No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

May 19th, 2020 at 4:35:41 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
No.

Remember when MI’s governor got a lot of criticism from the idiots on the right who criticize her every move for trying to prevent people from traveling up there to their second houses when MI was getting hit hard? There is an insufficient health care system up there to handle a surge in cases, which is why she didn’t want too many people traveling up there earlier in the crisis.

She kept people from travelling to homes they owned. She chose to decide what risk they were allowed to take and didn't weigh the options. They could stay where they were and be in a hot spot in which they had to get groceries and other essential (as deemed by the governor) items or travel somewhere else, be locked down there and be away from the outbreak. She also did not look out for the mental health of people being able to chose what home was best for their lock down.

Rural outbreaks have not been as bad as areas that are densely populated.

This outbreak has proven that "one size fits all" does not work for an entire state, let alone an entire country.
May 19th, 2020 at 6:42:58 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
She also did not look out for the mental health of people being able to chose what home was best for their lock down.

lol

“I can’t spend quarantine in my lake house. I’m going to KILL MYSELF now!”

The horror...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 19th, 2020 at 6:53:42 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I’d love to see the response if a conservative made light of mental health issues leading to Suicide, or made a crack about suicide at all, for that matter.

Typical far left tactics, it’s all righteous indignation unless a conservative is the target of the statement.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 19th, 2020 at 6:54:19 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
lol

“I can’t spend quarantine in my lake house. I’m going to KILL MYSELF now!”

The horror...

That is just a silly comment. If you own a house, you should be allowed to go to it.

I am not saying that they would kill themselves, though perhaps some people around the country have done that due to the disease, but would you rather be an older person in a high density area with lots of disease around or somewhere there would be less of it? Perhaps in a nicer location to go through the lock down?

That should be an owner's choice; not the State's.

Why should a governor get to make that decision?

There are more people against the lock downs than some think. Thousands of people gathered at parties; thousands of people at protests. Do you think they are all "righties"? You would be wrong.

You can get people to do a lot of things they don't want to do with reasoning and rules that are fair. Once your rules are not seen as fair, you are in a pickle. I am not saying we should cede more of our rights to someone else, it is just a fact of how things work.
May 19th, 2020 at 6:58:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
I’d love to see the response if a conservative made light of mental health issues leading to Suicide, or made a crack about suicide at all, for that matter.

From the liberals on this board? I doubt there’d be much reaction at all.

Quote:
Typical far left tactics, it’s all righteous indignation unless a conservative is the target of the statement.

*yawn*
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 19th, 2020 at 10:38:36 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: Mission146

The entire Republican party supports a man that suggested somebody should assassinate his opponent, moves on married women "like a bitch", and makes fun of disabled people, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and......

Get real. The rules have changed. I know, it sucks. The tone is set from the top. #thanksMAGAts
May 19th, 2020 at 10:53:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan
The entire Republican party supports a man that suggested somebody should assassinate his opponent, moves on married women "like a bitch", and makes fun of disabled people, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and......

Get real. The rules have changed. I know, it sucks. The tone is set from the top. #thanksMAGAts

The only thing that MAGA has changed is we have a leader who defends himself like a man instead of "acting above it all" and letting his credibility get destroyed. Liberals just cannot stand that a conservative fights back and wins. Trump has not attacked anyone who has not attacked him first. Liberals don't like it then they should start acting like grown-ups and professionals.

And funny liberals did not get mad when Obama made fun of the disabled.
The President is a fink.
May 19th, 2020 at 12:18:54 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

I don't recall saying the Republicans are any better. Generally, when it comes to politics, there is a positive correlation between vociferousness and ridiculousness on both sides.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 19th, 2020 at 1:27:09 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: AZDuffman

The bowling comment? LMAO....pathetic comparison. Truly pathetic.

For the record, Obama apologized. Trump never apologizes. That may be some kind of trait you admire. I don't.
May 19th, 2020 at 1:31:19 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: AZDuffman

The only thing that MAGA has changed is we have a leader who defends himself like a man instead of "acting above it all" and letting his credibility get destroyed. Liberals just cannot stand that a conservative fights back and wins. Trump has not attacked anyone who has not attacked him first. Liberals don't like it then they should start acting like grown-ups and professionals.

Grown-ups and professionals...suggest that political opponents be assassinated? Leaders....suggest that political opponents be assassinated?