Hey FrGamble!

May 18th, 2020 at 9:37:40 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
For the majority of the time Christianity has existed there-has-been-only-one-Church. What you describe as everyone interpreting their own way is what you do and what the reformation purposed.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 18th, 2020 at 9:45:16 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
May 18th, 2020 at 10:16:03 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
For the majority of the time Christianity has existed there-has-been-only-one-Church.

So what. You act like that means
something important. Once the
printing press was invented your
'one church' was screwed. Do you
know most priests before the
printing press couldn't read or
write? They were taught select
parts of the Bible and memorized
them. If they could read they were
strictly forbidden to own a copy
of the NT. Reason being too much
of the NT contradicted itself and
the Church wanted that kept under
wraps.

Then came the printing press and
that was that. Too many people
had access to what the NT really
said and they broke off from the
Church and formed their own version
of the religion. And it's been fragmenting
ever since.

The real truth is, the NT is such a mish-
mash-mess it can say anything you
want it to say. All you've done is decide
which version you want to cling to.
Goody for you. I choose to reject all
of it as any sane person would do.
Why get personally involved with such
a debacle. When you constantly
tell me I don't know the 'truth', what
you mean is your specific 'truth'.
When in reality no real truth exists
at all, just interpretations and guesses
and baloney.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 18th, 2020 at 10:33:55 AM permalink
FrGamble
Do you know you are truly wrong about just about everything in your last post?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 18th, 2020 at 10:49:11 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Do you know you are truly wrong about just about everything in your last post?

Or so your Church's self written
history would have you believe.
You're a busted, embarrassing,
broken record full of misinformation
that has been spoon fed you since
you were a toddler and you believed
it then and still do. Do yourself a favor
and wise yourself up, I'm sick of trying.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 18th, 2020 at 12:40:17 PM permalink
FrGamble
I think we are both busted and embarrassing ourselves. Anyone can easily check out what the Catholic Church really believes in the Catechism and anyone can also very easily tell that the falsehoods you keep sharing are not true and come from a very confused and angry person. I'm just glad to say that I feel like I have learned a good bit from you and you have helped me to learn more about what I believe. I will also say you have helped me to think differently about a few things. My big sadness is that it seems you have not changed one bit and you show almost no evidence of better understanding of the Church or her teachings.
May 18th, 2020 at 1:07:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Besides the fact that God obviously exists !

FrG... if this was my forum I would ban you. There are a bunch of high IQ people on here that disagree with you. It can't be "obvious" or else there wouldn't be disagreement on the subject.

It may be obvious to you, just like a person that 'hears voices' would say those 'voices' are 'obviously' real.

I would say your statement is trolling.

Please change it to "to me, it is obvious that God exists".
May 18th, 2020 at 1:17:59 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: SOOPOO
FrG... if this was my forum I would ban you.

What would be your reason for banning him? I think you'll do time in purgatory measured in centuries for banning a priest.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 18th, 2020 at 1:38:56 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Wizard
What would be your reason for banning him? I think you'll do time in purgatory measured in centuries for banning a priest.

It was in the body of my pithy post. Stating it is 'obvious' God exists to me is clearly trolling, when he is aware that the majority of the high IQ individuals that frequent this forum see nothing obvious about it.
May 18th, 2020 at 1:57:46 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: SOOPOO
FrG... if this was my forum I would ban you. There are a bunch of high IQ people on here that disagree with you. It can't be "obvious" or else there wouldn't be disagreement on the subject.

It may be obvious to you, just like a person that 'hears voices' would say those 'voices' are 'obviously' real.

I would say your statement is trolling.

Please change it to "to me, it is obvious that God exists".

I think you are confused about what I am saying.

I am not saying that the truth of Christianity or my personal understanding of God is obvious. I am only saying that the fact there is some non-contingent force/person/reality that we commonly call God that created all that exists is obvious. That is just simple logic supported by the scientific facts. How could there be something and not nothing if there was not a "God"? Do you disagree? Why? What other options are there? It is obvious and just because that makes you uncomfortable doesn't mean I am in any way trolling or insulting you. There are lots of smart people that don't think it is obvious, but there are a lot of smart people that think all kinds of things that don't make any sense.