2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

November 1st, 2019 at 4:41:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
But I do not think the proper remedy for this is impeachment.

Last thing I want to hear is, well how come you didn't impeach him if you thought he was so bad from Republicans when some of them are defending him in the future.

Well, we are.

I don't know that it's the most pragmatic decision, but it seems like the right one.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 1st, 2019 at 6:22:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan
I think it's the perfect remedy even though I believe that there aren't enough Republicans with a conscience to convict him in the Senate. I like leaders that do what's right, not what's most popular. It's true that impeachment will likely not lead to the immediate removal of this corrupt 'guy', but it's completely necessary, if not for the sole reason of sending a message to future presidents that you cannot abuse the powers we the people bestow upon you for your personal gains.

Impeachment is supposed to require a charge other than not liking the guy or his personal behavior. Honestly his behavior does not bother me. He acts like Amanda and defends himself. I realize libs prefer he just let them destroy him. But he is changing the rules.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2019 at 6:40:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Impeachment is supposed to require a charge other than not liking the guy or his personal behavior. .

I don't know why you keep deluding yourself. If we could have impeached the President on not liking him, we would have done it in the first 3 or 4 months of his presidency.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 1st, 2019 at 6:46:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I don't know why you keep deluding yourself. If we could have impeached the President on not liking him, we would have done it in the first 3 or 4 months of his presidency.

Not deluding myself. Impeachment for a routine phone call. It is a joke. If done it will set the USA on the path to being a banana republic with no respect for the rule of law.

And libs still do not care about the bribe Biden took.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2019 at 7:11:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Not deluding myself. Impeachment for a routine phone call. It is a joke. If done it will set the USA on the path to being a banana republic with no respect for the rule of law.

And libs still do not care about the bribe Biden took.

The whole thing probably has more evidence than what they have convicted some mob bosses on as mob bosses generally make their conversations unclear as possible.
November 1st, 2019 at 10:24:14 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Last thing I want to hear is, well how come you didn't impeach him if you thought he was so bad from Republicans when some of them are defending him in the future.

Well, we are.

I don't know that it's the most pragmatic decision, but it seems like the right one.

You made my point. I am not arguing with you about whether DJT a is 'so bad'! You don't IMPEACH a president because he is so bad! You elect a new one, by putting forth a candidate who is less 'so bad' than the present one. Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg, Harris, Booker, Yang, Beto, would be worse for the country than our present president. They may be better people, but they would be disasters as a president. Nominate Biden, Klobuchar or Clinton.

And no prosecutor prosecutes (impeaches) someone when they KNOW they will not be able to convince the jury (Senate) of the guilt of the defendant (President).

The Democrats need me as their chief strategist. Really!
November 1st, 2019 at 10:47:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

And no prosecutor prosecutes (impeaches) someone when they KNOW they will not be able to convince the jury (Senate) of the guilt of the defendant (President).

They think impeachment will fire
up their base and make Trump
look bad to his supporters and
give them a chance next election.

It won't work. It will fire up Trump's
base, and the Dems have nobody
to get excited about. Hillary is too
sick, Biden too old and corrupted,
ditto Bernie. Warren too much a
fake Indian commie.They have nobody
to beat Trump.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 1st, 2019 at 11:24:06 PM permalink
rxwine
You made my point. I am not arguing with you about whether DJT a is 'so bad'! You don't IMPEACH a president because he is so bad! You elect a new one, by putting forth a candidate who is less 'so bad' than the present one. Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg, Harris, Booker, Yang, Beto, would be worse for the country than our present president. They may be better people, but they would be disasters as a president. Nominate Biden, Klobuchar or Clinton.

The Democrats need me as their chief strategist. Really!

Nope, I'm using bad in the same way I would use for any criminal.

And I've been calling him a criminal from the first 100 days thread on the other site after reading articles about his past business practice.
November 1st, 2019 at 11:37:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Y, Beto, would be worse for the country than our present president.

Beto is out, btw.
November 1st, 2019 at 11:58:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Beto is out, btw.

Yeah, Beeto was out the day he
announced, you must know
that.. What kind of a loser
gets beats running for Senator
and then, on the basis of
that spectacular loss, runs
for president. And it was
a huge loss. He had Hwood
money behind him, 10's
of millions, and the Left loved
his bony doofus ass.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.