2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

November 1st, 2019 at 12:06:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Trump will say he didn’t want Ukraine involved in our elections. He will say he was aware of allegations of criminal activity by Joe and Hunter Biden, and was stongarming Ukraine to give him the evidence. If you believe you know of a high ranking US official involved in criminal activity involving a foreign country, you don’t think what Trump did was not only reasonable, but the correct approach?

I don’t necessarily believe Trump acted appropriately, but anyone who says ‘he has already admitted culpability’ is just plain wrong.

Rinse and repeat..... let the American people decide next November if Trump had the US’s best interests at heart.

Trump had a proper channel to investigate Biden. IT’s called the justice department. If the justice department asked for his help he could have avoided this whole situation. Barr knows better than to ask the President to do something improper or illegal.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 1st, 2019 at 12:14:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Trump already got a fresh restart after the Mueller investigation cleaned the infestation of unsavory characters around him. It didn’t take him long to find new trouble which a competent leader could have avoided. No reason to keep making excuses for him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 1st, 2019 at 12:35:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Trump had a proper channel to investigate Biden. IT’s called the justice department. If the justice department asked for his help he could have avoided this whole situation. Barr knows better than to ask the President to do something improper or illegal.

The Justice Department does not have jurisdiction in Ukraine. This is why we have a treaty for joint investigations.

The real charge remains that the Democrats do not like him so they want to impeach.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2019 at 1:13:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
The Justice Department does not have jurisdiction in Ukraine..

Neither does Trump. And Barr has gone overseas to conduct part of his investigation already.
November 1st, 2019 at 1:56:58 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
The Justice Department does not have jurisdiction in Ukraine. This is why we have a treaty for joint investigations.

The real charge remains that the Democrats do not like him so they want to impeach.

Ridiculous position. Why? Because that's not how the MLAT treaties work. If there was an actual US government investigation into alleged criminal activity by an American citizen in Ukraine, a FORMAL request for cooperation is made with DOJ's Office of International Affairs. This didn't happen for obvious reasons.

If Donald Trump truly cared about corruption in Ukraine, he had other options that did not include asking a foreign power to investigate an American citizen in exchange for aid, a citizen, I might add, that is not under investigation domestically.

There's the entire State Department bureau, the Bureau of International Narcotis and Law Enforcement which investigates corruption overseas. Interestingly enough, Trump has requested LESS money for INL, not more. Hardly the action of somebody who truly cares about corruption overseas, don't you think?

He also could've alerted the Ukraine ambassador and let him do the job he was hired to do. Didn't do that either, for again, OBVIOUS reasons.

But hey, look, I mean, I know you guys have sold your souls for this man that is completely undeserving of them, but at some point you have to come to grips with the fact that his man is himself a corrupt individual. The laundry list of proof is just too long to cite and frankly not worth it. You're too prideful to admit you're wrong about the guy.

Good luck.
November 1st, 2019 at 2:40:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Neither does Trump. And Barr has gone overseas to conduct part of his investigation already.

Which is why he asked for their help, legal under treaty.

If Biden were a Republican the lamesteram media would be earning lots of frequent flier miles trying to dig up the dirt on the payoff his kid got.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2019 at 2:57:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Which is why he asked for their help, legal under treaty.

If Biden were a Republican the lamesteram media would be earning lots of frequent flier miles trying to dig up the dirt on the payoff his kid got.

If I want to read fiction, I'll purchase Trump's book about his presidency authorized by him.

But if I want to read good fiction, then I won't read it at all.
November 1st, 2019 at 3:41:01 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan
Ridiculous position. Why? Because that's not how the MLAT treaties work. If there was an actual US government investigation into alleged criminal activity by an American citizen in Ukraine, a FORMAL request for cooperation is made with DOJ's Office of International Affairs. This didn't happen for obvious reasons.

If Donald Trump truly cared about corruption in Ukraine, he had other options that did not include asking a foreign power to investigate an American citizen in exchange for aid, a citizen, I might add, that is not under investigation domestically.

There's the entire State Department bureau, the Bureau of International Narcotis and Law Enforcement which investigates corruption overseas. Interestingly enough, Trump has requested LESS money for INL, not more. Hardly the action of somebody who truly cares about corruption overseas, don't you think?

He also could've alerted the Ukraine ambassador and let him do the job he was hired to do. Didn't do that either, for again, OBVIOUS reasons.

But hey, look, I mean, I know you guys have sold your souls for this man that is completely undeserving of them, but at some point you have to come to grips with the fact that his man is himself a corrupt individual. The laundry list of proof is just too long to cite and frankly not worth it. You're too prideful to admit you're wrong about the guy.

Good luck.

If you are talking to me, then you don’t know beans about what I think of the ‘guy’. I am embarrassed that he is President. His personal behavior appalls me. But I do not think the proper remedy for this is impeachment. I believe that in one year the American people can vote him out. The 47% or so of Americans that voted for him are likely happy with the results of his Presidency. Those 49% or so that voted for Clinton can vote for a Democrat. The big problem is the loonies the Democrats have, the I want to give everyone everything and not pay for it crowd.... If one of them is nominated DJT could actually win again. I hope the Dems find a more center leaning candidate, like Biden. Like a Klobuchar. Like HRC. We shall see.
November 1st, 2019 at 3:56:43 PM permalink
Tripdufan
If you are talking to me, then you don’t know beans about what I think of the ‘guy’.

I didn't quote you. I quoted AZDuffman.
November 1st, 2019 at 4:11:10 PM permalink
Tripdufan
But I do not think the proper remedy for this is impeachment. .

I think it's the perfect remedy even though I believe that there aren't enough Republicans with a conscience to convict him in the Senate. I like leaders that do what's right, not what's most popular. It's true that impeachment will likely not lead to the immediate removal of this corrupt 'guy', but it's completely necessary, if not for the sole reason of sending a message to future presidents that you cannot abuse the powers we the people bestow upon you for your personal gains.