2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

March 25th, 2020 at 2:31:38 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Talk about some on the right don't understand the concept of the LOYAL OPPOSITION
I'll say it
Let’s see how his administration’s massive mishandling of the coronavirus and the ensuing market crash affects his approval. :)
Whats wrong with this?
I think Trump badly mishandled the virus response
The virus and Trumps response is why the market crashed. I don't want the market to crash but that's what happened and Trump is a big reason
Eventually his approval will tank when the s**t hits the fan next month as we are unable to flatten the curve
ALL THE ABOVE IS VALID CRITICISM AND IS NOT ROOTING FOR A STOCK CRASH
I want the market to go up, insures a more comfortable retirement for me but I can still criticize Trump for crashing the market that will eventually affect his approval negatively as his base lose jobs.

The righties pretending I want the stock market to crash is just odd.

If I wanted the stock market to crash: I’d say so.
If I wanted a recession: I’d say so.

When have I ever been afraid to speak my mind here?

Why would I lie about my true feelings on these topics? To avoid criticism from people like fleaswatter and RonC? I don’t give a crap what they think about me. lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 25th, 2020 at 3:15:10 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Why would I lie about my true feelings on these topics? To avoid criticism from people like fleaswatter and RonC? I don’t give a crap what they think about me. lol

The feeling is mutual.

You do care or you would ignore the criticism.

Really, though, who cares?
March 25th, 2020 at 4:10:35 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
As for Trump's "handling" of the situation, the consensus seems to be to ignore or contradict what he is saying.

Governors, both Democrat and Republican are.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/03/25/republican-governors-trump-social-distancing-148428

Top scientists are.

Even the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases does

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2897004001

Of course, you can't get away with contradicting the president too many times. Fauci had been absent from the past several briefings, apparently.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 25th, 2020 at 4:37:23 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: Dalex64
As for Trump's "handling" of the situation, the consensus seems to be to ignore or contradict what he is saying.

Governors, both Democrat and Republican are.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/03/25/republican-governors-trump-social-distancing-148428

Top scientists are.

Even the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases does

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2897004001

Of course, you can't get away with contradicting the president too many times. Fauci had been absent from the past several briefings, apparently.

--Trump has said that we will have to keep social distancing even going back to work.

--Fauci is still at some briefings and does TV appearances. He did miss a couple. Others have missed them also. The stories seem to try to make a big deal out of something that at this point does not seem to be one.
March 25th, 2020 at 5:02:12 PM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: RonC
--Trump has said that we will have to keep social distancing even going back to work.

Still recommended against by health panels, scientists, and experts.

Quote: Trump
We can socially distance ourselves and go to work, and you’ll have to work a little bit harder. You can clean your hands five times more than you used to. You don’t have to shake hands anymore with people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/24/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-easter.html

Quote: Trump
You are going to lose a number of people to the flu, but you are going to lose more people by putting a country into a massive recession or depression. You are going to have suicides by the thousands — you are going to have all sorts of things happen. You are going to have instability. You can’t just come in and say let’s close up the United States of America, the biggest, the most successful country in the world by far.

Quote: NYTimes
Public health officials were horrified by Mr. Trump’s statement, which threatened to send many Americans back into the public square just as the peak of the virus was expected. But at the briefing, Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, one of the task force members, said that any new guidelines would not pertain to hot spots like New York, and that there could be “flexibility in different areas” based on data.

Quote: NYTimes
But if people are told they can head back to work, commuting by bus or subway while thousands of new infections are confirmed each day, “the virus will surge, many will fall ill and there will be more deaths,” said Dr. William Schaffner, a preventive medicine expert at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.

Quote: RonC
--Fauci is still at some briefings and does TV appearances. He did miss a couple. Others have missed them also. The stories seem to try to make a big deal out of something that at this point does not seem to be one.

Honestly I didn't know he was "missing" until seeing a headline on the side of some other article I was reading.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 26th, 2020 at 4:13:57 AM permalink
RonC
Still recommended against by health panels, scientists, and experts..

I guess if you treat this like everything is going to open up at once and everyone will go back to work...damn the virus...the everyone should be against it.

I see at as more of a cautious reopening in places where the numbers are low, the curve has flattened, and with attention paid to continuing social distancing.

Some places will not be ready to open. Maybe none will.

I don't think anything has been decided yet...we're still weeks out from that happening.
March 26th, 2020 at 4:33:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Still recommended against by health panels, scientists, and experts.

Health panels and scientists do not have to take the economic consequences into account. Trump does. Businesses cannot stay closed forever. People cannot stay in self quarantine forever. At some point you have to get back to normal.
The President is a fink.
March 26th, 2020 at 4:48:55 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Health panels and scientists do not have to take the economic consequences into account. Trump does. Businesses cannot stay closed forever. People cannot stay in self quarantine forever. At some point you have to get back to normal.

Looks like our righties are getting closer to the “grandma must die so the movie theater can reopen!” position that is so prevalent in right wing media.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 26th, 2020 at 6:01:24 AM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: AZDuffman

When the virus is still spreading, according to the expert predictions, is not that point.
March 26th, 2020 at 6:11:04 AM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: ams288
Looks like our righties are getting closer to the “grandma must die so the movie theater can reopen!” position that is so prevalent in right wing media.

Trump wants to save lives: "You are going to have suicides by the thousands — you are going to have all sorts of things happen."