2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

June 4th, 2020 at 9:01:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC

Where are their ideas for making things better? Kneeling and decrying your white privilege won't fix a thing. It will take actions, not words. The people using words will be back in their nice homes and in their routine. What will get done?

I guess it will really take some sort of bigger problem to get more than a tepid response from Republican leadership.

Quote:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said “there may be a role” for lawmakers.

“We’ll be talking to our colleagues about what, if anything, is appropriate for us to do,” McConnell told reporters on Tuesday.

Other GOP senators appeared more skeptical about legislation, underscoring potential roadblocks in the Republican-controlled chamber.

“I don’t think so,” Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.) said, asked if he thought Congress would pass reform legislation. “I highly suspect it would be political.”

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), an adviser to McConnell, said that law enforcement reform legislation was “opportunistic” and “misses the point.”
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 4th, 2020 at 9:08:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The rats may be abandoning ship... Will be interesting to see if this gets a Twitter response from Donny:

Quote:
Extraordinary comments just now from Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) who tells us Mattis’ words were “true, honest, necessary and overdue.” Says she’s struggling with the question of whether to support Trump in 2020.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 4th, 2020 at 9:20:20 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
I don't 'know' him. or 'know' you, but I believe that both of you are generally happy in your lives. I think his posts are not 'full of rage', but, rather, are just designed to get under your skin. Not that different from yours.
Nope, I don't think so. Literally nobody else here has named people and then said that they want that person dead. Literally nobody has said that they will applaud when another person dies. The rest of us would never say stuff like that because we have class. 😎

I know a boatload of people making more by being unemployed, especially when you count in the stupid extra $1200. THEY DON"T WANT TO GET OFF THE GRAVY TRAIN. I believe terapined has said how happy he is to partake in the largesse. Free money. Market coming back. Camper packed!
Yep, the rest of us are paying for him to live on the dole. 😒
June 4th, 2020 at 9:22:42 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Ah, I always love when people who have never ran a business say "just pay your employees more!" Like it is magic.

It is no different than telling the losing team to "just score more points."

Haha, the libbie thought he had a great point and an easy touchdown, but then AZ does this to him & his argument lol! 🤣🤣🤣

June 4th, 2020 at 9:36:10 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
Nope, I don't think so. Literally nobody else here has named people and then said that they want that person dead. Literally nobody has said that they will applaud when another person dies. The rest of us would never say stuff like that because we have class. 😎

Nobody, eh?

Quote: YeahBaby
Elijah Cummings has died at 68

when I heard he died I gave a standing ovation!!

good riddance!!!

maybe we will get lucky this year and Joe Biden heart will finally give out on him!!!

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/685/1037/#post127760

LOL
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 4th, 2020 at 11:08:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
Where are their ideas for making things better? Kneeling and decrying your white privilege won't fix a thing. It will take actions, not words. The people using words will be back in their nice homes and in their routine. What will get done?

If you want to simplify the problem you ask, like any employer asks, how do you detect a bad employee, and deal with him/her without having to wait for a major incident?

There's suppose to be an internal affairs department. They're suppose to respond to complaints. Are you getting complaints? Are you responding to them.

Reminds me of some of the complaints about the "Suspension List" on the sites here. How do you track problems without keeping records?

If your customers won't come to you, you may need to come to them and find out about the service. Not whether they hate being arrested but to find out if proper practices are followed when they were.

You can't possibly monitor every employee, so you have spot monitor them enough to make sure they know you're around.

You even have to monitor your inspection process independently once in awhile to make sure it's working.

Sounds like a nanny state, but anyone have better ideas. You don't get results expending no energy about problems. You can't just shoot everyone to get rid of them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 4th, 2020 at 11:24:41 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
The first 'idea' for making things better IS happening right now. The charging of the other 3 officers with a felony murder charge is what many of the protesters want. Of course I can't state it with 100% certainty, but if there were no protests I would guess the other 3 officers would not have been charged with such a serious crime. Probably either ignored or let off with a plea deal on some misdemeanor.
I'll also bet that the next time any major city has a police chief opening, a Black man will get the job over an equally or even more qualified White man. The protests have sped up that process.

But of course, as a White cop, you will now do your darndest not to be in a position where you may need to use force to subdue a Black criminal. You'd now probably let them go rather than tackle them trying to flee. What if the criminal breaks an arm falling while I tackle him? What if he's coked up and has a heart attack while I'm arresting him? The pendulum will swing too far the other way, with the consequence being more criminals will be allowed to roam the streets in the areas most in need of getting them off the streets. What neighborhood do you think the looters returned to with all the loot?
One thing that will happen, moreso because it is already happening, is qualified people won't take that job.

My kid works for the troopers in Ak, a small population state [700k] but they have had a standing request for 240 more troopers. They have lowered the qualifications more than once already. Like other places, the State troopers want to hire people physically fit enough to do the job, that can pass a criminal background check, and pass a drug screen. I think it only takes a high school education to apply? That job is easily 6 figures, and they can retire with 20 years service at I think any age. And they can't find enough people to take those jobs.

Talk about the pendulum swinging back.

Maybe what will happen is they will privatize the police? I'm sure Blackwater can supply mercenary's troops to keep the peace. Just as our military is becoming more and more private contractors that are immune to FOIA requests, Erik Prince can have a place to park his employees after foreign conflict has either slowed down or his ex spec. forces guys are getting to old to wage war? Need some place to put them guys, but they are a little quirky.

Just as Eric Prince's sister Elizabeth Devos is secretary of education, Eric can take over the police.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 4th, 2020 at 11:33:51 AM permalink
rxwine
I was curious about costs to train a cop. Google says $5000
Costs to train a police dog. $12000

There you go. I'm pretty sure that says something.
June 4th, 2020 at 11:37:09 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine

That's not fair, the cop already knows what "fetch" means.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 4th, 2020 at 11:44:10 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine

You do realize this is always the case?

In the Army explosive and guard dogs cost many times for as much to train because of the number of people required to work all day on just training one dog.

As opposed to One instructor being able to train several dozen humans at once....

It's pretty common sense actually.....