Gun Control

July 22nd, 2021 at 3:33:01 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: terapined
Thanks
I agree with Biden
Its about time
Lets get rid of that crap. I see no need for it. Never considered purchasing a gun
I feel quite safe travelling all over this great strong country

And yet, that damn Constitution is always getting in the way.
I bet you hate those Founding Documents with a passion.
The solution for you is to move to Taiwan, I hear they don't have a lot of guns there.
And that Covid outcome was so much better than ours.
I think you'll really be happy there.
Thanks for your contribution to our country,
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
July 22nd, 2021 at 3:49:15 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: Mission146
I have to admit...

...man, I hate this.

I'm starting to understand why Conservatives draw hard (and objectively ridiculous) lines on things. I mean, you can't bargain. You have to start with the most absurd position, that being, that anyone can have any weapon they want to. If you start from there, then at least the right to have ANY weapon (in general) takes longer to lose.

It's a handgun. People are not going to be 100% accurate if there is a home intruder. We're not talking about a spray-firing SMG...we're talking about if your first few against an armed home intruder miss, you've still got a chance.

The real problem the Left has with attempts to ban AR-15's,
is the firing mechanism & mechanics are no different than a Glock Pistol
One trigger pull, one bullet
The only difference is the cartridge/bullet that is fired and the length of the barrel
There is no logical way to say an AR-15 is a weapon of war/assault rifle
Without making the ridiculous argument that the Glock 17 is also a weapon of war/assault pistol
I don't think civilians should have any weapon they want.
Bazookas seem like weapons of war, automatic weapons seem like weapons of war
Neither of which I need for defending myself against criminals.
Although both might be useful in fighting a Leftist Autocracy and it seems like we are going that direction.
I am not a bump stock advocate and am fine with them being off limits.
I am not a big "pistol brace" supporter which is also on the hit list right now.
But you're right Mission, you give an inch and the next thing that happens is a 9mm pistol with > 10 rounds is illegal
It's like addressing the drunk driving problem in the country by closing down bars & restaurants that serve alcohol.
You can't be served alcohol outside of your home, most of DUI Problem is solved!
It's not a gun problem Uncle Joe, It's the criminal that gets a gun problem.
Just like it isn't a Bar problem with DUI's, it's the idiot that goes to the bar and gets tanked and then drives home.
Quit using the actions of criminals to limit the rights of law abiding citizens.
I can own a gun for self protection and carry it every day.
Just like I am responsible enough to go to a bar, get a drink and not get behind the wheel if I am over the legal limit.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
July 22nd, 2021 at 4:19:35 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Well, if...and (lack of) God forbid, you've ever got one or two guys drawing down on you with an intent to kill and you are unarmed---I think it's fair to say that could well be your last thought

But what are the odds????
Gee
Let's think what my last thoughts are as I get hit by lightning
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 22nd, 2021 at 4:22:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I have to admit...

...man, I hate this.

I'm starting to understand why Conservatives draw hard (and objectively ridiculous) lines on things. I mean, you can't bargain. You have to start with the most absurd position, that being, that anyone can have any weapon they want to. If you start from there, then at least the right to have ANY weapon (in general) takes longer to lose.

Contrast that to the left. They want all guns banned, they want all abortions legal and paid for by the government. They never give a millimeter. That is the world we are in. When we give a millimeter on guns they want to take more and more instantly.

So, yes, no compromises.
The President is a fink.
July 22nd, 2021 at 4:24:25 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: missedhervee
Not at all.

You and yours have been fairly lucky, that's all.

Fairly lucky????????
Really
Do you gamble?
Luck has absolutely nothing to do with it
It's all odds
The odds are way in my favor that the next death to a friend or family will not be a gun
How many people died today in this great country. What % was due to a gunshot. No doubt far less then one per cent.
Get real
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 22nd, 2021 at 4:24:58 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
B

That one is easy. 'I guess I shouldn't have golfed today'
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 22nd, 2021 at 4:25:58 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Contrast that to the left. They want all guns banned, they want all abortions legal and paid for by the government. They never give a millimeter. That is the world we are in. When we give a millimeter on guns they want to take more and more instantly.

So, yes, no compromises.

I want all abortions legal and paid for by the Government. Human beings have no provable intrinsic value and abortions are cheaper than the baby living, just considering public school alone.

See, I even beat Ben Shapiro in this debate. If I don’t admit humans have inherent value, which they don’t, he has nothing.

Does life start at conception? Sure, let’s say it’s alive as of conception—kill it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 22nd, 2021 at 4:26:57 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: kenarman
That one is easy. 'I guess I shouldn't have golfed today'

“Damn, that last bolt was really neat!”
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 22nd, 2021 at 4:31:53 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
But what are the odds????
Gee

What, lifetime? What are the odds a given person dies of Covid?
July 22nd, 2021 at 4:38:06 PM permalink
terapined
What, lifetime? What are the odds a given person dies of Covid?

I think the odds are a lot greater then dying by gun.
How many have died due to covid in this country over the last year
Half a million?
Have there been half million gun deaths?????????????
It's not even close

It's weird but some conservatives here seem to be angry that I am traveling all over the country unarmed and feel very ssfe