No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

March 25th, 2020 at 7:08:36 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Quote: RonC
I am not filled with hatred. I am not one who called for the death of a radio personality in order to have a party or the one that appears to be openly happy about the fall of the stock market.

<emphasis added>

I have no idea who you’re talking about here. Certainly not me.

Okay. If you say so.
March 25th, 2020 at 8:00:56 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
the one that appears to be openly happy about the fall of the stock market.

We discussed this earlier
When you complained about this
I posted that I went on Breibart and the comments were that they were thrilled the market went down because now there are bargains out there
You said you had no issue with that
so
According to you, the right can gloat about a falling market but the left has to be silent?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 25th, 2020 at 8:16:15 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
We discussed this earlier
When you complained about this
I posted that I went on Breibart and the comments were that they were thrilled the market went down because now there are bargains out there
You said you had no issue with that
so
According to you, the right can gloat about a falling market but the left has to be silent?

Did they hope for it or just take advantage of it? Put another way, did they want people to be worse off than they were four years ago?

I took advantage of it because it happened. I bought Penn National stock that is up 128%. I will sell if it heads down and try to make a profit on something with all the other losses I am showing. I would buy in again and hope I got it right.

The market was bound to go down; very few rooted for it. I realize some people do; I don't care for them, but they live in the financial markets.

I don't root for other people to lose their money. I hope your rollover was held in cash, or something relatively safe, at least temporarily so that you have money for retirement.
March 25th, 2020 at 8:32:41 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Head in the sand??????????
I listen to him everyday. He's doing a crummy job.
I don't rate politicians by how well they do in polls. That's absurd
You rate a politician such as Trump by his actions and words. That's what I have done and he is doing a crummy job

I'm not arguing whether he is or is not doing a crummy job. Just pointing out that the ELECTORATE thinks that he is doing a good job. My point was that this crisis has INCREASED the chance of 4 more years.
March 25th, 2020 at 8:39:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
When I want to know what's going on, I listen to the people around Trump. When I want to know what Trump is doing or trying to do, I listen to him. It's not the same thing though. Not sure why anyone concludes that situation is leadership.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 25th, 2020 at 12:42:22 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
I am not filled with hatred. I am not one who called for the death of a radio personality in order to have a party or the one that appears to be openly happy about the fall of the stock market.

<emphasis added>

There you go again, trying to rewrite history. Of course you do remember the following post:

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/1986/577/#post136351

Let’s see how his administration’s massive mishandling of the coronavirus and the ensuing market crash affects his approval. :)
(emphasis above mine]

You can continue to deny it but everyone here can see through your BS.
Let's go Brandon
March 25th, 2020 at 12:44:28 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter

<emphasis added>

There you go again, trying to rewrite history. Of course you remember the following post:

Let’s see how his administration’s massive mishandling of the coronavirus and the ensuing market crash affects his approval. :)
(emphasis above mine]

lol... Mr. Syntax keeps trying to rewrite that post of mine.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 25th, 2020 at 12:47:25 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3

<emphasis added>

There you go again, trying to rewrite history. Of course you remember the following post:

(emphasis above mine]

lol, everyone can see that NOTHING was rewritten from YOUR post.
Let's go Brandon
March 25th, 2020 at 12:50:47 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

<emphasis added>

(emphasis above mine]

You added emphasis where it didn’t belong.

You see, earlier I added emphasis to RonC’s post to show that I was responding to the part about the stock market and not the part about Rush Limbaugh.

You added emphasis to change the meaning of my post.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 25th, 2020 at 2:06:08 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

<emphasis added>

(emphasis above mine]

You added emphasis where it didn’t belong.

You see, earlier I added emphasis to RonC’s post to show that I was responding to the part about the stock market and not the part about Rush Limbaugh.

You added emphasis to change the meaning of my post.

Talk about some on the right don't understand the concept of the LOYAL OPPOSITION
I'll say it
Whats wrong with this?
I think Trump badly mishandled the virus response
The virus and Trumps response is why the market crashed. I don't want the market to crash but that's what happened and Trump is a big reason
Eventually his approval will tank when the s**t hits the fan next month as we are unable to flatten the curve
ALL THE ABOVE IS VALID CRITICISM AND IS NOT ROOTING FOR A STOCK CRASH
I want the market to go up, insures a more comfortable retirement for me but I can still criticize Trump for crashing the market that will eventually affect his approval negatively as his base lose jobs.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"