Threads: 18
Everyone's favorite subject. :)

Here's an article showing how effective gun-free zones are:
Shooting At Jack In The Box After Gun Free Zone Announcement
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 15th, 2014 at 4:59:24 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Yep. By definition, outlaws don't obey the law, so no surprise there...
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
May 15th, 2014 at 5:29:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: chickenman
Yep. By definition, outlaws don't obey the law, so no surprise there...

To me those "Gun Free Zone" signs are the biggest proof of what a society of sheep we really are. Now there are a very few places where it is a legit thing. Airports and courthouses two. But this kind of place you walk thru security in the first place. I mean, it is logical to seal the entire courthouse under a bubble of protection than to try to have security for each judge and witness and whatever.

But at a restaurant to just put up a sign and assume all is well? If I had a restaurant I would never think of putting up such a sign because to me it says there is a problem if I have to put it up in the first place.

What are they going to do if there is an armed robbery, say, "Sorry, sir, I'd be happy to give you the cash but can't you read the 'gun free' sign on the wall?"

Be a sheepdog, not a sheep.
The President is a fink.
May 15th, 2014 at 5:41:13 AM permalink
chickenman
Exactly. The bad guys will still attempt to thwart security but have to be really determined, put up a sign and they sashay right in.
May 15th, 2014 at 5:52:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: chickenman
Exactly. The bad guys will still attempt to thwart security but have to be really determined, put up a sign and they sashay right in.

It reminds me of an old episode of M*A*S*H where Frank hears that IIRC Sgt. Zale lost $300 the night before. Frank assumes they have a thief in the camp. When everyone tells him that it was lost in a poker game, Frank says, "that's impossible, I prohibited gambling on this base." He then does a full search of everyone looking for the thief, meanwhile everyone knows what happened. But over and over he just says, "But there is no gambling on base so it couldn't have happened."

We need to sell require people who believe these signs work to wear baseball caps that say, "WARNING: I AM STUPID"
The President is a fink.
May 15th, 2014 at 6:23:54 AM permalink
chickenman
Your suggestion reminds me of the old, "Here's your sign" joke. To this day, Cave Canem is the only sign that usually works. Most of the rest are ignored.
May 15th, 2014 at 1:32:04 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Most convenience stores let cops buy snacks free just because they want cop cars wandering in and out at all hours of the day and night.
May 15th, 2014 at 2:25:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Fleastiff
Most convenience stores let cops buy snacks free just because they want cop cars wandering in and out at all hours of the day and night.

Fast food joints, too. Smart business.
The President is a fink.
May 19th, 2014 at 8:35:21 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Second Amendment supporters need to be doing a lot more of this to get our point across:

Customers: If my gun isn't welcome in your restaurant, neither is my money
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 20th, 2014 at 3:40:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Another chain says gun owners need not show up.

Now, I can see where they say, "Hey, please do not carry an assault rifle in over your shoulder. And that includes the military, who BTW is why drive-thru was first invented for. It just isn't a polite thing to do.

But why do they always just ban responsible conceal carry folks?

I will seriously laugh next time one of their stores gets an armed robbery. HEY, WHY DIDN'T THE MANAGER JUST TELL THE ROBBER TO LOOK AT THE SIGN?!
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 901234>Last »