2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

March 28th, 2020 at 4:53:40 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: Dalex64
Trump had a signing statement that said he would treat the oversight requirement as advisory rather than mandatory.

So here is a little fantasy scenario for the liberals out there.

I’m not sure there is a single crime or treasonous act that Mitch McConnell’s senate would remove Trump for.

Party over country has gotten so bad that I’m fairly sure Trump could drop a bomb on an American city and the senate would do nothing, as long as it was a liberal city.
March 28th, 2020 at 7:41:32 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: gamerfreak
I’m not sure there is a single crime or treasonous act that Mitch McConnell’s senate would remove Trump for.

Party over country has gotten so bad that I’m fairly sure Trump could drop a bomb on an American city and the senate would do nothing, as long as it was a liberal city.

At least president Trump has not threatened SITTING SUPREME COURT judges like Minority leader Shumer did. I'm waiting for Pelosi to denounce him. How about ant Democrat Senator? How about Biden or Sanders?

The Democrats are, and have been, the party of "Party over county". Ilhan Omar? AOC? Tlaib? Their pictures are in the dictionary as the definition of "Party over country". AOC is now loudly bemoaning the bailout bill as it doesn't do enough for ILLEGAL ALIENS!

You don't think Shumer's blatant, unambiguous threat against the Supreme Court was a treasonous act?
March 28th, 2020 at 9:58:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO

You don't think Shumer's blatant, unambiguous threat against the Supreme Court was a treasonous act?

We couldn't even get a simple perjury charge on a President who lies all the time, and you want a treason charge on Schumer?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 29th, 2020 at 4:30:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Trump had a signing statement that said he would treat the oversight requirement as advisory rather than mandatory.

So here is a little fantasy scenario for the liberals out there.

Trump, emboldened by the lack of oversight, starts funneling money to people and places prohibited by law.
An investigation is opened.
Pence, in an attempt to shield the president, tries to take the fall and resigns.
The house refuses to confirm his replacement, since the administration is under investigation.
Clear evidence of law violations by or directed by Trump come out.
The senators who voted 96-0 to pass this law that was broken tell Trump that this time they will have no choice but to remove him from office if impeached.
Impeachment trial? Maybe. Maybe he just resigns, but I doubt it.
The end result: President Pelosi.

I would think that the Republicans would want the oversight that they ultimately put into the law and voted for unanimously, to protect Trump from himself and the country from President Pelosi.

Get a life. Seriously.
The President is a fink.
March 29th, 2020 at 6:09:14 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
We couldn't even get a simple perjury charge on a President who lies all the time, and you want a treason charge on Schumer?

Not really. It's just an example that politicians can say and do incredibly stupid things. Just like I think a 'censure' would have been ok for Trump in regards to what he was impeached for, I believe that Schumer should have been censured as well.
As I stated in the many impeachment threads, I believe removing a duly elected government official requires a very high bar.
Just as I have said repeatedly, the people will decide if Trump will continue as President in just a few months.
The people of New York will decide if Schumer will continue as their Senator as well. As New York may now be the bluest state, having a Senator threaten a Conservative Supreme Court Justice likely gets you more votes, not fewer.
March 29th, 2020 at 6:15:55 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: AZDuffman
Get a life. Seriously.

Get over YOUR hate.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 29th, 2020 at 6:17:17 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine

We couldn't get a simple perjury charge on two Presidents who lied all the time....

Before you get into all your "well, Trump lies more...", I get that.

The bar for removal is high and neither Clinton nor Trump met the bar. There are crimes that would meet the bar and, even if the party in power was the same as the President, the Senate would vote for removal. All the rest (dropping a bomb on a city) is silly hyperbole.
March 29th, 2020 at 6:22:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Get over YOUR hate.

What hate? I am not the one who's life is wrapped up in a guy I hate. I'm not the one nitpicking every little thing wrong with the China Virus response like a little kid who did not get everything he wanted for Christmas. I am not of the group barely able to contain how they wish this was happening under a POTUS Hillary so she would have a good record to run on.

Like I said, get a life.
The President is a fink.
March 29th, 2020 at 7:05:04 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: AZDuffman
What hate? I am not the one who's life is wrapped up in a guy I hate. I'm not the one nitpicking every little thing wrong with the China Virus response like a little kid who did not get everything he wanted for Christmas. I am not of the group barely able to contain how they wish this was happening under a POTUS Hillary so she would have a good record to run on.

Like I said, get a life.

Again demonstrating your hatred and intolerance.

You can't seem to stand that people disagree with Trump and disapprove of his behavior, and I am one of the least vocal of that group.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 29th, 2020 at 8:23:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Again demonstrating your hatred and intolerance.

You can't seem to stand that people disagree with Trump and disapprove of his behavior, and I am one of the least vocal of that group.

No, I just wonder why someone would spend so much of their life wrapped up around someone they hate so much. Mentally unhealthy.
The President is a fink.