I am EXTREMELY happy that a veto has been overridden. It is the way the President’s power is legally limited. I wish it happened more often.

I'm not sure I totally agree. A veto being overridden just means you have a POTUS who is extremely out of touch with what Congress (and, by theoretical extension, the public) wants on that particular matter.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 4th, 2021 at 10:53:21 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Mission146
I'm not sure I totally agree. A veto being overridden just means you have a POTUS who is extremely out of touch with what Congress (and, by theoretical extension, the public) wants on that particular matter.

If we ever again have both houses one party and the President the other party there will be vetoes up the wazoo. Nowadays, the Democrats in the House are happy to pass any number of bills they KNOW have no chance of becoming law, while the Republicans in the Senate wait until a negotiation between the House, Senate and White House has come to an agreement.