Gun Control

June 15th, 2014 at 12:39:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"My grandsons are all grown up so I decided to get my NRA card and a concealed weapons permit. If I hadn’t done what I did who knows what those group of boys would have done to me.”

A Canadian would have grabbed her cell
phone and been kicked to death trying
to call 911. The universe usually punishes
the unprepared rather harshly.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 15th, 2014 at 3:00:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Because as I have said, accidents happen with other things besides guns, but we don't try to ban cars, swimming pools, etc.

Yup, don't use a gun, but use a car all the time. If you guys can't see the difference in that you're not really trying. And I do take car and even swimming pool safety issues seriously. You won't see me voting against seatbelt air bag laws for more freedom or gateless pools. You won't see me trying to make it easier for unidentified untrained or dangerous people to drive.

My strategy on guns has evolved to this:

1) Gun owner/users can manage their own use and security and safety issues as a group. If it appears they can't or won't do that, then it becomes my business. If they just appear to be making it easy for anyone to own one and weakening or not enforcing laws, they are the problem.

2) I will vote for anti-gun measures. Hopefully ones that will work. But even if they don't work, I will vote for them if they are onerous, if the gun owners still won't recognize there is a problem.

So, I'm at the vote for everything that is onerous whether it works or not, because gun owners won't fix their own problems. Hey, if you don't think you don't have anything but your own selfish interests at heart and no responsibility to society at large, I will treat you like a selfish SOB.

Once they get serious, we can go back to step 1.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 15th, 2014 at 3:27:03 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
The Iraqi government should make ISIS register their guns immediately. Then ISIS won't be able to do this anymore:

ISIS IN IRAQ
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
June 15th, 2014 at 3:39:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Yup, don't use a gun, but use a car all the time. If you guys can't see the difference in that you're not really trying. And I do take car and even swimming pool safety issues seriously. You won't see me voting against seatbelt air bag laws for more freedom or gateless pools. You won't see me trying to make it easier for unidentified untrained or dangerous people to drive.

Nope, I do not see the difference. If guns or cars are misused they can cause accidents. And BTW, we have no need for seat belt laws, they have just become a tool to raise revenue.

As to your last point, I am glad you will not be voting Democrat any longer what with their support for drivers licenses for illegal aliens.

Quote:
1) Gun owner/users can manage their own use and security and safety issues as a group. If it appears they can't or won't do that, then it becomes my business. If they just appear to be making it easy for anyone to own one and weakening or not enforcing laws, they are the problem.

I will manage my firearms as a group of one, thank you very much. The loaded gun in my nightstand is no business of yours. Period.

Quote:
2) I will vote for anti-gun measures. Hopefully ones that will work. But even if they don't work, I will vote for them if they are onerous, if the gun owners still won't recognize there is a problem.

So, I'm at the vote for everything that is onerous whether it works or not, because gun owners won't fix their own problems. Hey, if you don't think you don't have anything but your own selfish interests at heart and no responsibility to society at large, I will treat you like a selfish SOB.

What "problems" are gun owners causing? Seriously?

But yes, I have my own selfish interests at heart. I want to protect my home. I use my guy responsibly. I have no responsibility for illegal use of guns. The NRA has no responsibility for illegal use of guns. S&W has no, well you get it.

CRIMINALS have responsibility for illegal use of guns.

AIDS kills 50% more people than non-suicide gun deaths. Want to ban unsafe practices that lead to AIDS?
The President is a fink.
June 15th, 2014 at 3:44:39 PM permalink
Beethoven
But yes, I have my own selfish interests at heart. I want to protect my home. I use my guy responsibly. I have no responsibility for illegal use of guns. The NRA has no responsibility for illegal use of guns. S&W has no, well you get it.
+10

The only selfish people are the ones who want to take away MY right to defend myself just because it makes them feel all warm & fuzzy inside. *facepalm*
June 15th, 2014 at 3:59:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I have no responsibility for illegal use of guns.

And that's the problem with most gun rights people.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 15th, 2014 at 4:01:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
And that's the problem with most gun rights people.

Why? Why is it my responsibility when someone I don't know uses a gun illegally?

Is it the responsibility of a registered plumber when someone uses lye intended for drain cleaner to cook meth?
The President is a fink.
June 15th, 2014 at 4:08:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I just heard they got 80 American tanks and 700
Humvee's and tons of ammo from an Iraqi base
in Mosul. Wonder what they'll do for gas, they
don't have a real army, just a pretend one.

They got BlackHawk helo's and cargo planes.
I doubt if they have anybody to fly them.
$430 million in cash and gold from the bank
in Mosul, this is not going away soon.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 15th, 2014 at 4:12:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
I just heard they got 80 American tanks and 700
Humvee's and tons of ammo from an Iraqi base
in Mosul. Wonder what they'll do for gas, they
don't have a real army, just a pretend one.

They got BlackHawk helo's and cargo planes.
I doubt if they have anybody to fly them.
$430 million in cash and gold from the bank
in Mosul, this is not going away soon.

The higher tech stuff and even the Humvees won't last long as they have no spare parts or people who know how to service them. The Iranians learned the hard way that equipment is useless when you can't service it in 1979. The ammo, OTOH, well they will have a party with that stuff.

Obama will not be able to blame $5 gas on Bush.
The President is a fink.
June 15th, 2014 at 5:38:54 PM permalink
Beethoven
Obama will not be able to blame $5 gas on Bush.
Oh, but he'll try.....lol

The one thing that worries me though is the number of LIV's who are gonna believe it. *sigh*