No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

October 22nd, 2019 at 11:47:25 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
I'm not familiar with Nadler at all

Really? Up until recently he was all over the news and you are usually pretty "up" on what is going on in the news.

It is actually interesting to me that this whole impeachment dealio is being handled by someone other than his committee, Judiciary, but I guess this is the "investigation before the investigation" so it is kind of do whatever Nancy wants to do...

I'm kind of amazed you missed him...
October 22nd, 2019 at 11:52:31 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: RonC
Really? Up until recently he was all over the news and you are usually pretty "up" on what is going on in the news.

It is actually interesting to me that this whole impeachment dealio is being handled by someone other than his committee, Judiciary, but I guess this is the "investigation before the investigation" so it is kind of do whatever Nancy wants to do...

I'm kind of amazed you missed him...

Yes, terapined's and ams's seemingly lack of knowledge concerning Nadler is "telling" and make one wonder.
Let's go Brandon
October 22nd, 2019 at 11:54:26 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC

I have a lot of different interests
I follow the news to a certain extent
but
I'm a big baseball fan
series starts tonight
Playing Links Awakening and the Ring Fit on the Switch. Ring Fit is crushing me with exercize
Getting back into Lee Child, reading book 20, Make Me
Bike riding
Playing a round of small ball at the golf course this weekend
Getting my camper prepared to live on the beach for a small mini vacation in a couple of weeks
Love detailing my beautiful Blue Jean Ford F150. I adore the metallic blue color and I have it shining with Maguires wax
life is good
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 22nd, 2019 at 11:56:08 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
Yes, terapined's and ams's seemingly lack of knowledge concerning Nadler is "telling" and make one wonder.

Maybe it's a Fox News/right wing media thing?

Do they make him out to be a big boogeyman (a la AOC) for you guys?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 22nd, 2019 at 12:10:32 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Maybe it's a Fox News/right wing media thing?

Do they make him out to be a big boogeyman (a la AOC) for you guys?

Some of the conservatives here are consumed with politics 24/7
Political discussions, although I enjoy it, are in reality a very small part of my life
The conservatives on this board bring up a political quote from 20 years ago. Wow. Some people have no life and live politics
I have a life. Rather have a life with lots of interests rather then being some Nadler expert :-)
I know who in Congress represents me. Nadler does not represent me. That's all I need to lknow
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 22nd, 2019 at 12:13:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: fleaswatter

How could you miss Nadler if
you were paying attention to
current events. He was the
leader of the witch hunt collusion
hoax. He was on the news
literally every day ranting about
Trump. He was the one that
forced Mueller to testify. When
that blew up in his face, he
disappeared. Completely. Poof.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 22nd, 2019 at 2:47:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Hillary leaves door open to 2020 run

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/lets-see-who-emerges-hillary-leaves-door-open-to-2020-run-sidesteps-praising-candidates/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 26th, 2019 at 6:19:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Nareed
I think Kelly won't go until after Jarvanka "resign." Sessions could go any time.

Mattis, I hope, will stay through to the end. I honestly get nightmares at the thought of a yes-man in his post.

Funny Nareed should comment on yes men. Even if for some reason you think Trump is a stable genius (?), he really doesn't benefit by having a bunch of suck-ups around him who just tell him how great he is and back down if they appear to upset him too much with something he needs to hear.

Quote:

Kelly, 69, said he privately cautioned Trump during his final days on the job that he would be impeached if he did not tap a chief of staff with the fortitude to check the president’s bad impulses. Kelly said he does not believe the president would be in this predicament had he stayed.
“I said, whatever you do — and we were still in the process of trying to find someone to take my place — I said whatever you do, don’t hire a ‘yes man,’ someone who won’t tell you the truth — don’t do that. Because if you do, I believe you will be impeached,” Kelly recalled, in an interview at the Sea Island Summit, a political conference hosted by the Washington Examiner.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 27th, 2019 at 5:21:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Funny Nareed should comment on yes men. Even if for some reason you think Trump is a stable genius (?), he really doesn't benefit by having a bunch of suck-ups around him who just tell him how great he is and back down if they appear to upset him too much with something he needs to hear.

The Democrats intended to impeach from election day. Just a matter of finding a charge as "because we don't like him" is hard to convict on.
The President is a fink.
October 27th, 2019 at 5:54:51 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
The Democrats intended to impeach from election day. Just a matter of finding a charge as "because we don't like him" is hard to convict on.

Well, lucky for the Dems they’ve found the charge.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman