Gun Control

May 16th, 2022 at 1:03:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
Quote: Tanko
No less than 237 mass shootings in the US, so far this year. Thirty-five so far this month.

Not to be facetious, but what is the average American supposed to do in response: lay down or take up arms?

Dems: lay down arms.

Rep: take up arms.

This country is going down the highway to hell and due to our crazy body politic nothing can be done to stop the bus from careening off the slippery highway and explosively rolling down the cliff.

The Onion always prints a similar report with the same satirical conclusion to these shootings. "nothing can be done"

Quote:
BUFFALO, NY—In the hours following a violent rampage in upstate New York in which a lone attacker killed 10 individuals and injured three others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Wednesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said New York resident Anthony Grady, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this individual from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what they really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past eight years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-r-1848930767
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 16th, 2022 at 1:08:07 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I am going to work on some new target areas when I work on my shooting this week.

—Center mass with no armor still first choice
—head with armor and no helmet
—Ball sack next choice
—thighs hoping to hit femoral artery
May 16th, 2022 at 1:16:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC

Ball sack next choice

You'd be lucky to be able to hit your own if you're being fired upon.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 16th, 2022 at 1:23:30 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
No less than 237 mass shootings in the US, so far this year. Thirty-five so far this month.

Not to be facetious, but what is the average American supposed to do in response: lay down or take up arms?

This country is going down the highway to hell and due to our crazy body politic nothing can be done to stop the bus from careening off the slippery highway and explosively rolling down the cliff.

Easy start enforcing the law and punishing everyone that breaks the law regardless of who or what race they are. There are no consequences now for most people. Your actions have to have consequences with no get of jail free cards for those that are disadvantaged, relatives of the powerful, mentally ill (according to least one doctor) etc. The law doesn't appear to be fair to anyone now, so everyone takes things into their own hands.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 16th, 2022 at 1:51:15 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
You'd be lucky to be able to hit your own if you're being fired upon.

I am not frightened by a whole lot as I get older. I know I am not going to be around forever. I have become very good in dangerous situations and I have plenty of training.

It doesn’t matter at the end of the day—I will do my best to take the target out.
May 16th, 2022 at 1:53:51 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: kenarman

Easy start enforcing the law and punishing everyone that breaks the law regardless of who or what race they are. There are no consequences now for most people. Your actions have to have consequences with no get of jail free cards for those that are disadvantaged, relatives of the powerful, mentally ill (according to least one doctor) etc. The law doesn't appear to be fair to anyone now, so everyone takes things into their own hands.

New York City’s Mayor understands that taking guns away from criminals and letting the go free does nothing to slow down gun crime. They just get another gun. Keep them in jail and they don’t do that.

We have lots of laws. Just enforce them—that is the correct answer.
May 16th, 2022 at 2:46:34 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I am not frightened by a whole lot as I get older. I know I am not going to be around forever. I have become very good in dangerous situations and I have plenty of training.

It doesn’t matter at the end of the day—I will do my best to take the target out.

I always wonder how I would do under pressure. Like you, I am not terribly concerned about my life so I am guessing that I will be better than most.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 16th, 2022 at 5:24:23 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: DRich
I always wonder how I would do under pressure. Like you, I am not terribly concerned about my life so I am guessing that I will be better than most.

Once you accept your own mortality life becomes much easier.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 16th, 2022 at 5:34:53 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I am going to work on some new target areas when I work on my shooting this week.

—Center mass with no armor still first choice
—head with armor and no helmet
—Ball sack next choice
—thighs hoping to hit femoral artery

You should always aim center mass. Anything else is just no realistic and counterproductive.
May 16th, 2022 at 5:37:07 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: kenarman
Once you accept your own mortality life becomes much easier.

Are you claiming that "fear of death" hamstrings / cripples us?

How so?